Online dating...which site to choose???

Which online site have you had success on?

• eHarmony

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Match.com

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Blacksingles.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BlackPeopleMeet.com

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • YahooPersonals.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please share)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charmtreese

I'm honestly thinking about online dating, but with anything I want to make sure I'm getting my monies worth.:look: If you are an online dater, which online dating site have you had the most success on????

I can't really say I had much luck on any of them. I know one girlfriend that met her husband on harmony. And I know another met her ex-husband on match.com. I've met men on yahoo personal, match.com, and blacksingles(I think that's what it was called) no success with none of them.

ive never tried paid dating sites. i've been on okcupid, plentyoffish, and a few others. those two was were i had success in meeting men tho. the last two men i dated was from okcupid. but if you go there you might wanna be ready to try an IRR bc there arent that many decent brothas on there.

my first and only LTR was from a guy i accidentally met on craigslist. go figure huh?

ive never tried paid dating sites. i've been on okcupid, plentyoffish, and a few others. those two was were i had success in meeting men tho. the last two men i dated was from okcupid. but if you go there you might wanna be ready to try an IRR bc there arent that many decent brothas on there.

my first and only LTR was from a guy i accidentally met on craigslist. go figure huh?

Whats IRR and LTR.

I joined Match.com yesterday for one month.

I'm trying chemistry.com right now. I haven't had much luck and it's been about 3 wks -1 month.

I think I might try OK Cupid and plentyoffish

oh and, IRR stands for InterRacial Relationship and LTR stands for Long Term Relationship

I've met a couple of good guys on Blackpeoplemeet, including my current SO. We've been dating for almost a year now.

I met my love on Craigslist. I have tried Yahoo personals, okcupid and plentyoffish. I have never tried a paid site and I met the strangest folks on plentyoffish and the nicest guys on Craigslist, go figure. I am still friends with 3 of them. I actually introduced one to his current girlfriend of 2 years.

I have tried match but i didn't have any luck with it. I never though i would pay money for something and still come up empty handed. I had a friend who tried plenty of fish and he is now married. So it kind of depends. I say try the free ones first as a trial and then go from there. I think i might give plenty of fish a try.

has anyone tried howboutwe.com? i am tempted to try it. they are offering a free month. i think it's only for NYC singles though....

so i tried posting an ad on CL. and i kept getting flagged!!! im so annoyed bc its not right. im guessing its from guys who i didnt respond to or who didnt meet my standards. guys are so petty! no wonder hardly any women post ads on CL.

i did get a ton of msgs tho. but no one i was really interested in. there was this one super hot latino. but he was 21 and worked at a supermarket and was in school studying to be an actor =/ had to let that go. i asked for 22+ and also through our exchange i saw he didnt read my post at all. just looked at the pix and msg'd me.

another one i was semi interested in was this beefy italian w. a real cute face. but he got all salty bc i kept posting my ad back on cL after it got flagged and removed. and he said he guesses hes not what im looking for. i got annoyed w. that bc i dont owe him anything. and i pointed out he's the one that keeps checking cL so maybe im not what he's looking for. anyway that prospect is gone now too :ohwell:

i asked for help at the cL help desk bc i thought maybe i was just gettin a big head thinking it was guys flagging me bc they were just mad they werent good enough. and maybe i really was getting flagged for a legitimate reason. and what help did i get? ppl calling me a gold digger b/c in my ad i said they needed to have a job to contact me :sad:

all in all cL was a bust. i think i couldve gotten greater success tho if i wasnt getting flagged and removed every hr by losers. oh well.. *shrugs* what can you do.

Last edited:
I met my SO on craigslist (I answered his ad, I was bored one night, lol), we just celebrated our second year together :drunk:

i'm surprised so many of us use CL for dating. it's never occurred to me to use it for anything outside of buying/selling

op, i used to be a blacksingles fan back in the day. met a couple of guys offline and had a few dates.

right now, i'm a fan of plenty of fish. it used to be better when you could IM but they took that feature away :sad: you can block certain users, though, and browse profiles without showing you visited

with POF you can also browse profiles before registering. most sites won't even let you see the goods before going through the ding-up process :down:

Last edited:
you might wanna be ready to try an IRR bc there arent that many decent brothas on there.

THIS is what I am interested in. Are there any sites dedicated to such? That way all is out in the open; i.e., he knows I'm Black and I know he's white, Arab, Hispanic, whatevuh.

Okay, so I purchased a one month membership on match.com. Let's see if I'll be renewing my membership after a month.

I also have a profile up on blackpeoplemeet.com. If it seems like it's worth my while, then I'll get a monthly membership too.

I had to delete my account at plentyoffish.com. Just didn't like what I saw.

I unexpectedly met the love of my life on blackpeoplemeet.com. After reading an article in Essence magazine about online dating my girlfriends dared me to create an online profile and keep it up for 30 days to see what would come of it just out of pure curiousity. I started im'ing my SO a few days before my subscription ended and the rest is history :) That was summer of 08' and we are still going strong, he is everything I could have ever wanted in a Man and soooo much more, I honestly have not been happier.

Back