On another note, would you expect a guy you're CASUALLY dating to take out on V-day?

Kiadodie

Just wondering. I have a casual friend...we see eachother maybe weekly but there are NO committments. I feel like if he DOESN"T take me out on V-day, I"ll be offended. On the other hand, should I expect anything in the first place??:ohwell:

Re: On another note, would you expect a guy you're CASUALLY dating to take out on V-d

Although 'technically' you shouldnt expect it, I think that the guy you see weekly should call or offer to take you out on V-day. If he ignores the day totally, I would take it as being cheap and inconsiderate... JMO

Re: On another note, would you expect a guy you're CASUALLY dating to take out on V-d

Well you have 18 days to bring it up and lock him in before he makes plans with someone else. I mean you do want to be with him on V day correct?

I would think it would be nice if you both have been casually seeing each other if he would...

this is my take on V-day. I'm not going to spend V-day with just a random guy, just someone that I hardly ever see or here from. If i have a choice i would rather spend it with someone at least that i find special to me. And since im not married or have a boyfriend. And if it was like what you are describing you see each other weekly casually then of course that person has grown to be more than just a random guy that you would go out with on a date.

I dont know what my approach would be, probably would be is to see if he was going to mention it to make sure we are on the same page and that i dont look like im expecting anything. I would maybe drop a hint or say something like 'Oh wow its already February January flew by fast what holidays are in February'(i know it may sound corny but thats what i could think of to slide it in)

I would think it would be nice if you both have been casually seeing each other if he would...

this is my take on V-day. I'm not going to spend V-day with just a random guy, just someone that I hardly ever see or here from. If i have a choice i would rather spend it with someone at least that i find special to me. And since im not married or have a boyfriend. And if it was like what you are describing you see each other weekly casually then of course that person has grown to be more than just a random guy that you would go out with on a date.

I dont know what my approach would be, probably would be is to see if he was going to mention it to make sure we are on the same page and that i dont look like im expecting anything. I would maybe drop a hint or say something like 'Oh wow its already February January flew by fast what holidays are in February'(i know it may sound corny but thats what i could think of to slide it in)

Yeah, I don't want to sound obvious about it, you know? I rather him mention it first.

Yeah, I don't want to sound obvious about it, you know? I rather him mention it first.

Kia you do know that woman control relationships. Now what if he's thinking the same thing. You'll be sitting at home on Vday...woulda coulda shoulaing all night. Just stop and check in with him. You two are actually seeing each other and you do enjoy his company. My mother and best girl friends send me gifts on Vday. You are not asking for a commitment, you just want a date on Thursday, February 14, 2008.

Just wondering. I have a casual friend...we see eachother maybe weekly but there are NO committments. I feel like if he DOESN"T take me out on V-day, I"ll be offended. On the other hand, should I expect anything in the first place??:ohwell:

Did he take you out on Valentines Day? My friend did not take me out. He did even bother to call me and say Happy Valentines Day after leading me on for months thinking that he really liked me and he wanted to pursue a relationship in the future. I even cooked that butthole dinner one night:wallbash:.

Hey Kia!

Gotta get back in touch with you... been working hard!

This was a good question to ask, and although it's after the fact, my advice would be not to ask him/mention a darn thing! Men know what's up and if they want to be with you on Valentine's Day, they'll bring it up without you mentioning a thing!

Looking back at past "situations," I've been in, Valentine's Day has been a good measurement to see how interested a man is or not. The ones who were truly interested made an effort to do something for me on that day, and the ones who weren't interested did nothing.

I've been seeing a guy casually as well and he e-mailed me to wish me a Happy V-Day and sent me a text that morning. That was nice, but he didn't mention doing anything that day.

I'm okay with that though because I don't know how interested I am in him, but his actions let me know that we definitely aren't in a relationship and are still "just friends."

So I need to act accordingly until it becomes something more or I decide that I'm cool with us just being 100% platonic friends.

Back