Ordering my standup hairdryer today

pmichael52172

I can't wait. I'm not able to do nice roller sets at home because the bonnet hair dryer I have sucks... well all bonnets do when styles require even air distribution for drying my hair.

I'm ordering a stand up dryer like the salons on the way home today from Sally's. It's a Conair, which is a low end brand but I don't want to put out more for a dryer.

My stylist is my church sister and she let me do my hair at her salon one night. I did the exact same thing as I do at home except for the dryer and that was it... my crappy dryer. I don't want the travel hooded one but I want the stand up. They have it for $90 so if anyone knows of a cheaper one, but still nice for home... please catch me now! Here's what I'm ordering, unless I see a better one I like in their catalog when I get there.

Last edited:
Well, I decided to hold off until payday to order the dryer. Payday is this Thursday (LOL!). My local Sally Beauty Supply says this price is only available if you I it at their store location and it does not expire anytime soon. It takes 5-7 business days to arrive and I was hoping to have it by this weekend so I could do a nice crisp roller set, but I'll just have to wait a few days more.

What makes me most comfortable is that Sally's accepts returns up to or around 90 days. My stylist said it is a good investment for that price and although Conair is low budget, the wattage should still be good enough and hot enough to get a nice roller set home like I did at her salon.

I know your excited. I ordered mine like a wk ago and it came today, sorry to say that the long pole got lost in delivery so the company is sending me out a new one. I turned the dryer on any way because I couldn't wait to see how hot it would get, and it gets really hot and it's soo huge I'll be able to fit comfortably under their w/grey rollers in and still have plenty of room. I'll definately do a review when it comes.

I bought one of these as a Christmas gift to myself. You are going to love it. I feel like I'm really doing something when I use it (LOL:) )

Don't forget about the soft bonnet hair dryer. That's the only one I've used lately for my rollersets.

I have the soft bonnet but it does nothing for my roller sets. I only use it when I wrap my hair to dry. My bonnet doesn't distribute heat evenly for good drying time and it doesn't get hot enough. Because the hose is in the back, the sides and front are always damp after a long time, and my rollersets always come out with puffy roots, even though I roll them well.

This is the one I use:

303285.jpg

It dries faster than the hard bonnet and no hose

Okay. No wonder why yours works. I've NEVER seen one like that. Looks like an astronaut! LOL I can see how it would give good even coverage and you have way more hair than I do. My bonnet is the old school kind. How does it fit on your head, say if you have flexi rods or rollers?

47b6ce26b3127cce8dbbb314c78500000015108AbuWzVo5Yt1

If it can cover these rollers and my large head, I think it can fit anyones head. And the member formly know as Honeyjamz uses the large grey rollers with this dryer.

Thanks dlewis. I still want my stand up, but I'll need a travel dryer and don't want the portable hard top so this would be a good option. Thanks!

pmichael52172 said:
I'm curious, what type of stand up dryers do you ladies have? Pics if you have them. Thanks. I can not wait!
This is the one I have. I bought it from Sallys a while back. It was around $175. I love it--its like the ones in the salon.:)

904638.jpg

Traditional dryer that heats up to 145 degrees depending on the environment.
Convenient 110 volt electrical outlet
Dial setting for perm processing cycles
60 minute timer with two-minute cool down cycles
980 watt heating element, 11 amps
Dimensions: 6.5"D x 12.25"W x 23.75"H

I plan to buy one. I could have sworn I seen one at my local Bss for like 70.00 bucks. I have to double check.

dlewis said:
This is the one I use:

303285.jpg

It dries faster than the hard bonnet and no hose

This is what i have and it is so great. I also bought the ear protectors ($1) because it can really get hot.

Shunta,

When I saw the version you had, I thought to myself, now THAT would be the ticket, but no way can it go in my home. How is yours set up and where? Against a wall behind a chair? Do you leave it out all the time or put it away somewhere? Does it just plug in? Girl you could do some bangin' bootleg doobies with that dryer! LOL

pmichael52172 said:
Shunta,

When I saw the version you had, I thought to myself, now THAT would be the ticket, but no way can it go in my home. How is yours set up and where? Against a wall behind a chair? Do you leave it out all the time or put it away somewhere? Does it just plug in? Girl you could do some bangin' bootleg doobies with that dryer! LOL
Oops I forgot to post the stand that you can buy with it. Its also at Sallys for $37.99:)

Stand400.jpg

I bought mine from the BSS. I think Sally's have them also.

Make sure ya'll ladies check EBay also, they have some nice ones going for great prices, I saw two Pibbs Dry Fast starting bid $95. I say wait till the last min. and bid you may get a good deal.
dlewis said:
Where did you find the ear protectors.

Last edited:
shunta said:
904638.jpg

Traditional dryer that heats up to 145 degrees depending on the environment.
Convenient 110 volt electrical outlet
Dial setting for perm processing cycles
60 minute timer with two-minute cool down cycles
980 watt heating element, 11 amps
Dimensions: 6.5"D x 12.25"W x 23.75"H

I have this one as well. I got mine at Sally's on sale for $159.00. I keep mine in the box it came in hidden in a corner between my chest of drawers and my computer armoire in my bedroom. I just take it out the box and attach the hood when I need to use it.

I might have to look into getting the stand because the shoe box I use to sit it on is starting to dent.

I also have the one like Dlewis and a tabletop hooded dryer. But I use the salon dryer the most.

Back