One Year and Eight Months Update

Wow, that's some great progress, your hair is gorgeous!

Thanks you! I was so surprised in how fast it grew. But i never took good care of my hair like i do now so i dont think i gave it the opportunity to reach its full potential before. Thank you guys for your support! Yall keep me focused lol

Pretty! (You and your hair :)) What do you think contributed to your thickness? Is that your natural hair color?

flat iron reggie. and where'd u get that cute polk a dot top? please

Well i normally go get it straightend at the salon so i can have my ends trimmed being that i have layers. But i also do it myself and i have pretty much the same results. I just try not to put too much product in my hair before flat ironing. And i have to blow dry it out correctly using the brush and comb effect with the blow dryer. once i have it blown out i just part into small sections and coat each one with heat protectant. Works well for me :) And i believei got that top from Forever 21 some time ago.

Pretty! (You and your hair :)) What do you think contributed to your thickness? Is that your natural hair color?

Thank you NappyNelle :). I think because i have been eating so much healthier and really taking care of my self i have seen allot of difference in my hair, skin, and nails. I take daily vitamins and i juice daily. Not to mention all the extra time ive been putting into protective styling my hair and doing protein and moisture treatments. I feel like ive just been devoting more time to taking care of myself in general which has contributed allot to my thickness and growth. I was shocked to see the difference just within four months. As for my hair color..its not as dark as it is on the after pictures. Thats just the efects from the camera apps and the lighting when the picture was taken. the before pics are a good representation of my natural hair color. Its kind of a dull black lol..i would like to color it though. Im thinking about letting it get waist length and going platinum blond! O.o..but im scared!! :perplexed what yall think?

I think it would look great on you (blond), but of course do your research so that its well worth the outcome. Your hair is gorgeous too.

Im thinking about letting it get waist length and going platinum blond! O.o..but im scared!! :perplexed what yall think?
You hair is absoultely fabulous. Congrats! Something for us all to look forward to.

As far as platinum?! Uh.. I'd think within 4 months you'd be doing a BC. All that hard work would be gone!:nono: Maybe a few highlights around the bangs to see how your hair responds?

You hair is absoultely fabulous. Congrats! Something for us all to look forward to.

As far as platinum?! Uh.. I'd think within 4 months you'd be doing a BC. All that hard work would be gone!:nono: Maybe a few highlights around the bangs to see how your hair responds?

That is what im sooo deathly afraid of! Ive never in my LIFE put any type of chemicals in my hair. No perms, relaxer, highlights, dyes...nothing and everybody has always been so quick to tell me to do something different and to color it, put hightlights in it..how i need a change. And you know im not tryna make nobody happy but me so ive never done it, but now that im considering it, im still scared. I want to take some chances and try new looks, just not at the expense of all my hard work. Good advice though..thanks for your opnion!

Last edited:
RocksMiAfroPuff said:
That is what im sooo deathly afraid of! Ive never in my LIFE put any type of chemicals in my hair. No perms, relaxer, highlights, dyes...nothing and everybody has always been so quick to tell me to do something different and to color it, put hightlights in it..how i need a change. And you know im not tryna make nobody happy but me so ive never done it, but now that im considering it, im still scared. I want to take some chances and try new looks, just not at the expense of all my hard work. Good advice though..thanks for your opnion!

Why don't you by some clip ins or weave a few tracks of different color first take it slow lol

beautyintheyes said:
Why don't you by some clip ins or weave a few tracks of different color first take it slow lol

I could do that huh?? Thanks! Thats a great option I never considered. Lol I really was talkin bout goin from natural to blonde wasn't i? Smh

Back