People flirting with my mom

brg240

So my mom gets hit on and flirted with much more than me. I wouldn't say it's tons(especially compared to some of you ladies) but quite a bit.

It's just so weird how she brushes it off. She never believes people are flirting with her. Or if we're together she'll say oh they're interested in you And I'm like :huh: clearly not.

Like today at the store my mom had asked a man how to cook something. And he told her how and was like I'd love to cook it for you and then was like are you married. And she was like happily. He then told her that he'd marry them both (:look:) but she doesn't think this guy was flirting only that he was drunk?

I told her he was and she was like no he was in his thirties, too young. Eh i don't get it at all.

I was just wondering about it. Ladies are you the type/are your mother's the type to brush off flirting?

Your mom sounds cute LOL how old is she?

I usually brush off flirting. Most of the time I don't notice unless somebody points it out to me. To me it's just harmless. Plus I'll talk everyone's ear off - men and women.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

My mom ALWAYS gets hit on...a lot more than me. Idk, it could be anything. She looks younger than her age, she's light-skinned (hey some guys are into that), she's short, independent, etc. Personally I don't find it weird at all. I always egg her on about it though. I just take laugh with her about it b/c though she's married, you can't fight the game! Plus Idk how her self-esteem is already, but I know she eats those compliments up (even if she doesn't act like it). Secretly, she loves it, she thanks them for the compliments - as do I. We're both nice ppl and well clearly they can see her ring but they still act like they have a chance.

Oh well, if my mom was single, she could have literally any man she wanted. Oh well, can't knock the hustle...she's level-headed though, so I know they wouldn't ever get a chance now and loves her man to be "dark chocolate" as she describes them.

Your mom sounds cute LOL how old is she?

I usually brush off flirting. Most of the time I don't notice unless somebody points it out to me. To me it's just harmless. Plus I'll talk everyone's ear off - men and women.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

My mom is 48 but I think she looks younger mid/late thirties/early fourties and she gets told this but she doesn't believe it. I don't know.

Okay maybe she's like you, she'll talk to anyone. I guess she's kind of a naturally friendly/open person.

My mom ALWAYS gets hit on...a lot more than me. Idk, it could be anything. She looks younger than her age, she's light-skinned (hey some guys are into that), she's short, independent, etc. Personally I don't find it weird at all. I always egg her on about it though. I just take laugh with her about it b/c though she's married, you can't fight the game! Plus Idk how her self-esteem is already, but I know she eats those compliments up (even if she doesn't act like it). Secretly, she loves it, she thanks them for the compliments - as do I. We're both nice ppl and well clearly they can see her ring but they still act like they have a chance.

Oh well, if my mom was single, she could have literally any man she wanted. Oh well, can't knock the hustle...she's level-headed though, so I know they wouldn't ever get a chance now and loves her man to be "dark chocolate" as she describes them.

I think the weird part for me is that she just doesn't acknowledge it. Maybe it makes her uncomfortable. A couple of weeks ago we were out at a resturant and the server was just buzzing around and going out of his way for my us. And she was like oh he's so nice. And the lady with us was like because of you and I was like yep. But she was like oh no it must because of Bri. This guy was not looking at me at all. The guy was in his thirties too, maybe it's because of some of the guys ages.

I don't mind I think it's kind of amusing because I know there is no chance but I think her perception is weird.

My mother gets hit on pretty often and she's 59. There's a man courting her now and I tell her to go for it. She likes to act like she doesn't want any man but I can tell that she likes the attention, and her new dude is pretty handsome. I think it's awesome, lol. My mother is a hot tamale.

So my mom gets hit on and flirted with much more than me. I wouldn't say it's tons(especially compared to some of you ladies) but quite a bit.

It's just so weird how she brushes it off. She never believes people are flirting with her. Or if we're together she'll say oh they're interested in you And I'm like :huh: clearly not.

Like today at the store my mom had asked a man how to cook something. And he told her how and was like I'd love to cook it for you and then was like are you married. And she was like happily. He then told her that he'd marry them both (:look:) but she doesn't think this guy was flirting only that he was drunk?

I told her he was and she was like no he was in his thirties, too young. Eh i don't get it at all.

I was just wondering about it. Ladies are you the type/are your mother's the type to brush off flirting?

She's probably does think she's just being friendly, but some women just have mannerisms that guys find cute and endearing.

That comment that that man made was weird tho :lol:. Either she had him really flustered or maybe he actually was drunk.

I am a bubbly person and could be BFF's with the bum on the train. If you gotta functioning mouth, and you talk to me, a conversation will be had. Unless it's overt I don't really consider it flirting. Just because a man struck up a conversation with me doesn't mean anything. I often will tell a man he looks great and KIM. I do this to women as well.

OP, your mom sounds like a beautiful woman. :)

Last edited:
I can't really tell the difference between small talk and flirting but my mom gets attention of outsiders a lot. She's just a short little blonde and quite friendly who jabbers a lot with strangers so I don't think she notices either. She's married but it doesn't bother her.

My mom is humorous like myself so she knows when a guy is flirting and joke around with him so that he's flattered while I'm there cracking up. Sometimes she swears some guy is flirting with me and I tell her she's bugging. I suppose I'm more apt to brush it off due to shyness while she plays it off as she's married and not interested.

That is cute.

My mom told me how she gets hit on by dudes my age, lol. I also remember this older dude used to hit on us both. Awkward. :perplexed

Last edited:
:lol: I got "checked out" by some teen looking boy the other day in WalMart when I was there with my DD. I'm 41. I just ignored him and my DD laughed and said, "Mom, that boy was checking you out!" BW age well. OP, when you are in your 40's and a mom, you too will be getting hit on all the time as well. :yep:

Back