people using your products

janaq2003

Lets say you have a family member who regularly comes over and wants you to do their hair. You dont mind it at all. However, everytime they come over, they never bring their own products..leaving you to use yours everytime. How do you nicely tell them that you dont mind styling but your stuff costs money and they need to invest in their own stuff and bring it when they come over?

Subtly is not my strong point, so I would bluntly say, "Get your own!" :look:.

Honestly though, next time they want to come over just say casually, "Hey, can you bring your favorite hair products, I'm running out of some things." Hopefully she would get the hint. If she doesn't and continue to not bring products, tell her point blank that it would really help you out if she brings her own stuff. This might cause her to think that since you are doing her a favor, then she should do one for you. She should be grateful that you're willing to do her hair for free anyway.

This person should know you spend money on what you have in your home. To continually come over and not bring products of there own is selfish. This is family, tell them make sure to bring products when coming by for hair hook ups. If they want the good stuff show them where they can buy it from.

I can be very blunt. I just dropped some subtle hints.. told them how I could never find a certain product on sale and how much it was and how they should invest in some... they agreed...how much you wanna bet next time theyre gonna be empty handed?? I will def take the above posters advice and tell them next time they come to bring their stuff because I running low... I think this is nice as I can get w/o someone getting butt hurt.

You said it very nicely.

I would also see what products (of yours) they especially liked and asked them if they want you to pick them up a bottle, jar, tube so the next time you do their hair, they would already have it.'

Or I'd tell 'em Girl, Imma hafta' start chargin' you for the style, since you keep comin' over without your products.

Or could you start bringing your own products for me to use to style your hair?

Hope it works out.

Thanks for the input ladies..Im trying not act up. Im getting real tired of it. These family members act like they are at an all u can eat when they come over too. A free for all.

Hahahaaaa... Go to the dollar tree and get some v05 shampoo & conditioner... Some dollar gel and some dollar curl pudding...maybe even a dollar for some "grease". $5 spent.
Leave that out for them when they come over and if they dare complain about it or how it's different from the other products, let them in on how much the products they prefer cost, and tell em they get what they pay for... Actually they still ain't paying...

I'd just say it...I don't mind doing your hair but you should buy these same products I've been using since you seem to like them. Something like that.

Hahahaaaa... Go to the dollar tree and get some v05 shampoo & conditioner... Some dollar gel and some dollar curl pudding...maybe even a dollar for some "grease". $5 spent.
Leave that out for them when they come over and if they dare complain about it or how it's different from the other products, let them in on how much the products they prefer cost, and tell em they get what they pay for... Actually they still ain't paying...

Omg hilarious, but I say do this as well lol

Just tell her you are out of products and to bring X, Y and Z when she comes. If she comes empty handed, tell her you can't do her hair because you're out of products and she needs to go get some.

Last edited:
Back