ORS replenishing pack (slip dc conditioner)--best price$?

curlycraze

Along with many other ladies on this board, I love the ORS replinishing pack. I DC with a packet a week. I have found the best price at Walgreens at $1.18 per packet. Is this the best price? Can the packs be purchased in bulk? Thanks in advance.:grin:

They actual have the bottles now
http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/product_view.php?itemCode=0832170107KY0112&seqNo=148&start=0
I use to love these but it does not provide the moisture I need.

I :heart2:the ORS replenishing packs but I have heard that the bottle one isn't as good. Altough I couldn't imagine them changing the formula just to bottle it. I haven't tried the bottle myself yet. I like to stock up on the pack when the go on sale at CVS.:yep:

I tried the pak and the bottle and there was no difference and the ingredients are the same... U should get the bottle I get mine at the BSS

I have the packs and the bottle and maybe it's psychological but I prefer the pack. The cheapest I've seen was Kroger for $1.00

A $1 for a packet is great! However, we don't have Krogers in Denver. Thanks for the insight on the bottle of replinishing, I had no idea! I will give it a try. The packets travel well though (the FTA loves throwing my liquids away:drunk:). Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question. Peace.

Yeah, the best price i found was at cvs ( about the same as walgreens) it cost 1.29-1.50 at other places (sure you know)

I wish they had bulk, i just used to buy 4 for the month ( i use it weekly as well)

I buy the bottle now, its exactly the same---but it cost $16 for 23oz at the BSS ( hope sallys starts selling it), when i run out and dont have $16 i get the packets

ETA----so one works for all of your hair?
Im SL/CB and i was wondering if i was going to start having to use 2 packets once i reach APL

Last edited:
I actually think the bottle is different than the packets. I have the both and I stopped using the bottle bc the texture does not feel the same. I do love the ORS packs. I actually use them in my prepoo - I dont actually DC with them.

Yeah, the best price i found was at cvs ( about the same as walgreens) it cost 1.29-1.50 at other places (sure you know)

I wish they had bulk, i just used to buy 4 for the month ( i use it weekly as well)

I buy the bottle now, its exactly the same---but it cost $16 for 23oz at the BSS ( hope sallys starts selling it), when i run out and dont have $16 i get the packets

ETA----so one works for all of your hair?
Im SL/CB and i was wondering if i was going to start having to use 2 packets once i reach APL

Yes, 1 packet is enough for my hair. I usually put the plastic cap on for about an hour, during that time I think the conditioner gets to every inch of my hair. This stuff has been a hair saver for me.

Every once in a while, Kroger puts them on sale for 75 cents. Last time, I bought a grip of them. I have since found the bottle, I bought one but I haven't used it yet.

I use the bottle. I got it at a BSS for $12.99. It is 24oz. I haven't noticed any difference between it and the packs. Though, the bottle does say "Professional Formula" on it.

When I was using the pack, I never used the entire 1.75oz. This is why I like the bottle better, no waste. I do have a couple of packs that I am saving for travel.

I don't use these anymore, but stopping to get some cookies I certainly did not need at Food Lion I saw they were still only $.99.

Ever since the bottle became available, I've stopped using the packets. I dont notice a difference as far as end results.

I checked out Family Dollar and they are $1.29 here. At this point, Walgreens seems to be the cheapest for me. Not sure if we have a Food Lion though...

Back