DC to replace ORS Replenishing

Ingredient List of ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak:

Water (Aqua) , Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja) , Glycerine , Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil (Citrus Aupantium Dulcis) , D'Limonene , Panthenol (Vitamin B5) , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract (Anthemis Nobilis) , Sage Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Nettle Extract (Urtica Dioica) , Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbedensis) , Yarrow Extract (Achilea Millefolium) , Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinensis) , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 (CI 15985) , Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140)

Ingredient List of ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner:

Aqua (Water) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Glycerin , Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Panthenol , Silk Amino Acids , PEG-9 Dimethicone , Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract , Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Achilea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract , Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Juice , Dimethicone , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , EDTA , Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , CI 15985 (Yellow #6) , CI 19140 (Yellow #5)

It looks like they just rearranged the ingredients. What's different besides that?

I have been seeing the old bottle at my B.S. but when I started my hair care journey I picked up the new bottle and it has been in my constant rotation...Today, I will see if I can purchase the old bottle and compare the difference.

It looks like they just rearranged the ingredients. What's different besides that?

Well, the order of ingredients corresponds to the relative amount in the finished product,the greatest amount of ingredient listed first. So even if it has the same ingredients listed, the proprtions are different. The product can have a different effect on the hair.

This is a staple for me and I noticed the difference in the new formula. I am buying bottles of the old formula as I find them...um ths is not good for my "PJ fever" :look:. I'm also on the lookout for a replacement.

ETA: they think they're clever, first they changed the forumula in the bottle then they must have realised people were buying the packs 'cause they still had the old formula. So then, they changed the formula in the packs and put on the bottle "same formula as pak" or some crap. Namaste, if you're reading this by chance... GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMULA!!

Last edited:
I like Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor and Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor.

Well, the order of ingredients corresponds to the relative amount in the finished product,the greatest amount of ingredient listed first. So even if it has the same ingredients listed, the proprtions are different. The product can have a different effect on the hair.

This is a staple for me and I noticed the difference in the new formula. I am buying bottles of the old formula as I find them...um ths is not good for my "PJ fever" :look:. I'm also on the lookout for a replacement.

ETA: they think they're clever, first they changed the forumula in the bottle then they must have realised people were buying the packs 'cause they still had the old formula. So then, they changed the formula in the packs and put on the bottle "same formula as pak" or some crap. Namaste, if you're reading this by chance... GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMULA!!

I haven't noticed it. But I guess that what I get for using the bottle product instead of the pack. Hair is adaptable it will get use to what ever you put on it. I don't care about ingredient so long as there is no mineral oil or petrolatum in the product.:look:

I replaced ORS Replenishing with the Retread conditioner from Lush. It's moisturizing, with natural protein from agar seaweed, yogurt, and soy milk.

Retread definitely gives me the proper moisture/protein balance for my fine strands, and it leaves my hair feeling even better than ORS did.

I haven't noticed it. But I guess that what I get for using the bottle product instead of the pack. Hair is adaptable it will get use to what ever you put on it. I don't care about ingredient so long as there is no mineral oil or petrolatum in the product.:look:

I don't know about adaptability. I imagine it's pretty hard for one's strands to get adapted to the feeling of a sticky wax like substance over it. That new formula leaves my strands feeling gross when I rinse it out. :(

And if you look closely it's more than an order change. There are a few ingredients present in the new formula that aren't in the old. Proplene Gycol for starters. And it's pretty high up on the list which means there's a generous amount of it present. :barf:

I don't know about adaptability. I imagine it's pretty hard for one's strands to get adapted to the feeling of a sticky wax like substance over it. That new formula leaves my strands feeling gross when I rinse it out. :(

And if you look closely it's more than an order change. There are a few ingredients present in the new formula that aren't in the old. Proplene Gycol for starters. And it's pretty high up on the list which means there's a generous amount of it present. :barf:

What may be a stick waxy feeling to one may not be for the other. I really don't get the big deal. I like ORS replenishing conditioner whether the ingredients changed or not. It works for my hair. If it don't work for you don't use it find something that does. It works for me.

Proplene Gycol is a moisturizer and an emulsifier. Chemical formula C3H8O2. It is water soluable. I believe it has a low viscosity meaning it flow slowly. I bet it is the stuff that help give ORS its orange smell. I can conclude that this does not give that it waxy feel.

Several people have complained about the new formula. Many people complained before actually knowing the formula was new. They couldn't figure out why it made their hair feel so different. Most of the people who have used the new formula as well as the old, could tell the difference and the difference wasn't a good thing. If you're one of the few who still like it, I'm happy to hear it works for you. In your initial post, you asked a question and I was simply answering it.

I doubt the PG is what gives the ORS the Orange smell. I believe that smell might be from the abundance of Orange Oil contained in the conditioner.

I never suggested that PG is what gives the ORS it's waxy feel. I was responding to your question about what's different.

Also, quite a few posters here avoid products with PG regardless of its purported use.

"If it doesn't work for you don't use it?" Uh well that's what this entire thread is about, no?

Is this the older version of the ORS Replenshing? If so, this is readily available at my local B.S. I just purchased it and I will have to try it out next week.

2-4.jpg

OK! I am bumping this thread to testify for Mizani moisturefuse. WOW. I can't believe I slept on this for so long :wallbash:

This stuff left my hair super hyrdated. and soft! crazy soft. its been two days since i put any moisturizer in my hair and it feels really good. I think it definietely hydrates better than ORS. It did a good job of detangling my hair, but its not as slippy as the ORS. My tangles melted during the conditioning. But I'm gonna add oils to it and see if that increases the slip factor :yep:

I'm selling 2 professional sized bottles of ORS Replenishing conditioner (original formula before the awful formula change). They're unopened/unused. Each bottle is $13 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

Back