[PIC REQUEST] Pin Curl sets on Natural Hair

MsLizziA

I would LOVE to see how some of you ladies hair came out after doing a pin curl set on your natural hair. Please share your pics. thanks!

I would imagine that they would look something like roller sets on natural hair.

In any case, I hope blackmasterpiece posts. i feel like she's done everything that could possibly be done to natural hair :yep:

I had one sort of. But 1. My camera sux. Haven't been able to buy another yet. and 2. I used blow dryer and caruso rollers before pin curling.

It was cute until I walked outside in June in Texas.

She did this while transitioning. She washed, conditioned, used Cantu, pin curled, and air dried. Check out the 1st and 2nd pic.

She did this while transitioning. She washed, conditioned, used Cantu, pin curled, and air dried. Check out the 1st and 2nd pic.
it did come out nice but i wanna see one on a full natural or i might just try it myself

Last edited:
Once I take these braids/twists out of my hair, I will try it.
Pleas post pictures if you do it.

I'm going to try it too! But I still think I'll need to twist or something first. Give me the rules. Lol.

ok so i tried it!

This is what my hair looked like before i pin curled it
photo-vi.jpg

010080518_17_40_1_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

This is what the pin curls looked like
_48_48_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

_50_22_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

_50_45_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

And this was after i took them down
_58_57_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

_01_48_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

_00_55_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

It was a pretty easy set. More pics in my fotki which is in my siggy!

ETA: i can honestly say the biggest benefit was that my hair had body to it and moved more.

I like the results..
Could you explain to me how you did this?
i just took sections of my hair and just twisted the section itself until it started to fold. Then i made a little circle with it and bobby pinned it across the circle.

i just took sections of my hair and just twisted the section itself until it started to fold. Then i made a little circle with it and bobby pinned it across the circle.

Lol now that you explained it sounds so simple :lachen:
I'm going to try one of these days. Thank you :)

ok so i tried it!

This is what my hair looked like before i pin curled it
photo-vi.jpg

_00_55_NewOrleans_Louisiana_US-vi.jpg

It was a pretty easy set. More pics in my fotki which is in my siggy!

ETA: i can honestly say the biggest benefit was that my hair had body to it and moved more.

The before and after look basically the same to me. The curls in the before look a bit more defined and full though.

Last edited:
Cute, but your hair looks the same to me. You have a natural pin curl set ;-)

ETA
I didn't read all of the post before my post.

Back