One Year and Eight Months Update

RocksMiAfroPuff

One Year and Eight Months Update - Picture Thread

So i know it hasnt been a full two years yet...and technically ive always been natural since ive never permed or relaxed my hair. But i was a slave to the flat iron. In 2009 after i cut my hair shoulder length, i decided that i was not feelin the short hair and wanted to grow it back out to where it was before i cut it. So its been exactly a year and eight months since i've stopped flat ironing my hair and started caring for it completely natural. I posted some before and after pics of my length when i cut it to where is is now. I recently straightend it and trimmed it and i was excited to share my progress!! :yay:

So march was my two year mark!! Its been about four months since i posted this thread and my hair has changed allot. I was surprised how much thicker it seemed and longer it had gotten. I just had my ends trimmed and i wanted to come back and share the final update. Pics below :)

tumblr_m308s1LEaT1rnh0iuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m308qsrZtM1rnh0iuo1_1280.jpg

picsay-1335382051.jpg

Attachments

• 60459_1508061256417_1080872620_1412582_5203445_n.jpg
    60459_1508061256417_1080872620_1412582_5203445_n.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 460
  • n1080872620_343485_964140.jpg
    n1080872620_343485_964140.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 445
  • n1080872620_339504_2093164.jpg
    n1080872620_339504_2093164.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 457
  • IMAG2277-picsay.jpg
    IMAG2277-picsay.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMAG2299-picsay.jpg
    IMAG2299-picsay.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
Your hair and face are so beautiful ; I especially love that last picture. You made so much progress in such a short Space of time time , do you mind telling us your regimen.

WOW amazing! How did you help it to grow so full and fast. And even?
What methods and products did you use?

I apologize you guys. I haven't been on in awhile. But thank you so much for all the support and kind comments! :) I wish I had a regimen to share but I really don't stick to the one I set for myself. When I am sticking to it, I co wash my hair about two to three times a week usually with pantene or my cheapy V05 conditioner.

On the weekends I pre poo with a mixture of oils and deep condition with a moisturizing deep conditioner every week, and once a month I do a protein treatment with organic root simulators deep conditioning treatment. I usually add one egg to that and let it sit for a few hours or even overnight some days and wash it out in the morning.

I only detangle in the shower, and I usually add olive oil to my deep conditioner bottle. Sometimes my hair still feels a lil oily afterwards but I find that it keeps my hair moisturized for a long period of time after I put in my leave in conditioner so I continue to do it. After I wash out the deep conditioner I put some aloe vera liquid from aubrey organics on my scalp before I put in my leave in. After I put in the leave in I seal with coconut oil.

I layered my hair years ago so I don't trim my own edges, and I don't get them trimmed as often as I should. Sometimes I go upto six months without getting my ends trimmed. When I do, I go to my hair stylist and have her wash straighten and trim my hair. I just try and keep my hair protected as much as possible, but I usually end up wearing my hair out since I dont have much time to style it. I'm curious how much more my hair would grow if I wore more protective styles.

But thanks guys. I'll be back with my 2 yr mark update :). I hope I answered all your questions. If you have any more ill be happy to answer them.

Last edited:
CJ22 said:
WOW amazing! How did you help it to grow so full and fast. And even?
What methods and products did you use?

I listed my regimen above but to keep it even I just have it trimmed here and there. As far as it being full, I never considered my hair to be full. Before I started wearing my hair completely natural I was hot combing it nearly every day so it seemed allot more thin and weighed down from all the oil and products I was using in it. now that I dont use heat on my hair and only get it straightened once every 3 - 6 months it seems so much more thicker and fuller then it ever was before.

julissa1289 said:
Your hair and face are so beautiful ; I especially love that last picture. You made so much progress in such a short Space of time time , do you mind telling us your regimen.

Thank you ma'am. I listed the regimen I try my best to stick to lol. Nothin fancy.

Here is the aloe vera stuff I use from aubrey organics. I have to keep it refrigerated. My sister put me on it. Btw what does OP stand for? Lol I gotta keep up with you guys in here.

ForumRunner_20120215_080853.jpg

Nice progress!! OP - Original Post or Original Poster, depends on the context used.

I was eyeballing that Aloe Vera joint the other day but put it back. I think I might cop it. :yep:

Nice progress!! OP - Original Post or Original Poster, depends on the context used.

I was eyeballing that Aloe Vera joint the other day but put it back. I think I might cop it. :yep:

Thanks..i was lost haha. But yes try it, i really think it helped contribute to my growth along with my protein and moitsture treatments.

Back