pibbs vs salonsrus and other standup dryers

Another please customer with the SalonsrUs dryer. I'd been holding off on the pibbs for over a year. Took the plunge and ordered from LCL Beauty. This dryer is Boss. I've gone to the Dominicans and have sat under many Pibbs....I'd say they comparable in every way.

To the earlier poster that was hesitate about taking the plunge due to a large head. This baby will fit. I have a large head....so large in fact that I had to take back a Gold N Hot table top and the Babyliss Rollabout dryer to Sally's beauty. Neither would fit over my head with a full set of rollers.

I love this dryer so much that I'm going to get a back-up. I can see the price on this eventually going up on this eventually and I want to get a secone one while it is still a great price.

~Dee

Another please customer with the SalonsrUs dryer. I'd been holding off on the pibbs for over a year. Took the plunge and ordered from LCL Beauty. This dryer is Boss. I've gone to the Dominicans and have sat under many Pibbs....I'd say they comparable in every way.

To the earlier poster that was hesitate about taking the plunge due to a large head. This baby will fit. I have a large head....so large in fact that I had to take back a Gold N Hot table top and the Babyliss Rollabout dryer to Sally's beauty. Neither would fit over my head with a full set of rollers.

I love this dryer so much that I'm going to get a back-up. I can see the price on this eventually going up on this eventually and I want to get a secone one while it is still a great price.

~Dee

Dacia38

Actually the price has dropped-when I purchased it 3 years ago was around 150. And my head is like 24 inches around and I still have room when using the grey rollers :yep:

kblc06...thanks. That is good to know. I'm definitely purchasing a back-up when my income tax check rolls in. :) Or even before if they plan to give any holiday discounts. I loves a good deal.

bumping....... this thread i am thinking about getting the pibbs but if the salon R Us works just as good will get this instead. Are you still enjoying your purchases? Anyone who has owned both how do they compare?

Last edited:
bumping....... this thread i am thinking about getting the pibbs but if the salon R Us works just as good will get this instead. Are you still enjoying your purchases? Anyone who has owned both how do they compare?

I have the LCL Beauty /SalonsRUs dryer. I've had it for a few months and I love it. I highly recommend it.

So the timer knob on my dryer broke. Since that is also the on button I was not very pleased.

But within a day lcl beauty replied to my email and within a week they sent me a new knob. I am still loving my dryer and Very happy with the customer service.

I bought my Pibbs 514 in 2009 and I was a bit hesitant to spend that much on a dryer, but the first time I used it I said worth the price.

The air flow is very strong so my hair dries pretty fast, but like another poster said Pibbs produces a warm breeze so it doesn't feel like the devil blowing on your ears and scalp!:burn: :burn::gotroasted::burning::burning::heated: LOL!

My comparison is between Pibbs and the Gold n' Hot table top kind of dryers so I don't know how Pibbs compares to other brands of standups, but I can say that if my Pibbs were to stop working for any reason I would not hesitate to buy another Pibbs to replace it. I love it that much.

ETA: How about the Pibbs ionic hair steamer? Any one see any deals on that. The cheapest I've seen it is a $999.00 so I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on that .....

Last edited:
I have the LCL dryer and LURVE it. My only complaint is the timer. I don't like the ticking sound. LOL!

Pibbs 514 owner here and I cannot imagine anything better. I bought mine Dec-2012 and have used it every week for roller sets since it was delivered. I love that my hair dries in 25-30 minutes and it looks great! I heard the timer noise on the LCL dryer on a YouTube video and that was an instant no go. The only CON for my Pibbs is the timer shut off sound, it's so loud it scares me but I remedy that by getting up just before the timer sounds. It sounds like you can't go wrong with either dryer so follow your wallet.

Back