ON a regular basis, your hair looks like....

Does your hair look that good everyday?

• when I let my hair loose, yes it looks like that.

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Well, it takes some work/product/heat but yes

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • no my hair does not look like that unless I get in my bathroom for a few hours

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • other so I don't really care - bunning or other (explain)

Votes: 50 34.2%

• Total voters

sweetpuff

I really want to know because sometimes I get confused.

This is a poll for all.
I get up in the morning, take away my braids or loosen my pincurl and I end up putting everything in a ponytail, a bun or a phony pony because I find my hair too messy to let loose. Besides, we're in the summer, it's humid where I am and I don't want to lock myself up in my bathroom everyday to make it nice. I end up loving my messy ponytail and my not so perfect braidout (I,m practicing).

My question to you is:
on a regular basis, do your hair look like those awesomely glamorous you post in your avatar or siggy or are those pictures of your milestones or 'being cute once every blue moon'.
I ask this for me and for the newbies too.

Not me.....I'm bunning on a daily basis. Except for on occasional special event.....it's in a bun. :yawn:
(I know....boring.)

my hair looks like my avi 99.9% of the time. I do not leave the house with my hair unstyled. I don't bun and I don't do ponytails other than banana clips and even those are styled. I style my hair 2-3 times a week and maintain in between.

I have been wearing my hair like my avatar pic...but I am going to start alternating by wearing buns and ponytails.

my hair looks exactly like my pics/avi 99.7% of the time. Parted in middle straight down or parted in middle braidout
I never wear protective styles

I chose other, because I'm bunning and don't care. I'm just not a do my hair kinda gal. A bun is it for me most of the time!

My hair looks a lot like my avatar right now (chunky twist out). And most days this summer it looks like that or a more defined twist out. It does take a bit of work, so that's how I voted in the poll. If things don't work out, :look: I put it in a puff.

Always a cute, even TWA. With some form of adornment. When my hair was long before I BCed and when it is long again -I NEVER leave the house with unstyled hair, in sweats, or without make-up.

It's just too fun to be your own Barbie. :lachen:

Great thread! That used to always confuse me when lurking hair boards...

Your hair looks like that...but then your reggie is no heat?.....So how is your hair styled in your avi? How do you wear your hair everyday?

But then i came to the conclusion that alot of avies were blowouts/irons for show, and that most of the people wore their hair in protective styles or less glam besides for some of the rolleresetters and couple times a month ironers.

My hair is protective most of the time, when it gets to my goal hopefully it will be glam most of the time.

Since I've been working from home, my hair looks like a mess on a daily basis. A ponytail/bun with nappy edges. I just slap on my wig when I've got someplace to go. :look:

If i'm too lazy to attempt a twist set, my avatar is what I'm usually sporting. A WnG puff so I can get out of the house. Now for the winter time, I dunno what it'll be then.

Not lately. I am at/near a milestone length and it just looks a mess if I leave it out. I am between SL and APL and I am so tempted to either get a weave or a fly cut.

My hair looks exactly like my avvie and siggy pics on a daily basis!

Not that it's special or anything to brag about...

Last edited:
my hair looks like my avi 99.9% of the time. I do not leave the house with my hair unstyled. I don't bun and I don't do ponytails other than banana clips and even those are styled. I style my hair 2-3 times a week and maintain in between.

You better get it Amerikan :grin:!!! I like the idea of never leaving the house unstyled but my laziness gets the best of me sometimes!!!

OP: I keep my hair in buns or hairclips for work. I'm a military nurse so as much as I would like to floss my styles, it is not feasible. So day to day I would have to say buns or some sort of ponytail.

For the past 6 months I've been bunning .. I'm gettin' glam again in the fall though

Same here. I wear my hair in a ponytail every day. My natural hair reverts from straight to curly in 4.5 seconds in the summer time. The pic in my avatar was how I wore it for a week in July, but I had to do too much work to keep it like that - flatiron every day, wearing a bandana to work LOL (my son asked if I joined a gang), I paid $23 a day for parking on three occasions just cuz it rained... Way too much work in the summer!

my hair looks exactly like my aviator pic, conrows up with my phony pony slapped on and thats it! very very easy :yep:

A HOT MESS!!!

Nah i'm just playing..well alil' bit:look:

Thanks to the braidie styles fomr the NO Heat challenge,i'm doing better...but before that:ohwell:

Just pinned up at the back of my head

No i try to jazz it up a bit,cause i suck at rollersets

Nothing but ponytails until I get where I want to be...Just a couple more inches and I'll be happy...Ok maybe 3.

My hair looks like my avatar when I first take the rollers out. And I rolllerset almost all the time. By the end of the day, the weight of my hair drags the curls down into a looser curl (and I think prettier/more casual look). I pin curl at night except when I'm lazy, so in theory, until next wash day, my hair might look close to it (just not as glossy), but I mainly wear pony tails anyway.

Last edited:
since i'm natural it takes a lot of work to get my hair looking good enough to last a full day out-especially in this heat, so most monings I condish wash and pull back into a bun/pony.

ETA: although my avatar picture was a good day because it was cut in that style and wash/go/lil gel made it look that way with literally no effort.

Since posting here I do protective styles everyday. I may have missed two days (it's been about a month). It was kinda funny the day I did not protectively style I felt uncomfortable and anxious. :rolleyes:

The second time, umm, can I confess???

I went to my old job and the place were DD no. 3 currently works, well, er um, before entering the corridor I quickly took my hair down to see what would happen. You see, I used to wear bald fades back in the day. I got the expected response. Oh and one of the old biddies (whom I must have offended back in the day 'cause I remember when she stopped speaking to me); the old biddie glared as I shook my haiya all ova the place while Mo was admiring it. :lachen:

Hair in avi - Wash n Go. My hair looks like this alot but only in the summer.

Hair in siggy - Airdried and flat ironed. My hair looks like this maybe once a month.

I have to put more 'every day' shots in my fotki, but normally my hair is pinned up some kinda way with a side or center part.

My hair looks like my avatar 90% of the time (when I'm not at work). The other 10% is when I wear a protective style while at work.

my hair usually looks neat in a pony tail or up in a clip everyday when im not using heat.

like in my avatar, that is my hair flat ironed.... i aint had that look in a while.

Ok so I'm not alone!!! yay!!

keep the answers going, this is really nice!
Thanks for the start on the thread, I appreciate it:yep:

I'll step up the glam in the fall possibly with a sock bun and a phony pony to change.

Kudos tot he ladies who go out always on point.

Back