Only White Women From Milwaukee Have Long Hair

EllePixie

Okay so this is a funny story...I was talking to my friend the other day, and he had never seen my natural hair. Surprisingly (yes, surprisingly, he is a black man and they are always a toss up), he said that he thought my hair was pretty and looked good. I told him that I was just getting started, and that I wanted my hair to be BSL curly, so it would probably be to my butt when it's straight. Boy, when I said that, this chile's eyes basically bugged out of his head.

He was like, "Why in the heck would you want hair that long?! That's too much, it'll look crazy. And women are always walking around with this long hair with ratty ends and it looks terrible. I don't think your hair should be any longer than a little below shoulder length [which I'm estimating is probably APL], you're at a great length now. Only white women from Milwaukee walk around with that much hair. You'll look like Troy Polamalu in the Head and Shoulders commercial!!"
:lachen:

Now...it was MY turn to look at him like he is crazy. I guess I have been warped by LHCF, because while yes, I would not consider my hair SUPER short (like, I no longer have a TWA), my hair is still short in my eyes. It's NL curly and a bit below SL straight.

So to all my ladies BSL and below - have you ever heard someone tell you that your hair is TOO long? Or ladies like me, who have long hair aspirations, anyone try to tell you that your goal is over reaching??

^^^^^^^
Uummm, why is this a bad thing?!?!? Obviously, he don't know how many women would give up an ovary for that head of hair.:lachen:

LOL that's what I told him! I was like what the heck, my hair is going to be awesome! And he told me it was too curly and thick to be long, that it would be too "big." I was like NO SUCH THING!!! :lachen:

My hubby doesn't care for my hair to be that long hair either:perplexed. I have told him I am going to grow it out to APL(APL???), and his face is like:perplexed. He really and seriously doesn't think long hair is for all black women. But hey, I do what i want.

ET: And this is coming from a man who grew up with sisters with long hair(APL-WL). He even thought it was too long for them:ohwell:.

Last edited:
I used to think that all men like long hair. But some really just don't care for it. My SO could give two fuggs about long hair. He thinks jet black hair is gorgeous though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Well hell he would think im out my mind cuz i want knee length hair.. just sayn...

My S/O told me that if i grow my hair to my waist, i think i gotta problem now with him keeping his hands to himself...... lol

the other day i went home to go see my dad and he was looking at my hair and suprisingly he noticed it got longer[most ppl dont notice my growth because ive always had long hair] and i told him i wanted to grow it down to my hip&he looked at me like :huh: and said that would be too long and the length im at suits me. And its weird that he said that because all of the women in his family have MBL-HL hair

^^^^^^^
Uummm, why is this a bad thing?!?!? Obviously, he don't know how many women would give up an ovary for that head of hair.:lachen:

I think Troy Polamalu has too much hair. I know - unpopular opinion for long hair care forum but ... I do.

I noticed that some men just don't like long hair. I met a woman who was growing out her shaved head and she told me her husband was mad at her for growing her hair out and it was only about 2 or 3 inches long. It is just a myth that all black men like long hair.

I noticed that some men just don't like long hair. I met a woman who was growing out her shaved head and she told me her husband was mad at her for growing her hair out and it was only about 2 or 3 inches long. It is just a myth that all black men like long hair.

Totally random but I love your location description...lol, I love Cali and I cowash daily.

When I was APL, I was told my hair was too long and a little below shoulder length is long enough. For them maybe, but not for me. :look:

LoL i cant think of anyone i know that doesn't like long hair (APL and longer) but i guess they'll come out of the woodworks when i reach WL :look:

LOL yea, I got weird friends...I think he was thinking of this:

l_9bf222111ad6af75f43654f3a3a24e5f.jpg

But bigger.

I think Troy Polamalu has too much hair. I know - unpopular opinion for long hair care forum but ... I do.

ITA although I would die for hair die for hair like that I don't like they way its styled
Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I bet if he saw you with long(er) hair and saw it styled nice and not just hanging and limp and life less he would eat his words.

Back