People touching your hair!! LOL

zzirvingj

How do you feel about it?

Usually I do not get upset when someone touches my hair, as long as it is a simple touch (don't try to run your fingers through it, okay? That is too much!).

When I got it pressed last week, though, everyone wanted to touch it. For those people who asked before touching it, I didn't really care.

But 1 person, without asking, came up to me and "fluffed up" my hair like 3 times!! I had to say something ya'll. I mean, isn't it common sense if someone just got their hair done that they're not going to want you to be "running your hands through it" like some type of Pantene commercial?!

LOL

^^^^^^Your hair is very thick and beautiful :)

Gosh, I know that when I "debut" my BSL hair at work my boss is going to be trying to mess with my hair. What pisses me off about him, is that he always makes little comments about me wearing weave, yet his OWN DAUGHTER got tracks up in her head and her weave is SO obvious because the weave is jet black and wavy, but smooth, whereas her hair is dark brown, and braid-out wavy, but the strands themselves are fizzy. Her hair is shoulder-length, so I know my boss is going to try to find SOMETHING negative to say about my hair just to make him feel better about himself and his daughter's hair....

I don't like when people put their hands in my hair because when I just wash it and press it out. Then someone that I know just come up and put their hands in my hair. The first thing that comes to mind is that their hands are dirty and I don't know where their hands been. I'm just a germafobic and I don't want you putting your hands in my fresh cleaned hair.:eek: But I do love when my hubband rubs his hands in my hair because he is so amazed with how much my hair has grown.:p I'm a natural 4b and my hair is aways plaited or twisted up. I only press it out every three months and everybody is so amazed with the length but don't keep rubbing your hands in it. Just give me a compliment and keep on going!!!!:look:

don't like folks putting they hands on me period. :nono:

eta: but it does depend on who it is. if it's a family member or something then i'm usually ok with it. usually.

My boyfriend is terrified to touch my hair. He knows how hard I work on it and he also knows I have a temper.:boxing: I don't even like touching my own hair because if I hear a break or see it, I cringe. See what LHCF does? I was never like that before I joined.:lachen:

My boyfriend is terrified to touch my hair. He knows how hard I work on it and he also knows I have a temper.:boxing: I don't even like touching my own hair because if I hear a break or see it, I cringe. See what LHCF does? I was never like that before I joined.:lachen:
LOL :lachen:

It depends who it is. I just don't want anyone's hands in my hair. People have dirty hands ya know!

They must have been white. They tend to do that. I'll be surprised if they were black.

When I had hair :lachen:I didn't / don't mind if a black person touch my hair because I feel they know how to touch it. But other people....I crenge and say "don't touch"

Don't touch my hair...I'm tenderheaded.

:grin: This is too funny!
But for real.. I hate it. I have a coworker that does the same thing to me whenever I wear my hair out, and it bothers me, but I don't know how to tell her "take your grubby lil' hands outta my hair". :ohwell:
I can't imagine what she'll do when my hair gets longer .. like yours.
BTW Your hair is beautiful :yep: I see why people wanna touch it.

Last edited:
Even "I" get people going through my hair and my hair aint even that long yet... Here I am at awkward length and people run their fingers through my hair. I'm like "wtf?":whip:... In a way it makes me proud of myself cause what I'm doing is paying off.

It's funny this thread got bumped cause I had an "incident" on New Year's Eve the other week with somebody touching my hair...

Long story short, I was on the dance floor and this guy came up behind me and started bumping and grinding out of NOWHERE lol. The moment I felt him come up behind me I stopped the little bit of dancing that I 'was' doing. He got upset and was like, "Why you gotta act like that....and blah blah blah".

THEN, he grabbed my hair....I mean, a BIG HAND FULL OF MY HAIR...and yelled out, "THAT'S ALRIGHT.....THAT'S ALRIGHT.....THIS AIN'T ALL....Y----"

I was like, "This ain't all WHAT? WHAT? WHAT WERE YOU ABOUT TO SAY? SAY IT!" I was heated.

He said, "Well.....well......see.....I was ABOUT to say that this ain't all YOU ANYways but.....I guess I stand corrected." :rolleyes:

The NERVE!! The thing that gets me is, if it's mine or not, it's on MY head and it belongs to ME so don't go grabbing it!! :angry2:

Oh snap! I can't believe he put his hands on you because you wouldn't dance with him. He just wanted to play in your hair, nasty butt!

Im the owner of a Hair company, so im always wearing lace wigs as my protective style and for marketing puposes. People are always amazed at how my hair looks and theyre constantly touching it. Then when I explain to them that its a hair system it gets worst.... just ask, Ill be happy to give you a demonstration. Its soooo annoying!!!

When I ever go back home to Miami, I usually wear my hair out. My SIL has a habit of running her fingers right down my scalp and feeling around (doing a very obvious weave check :lachen:). I hate it. Her hair is thick and long, and I compliment her and keep it moving.

DH's teenage neices do the same too, all up in my hair.

Oh snap! I can't believe he put his hands on you because you wouldn't dance with him. He just wanted to play in your hair, nasty butt!

LOL...as soon as my cousin saw him grab me like that she headed over there like..."Oh no he didn't just put his hands no you like that". He must've been a little drunk. Which STILL isn't an excuse in my eyes cuz it's that kind of a violation of personal space that gets people in trouble :nono:

I actually don't mind too much when people I know such as friends and family touch my hair cause I do the same to them. The only time that it bothers me is when I do a wash n go or a braid out b/c the touching can mess up my style and make my hair frizzy.

I don't like it when people do so without asking...if you ask, I might let you...but just running your hands though my hair is not okay. MY BF does it frequently but he gets a pass because he loves my hair. I'ma need to work on getting him to stob "rubbing" it though...cause that is not cute for my ends.

Back