Pics

localhost

I've created an album to share with you guys. The pics are from 9/02 to 1/04. The link and PW are in my signature, enjoy!

Fantastic Album !!!
trampoline.gif
your hair looks great
smile.gif
wow, i love your progress. -- jainygirl

Thanks for the compliments ladies. offthechainliz, it took me about 1 year and 3 months to grow my hair to length in the last pic. My hairtype is 4a/4b, mostly 4b.

Congratulations Sweetpea, your hair looks great and you made some awesome progress.
bouncy.gif
Progress like yours really inspire me to hang in there. I am about 3 inches from bra strap. What is your regimen?

My regimen is relatively simple. I wash my hair every Wednesday and Sunday with Pantene smooth & sleek shampoo and conditioner. When I feel the need to use protein, I use cholesterol. Since I've retired the foam donut (hair was getting too long/thick for it), I simply twist it up and pin the ends under (I'll have to post a pic to show ya'll what I mean). My twist up takes approx. 30 secs and is great for consistency. I use carefree gold curl activator and I moisturize my hair in the morning before I twist it up and before bed.

I relax my hair every 10-12 weeks w/ revlon realistic lye in regular.

I take spring valley multivitamin, eat plenty of veggies, fruit, and tofu.

Right now this minute, I'm sporting a bantu knot-out b/c Jainy's/modelchick's thread inspired me. That's about it!

[ QUOTE ]
brickhouse said:
Congratulations Sweetpea, your hair looks great and you made some awesome progress.
bouncy.gif
Progress like yours really inspire me to hang in there. I am about 3 inches from bra strap. What is your regimen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brickhouse, definately hang in there
cool.gif
. As you can see from my pics, I posted the good as well as the bad b/c the first year was a learning curve for me. At times, I wanted to rip my hair out b/c I wasn't getting the results I wanted immediately. Hang in there!

Good stuff! The pic of you at New Year's is that your current length or is it longer? Your hair is very beautiful. I love seeing pics of hair journeys where the person started with hair above or barely at shoulder length and then through persistence and consistency attain bra strap and longer. Good for you!

A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind...did you trim your hair at all during this year and 3 months that you grew out your hair? I'm pretty much grazing bra strap right now and my ends are dry dry dry. I don't use much heat at all, it's just that the hair on the very ends are nearly 3.5 years old and have colour on them. I probably should just cut them off...what do you suggest?

Also, what will you do now that you are in maintenance mode? Will you wear your hair in a bun most days, or will you wear it down? This is a question that I've been asking myself a lot lately as I approach bra strap. I've been feeling the desire to "show off" and wear my hair down, however, I can't help feeling that if I make it into a habit, that it might spell trouble for my hair. What will your daily hair routine consist of now that you've reached your goal?

Thanks-in-advance for your time
wave.gif

Thanks ladies!

shinyblackhair,

I got my hair trimmed about 4 times in that period. 3 was when I went to the stylist and she did it for me automatically, and the final one was when I got frustrated with the breakage/dryness and did it myself. If I were you, and I had dry dry dry ends with color, and I was just about at brastrap, I'd wait until I was all the way at brastrap and gradually trim off the dry ends instead of doing it all at once. That way, I wouldn't feel like I'd been set back, but the choice is yours.

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I wear my hair in a twist-up 99% of the time. Today, I just decided to wear it down to see what it'll look like, but a good majority of the time, it's up and the ends are well moisturized and tucked away. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to deciding to wear it down, as I don't want to lose all the progress I've made.
My ultimate goal is waist length (elbow length), and now that I've accomplished brastrap, I'm not as focused or, shall I say, eager to grow my hair. I've learned that it grows, and I know that it'll get longer...I'm now just playing the waiting game. I hope I answered all of your questions
wink.gif

Edited to add: My hair is about 1.5" longer than the new year's eve pic
smile.gif

<font color="blue">Nice hair
clap.gif
I think I see the C-man in a couple of those shots </font>
sekret.gif

Back