Paging Tracy....

SexyGyrlNY

Hey Tracy (Hair twin)!
I read a while ago that you sometimes go to a salon called Nydia's, I was wondering what was your review of that salon? I'm home from college in VA and I need a serious perm so any info or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey SGNYC,

I liked Nidia's a lot when I first started going there years ago, ut I dont frequent it as much anymore.

The first reason is because Nidia herself actually opened another salon on Liberty and Hendrix in Brooklyn called "Dominican Hair Salon" and so I started going there (the original salon is on Glenmore Avenue in Brooklyn). Since Nidia's opened her new salon I go there occasionally, but she cut a LOT of my hair off last year in January and I don't go as often anymore. She does good hair, I just don't trust her anymore. I still go occasionally for her oil treatments - a practice that was carried over from the old salon.

I also disliked that she favors and pushes the use of no lye relaxers and I don't agree with that. She has a very limited selection of lye relaxers.

I go to other salons for my chemical maintenance, trims and weekly treatments and rollersets.

For perms, I recommend Sandra at Sandra's Salon on 138th and Broadway. Base yourself and bring your own relaxer and products if you are picky. A perm and trim will run you $50 and as long as you base yourself (she only does the hairline) you should be fine.

HTH

Thanks! I think I may check out your girl uptown sometime this week, I'll let you know how it goes.....

Back