Pda & The Kids: How Much Is Too Much?

Supervixen

I've read that it makes kids feel safe to see their parents kiss and hold hands, but how much is too much? Should daddy smack mommy's butt in front of the kids? Should mommy kiss on daddy's neck with the kids there?

How much is just right for you and why?

Hmmm, my boo bear is still incubating but SO is extremely affectionate, so I'm sure that won't come to a halt once the baby is born. He'll probably be elated to have another person to kiss and hug on.

I would say kisses, hugs, cuddling and hand holding are just fine. Butt grabbing, tongue kisses, ear nibbling etc may be too sensual. I'll never forget when my friend told me that her 18 month old saw her DH smack her butt when he came home one day. For some reason the baby fixated on that and started smacking her own butt all the time. :laugh: Yeah, no. Kids will find plenty of ways to embarrass you in public, I'm going to try to avoid anything that looks too sexual.

I tend to keep it as things I would do with our own parents around.

kisses before work, hugs, couch snuggling during movie night are in my comfort zone. The kids think it is all gross anyway lol.

I tend to keep it as things I would do with our own parents around.

kisses before work, hugs, couch snuggling during movie night are in my comfort zone. The kids think it is all gross anyway lol.

Right. They act like they hate it but secretly love seeing their parents being affectionate. Quick kisses, hugs, holding hands, it's all good. It makes them feel safe and secure.

I think the key thing is to be intimate and loving but not sexual in front of them.

Kisses (no tongue), hugs, cuddling etc is quite fine with me. Children benefit from seeing affection and love given freely between their parents and themselves.

I grew up seeing my parents love on each other, and I definitely want that for myself. Dad used to give Mom a kiss every morning on his way out the door, they would be all hugged up watching tv, Dad would hug mom from behind and whisper things in her ear...and then she would giggle like a schoolgirl. LOL! I have also seen my Dad smack Mom on the butt when he thought us kids weren't downstairs.

As a teenager I would roll my eyes but truth be told I loved it.

I'm cool with a kiss, hug, cuddling. Any form of affection so long as it is not overly sexual.

I always find it so funny when retirement babies are born when the kids are almost grown and they act all upset and grossed out that their parents in their 40s and early 50s are still getting it in. Where do they think they came from?

Kisses (no tongue), hugs, cuddling etc is quite fine with me. Children benefit from seeing affection and love given freely between their parents and themselves.

I grew up seeing my parents love on each other, and I definitely want that for myself. Dad used to give Mom a kiss every morning on his way out the door, they would be all hugged up watching tv, Dad would hug mom from behind and whisper things in her ear...and then she would giggle like a schoolgirl. LOL! I have also seen my Dad smack Mom on the butt when he thought us kids weren't downstairs.

this is my old ass parents now

and I still roll my eyes..

two of them is over do!

but in retrospect, it was/ is really comforting and represented part of the stabllising properties of my home and some thing I think all children should have

I have also... walked into ,y parents bedroom unexpectedly.. and caught them slipping tongue in the back verandah...

:/ sick of them but I love them

We try to be discreet. DS wants to join in every time when it's hug time!! :lol:

This is how my kids are. They see us kissing and hugging and they'll come running to get some hugs and kisses too lol. We're a very affectionate family.

I did have to tell dh to chill on the butt and boob grabbing in front of them though, because there have been times when ds has tried to mimick that behavior.

this is my old ass parents now

and I still roll my eyes..

two of them is over do!

but in retrospect, it was/ is really comforting and represented part of the stabllising properties of my home and some thing I think all children should have

I have also... walked into ,y parents bedroom unexpectedly.. and caught them slipping tongue in the back verandah...

:/ sick of them but I love them

This is where you went wrong! :lachen: :lachen: I always have my door locked and make sure they knock! I remember knocking on my parents door growing up too. My parents never showed affection growing up and I wish they did more. As for me, SO and I show affection like hugs and kisses (pecks); nothing overtly sexual. My teenaged DSS still turns away even when we hug. :lol: The younger two kids always want to join in on hugs and say "Eww" to the kisses.

This post has me feeling feelings!!! So cute!

I wanted to share this but there is no appropriate thread and it does not deserve a whole thread on its own.

My boss had a family barbecue at his home yesterday. He has 3 crazy kids. He has a 10 year old boy who acts like he is 40.

His dad was eating a juicy burger and really enjoying it. Kid says to Dad "Hey Dad! You are enjoying that burger too much! soo much that it appears you are cheating on my stepmother with the burger!"

What 10 year old says that?!

Back