Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Haven't tried either, but inquiring minds would like to know

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MissMusic

For ladies that have used both, what is different besides the normal lye (more protein needed) vs no-lye (more moisture needed) properties did you notice?

Also, has anyone with a sensitive scalp (talkin burns easily) used the Lye and not have any burning problems?

Last edited:
i have never use the lye version but the no-lye was great.:grin: i would image that since both product deal with chemical that there is a chance that both can burn. i didn't burn with the no-lye.

Last edited:
I tried both and I love both. The difference in my hair was more how it felt and looked. My hair was silker and softer with the Lye, but the no-lye got it straighter. I prefer lye not just because of the way it made my hair feel, but it's more cost effective to me and I like the the no mix tub.

I've only used the no-lye and the first time it gave me beautiful results. After that it was all downhill. I was so underprocessed!

i've only tried the no-lye & i love it.

i use to burn when others did the relaxers on me (forehead, scalp ears, neck), but now that i do my own, i don't burn any more. :rolleyes:

I've used both no lye and lye. ( voted lye is better) I added extra olive oil to the mix and made sure I based my scalp really well. I still had one little area that burned a little, but that was because I scratched a lot in that area. Since I switched I've only used it once(currently 17 wks post), but I can tell it's better because my hair retains the moisture better.

Back