OMG! I've dreaded this moment...

LadyChe

No really. A DREAD in my hair.

I'm at week 11 post and last night I did a wash and air dry for a braidout. This morning, as I run my fingers through my hair to separate, there it was. A knot the size of a quarter right at the center of my head! I spent about a half hour trying to separate some of the strands so I won't have to cut so much. It's right at the line of demarcation too!

Waaaahhhh! LHCF Help Meeeeeeee!

That happened to my daughter. I sprayed UnBraid spray on the area, let it sit for a few seconds and gently with a small tooth comb, got it out. Can you make a run to the BSS to get some of this? This spray is amazing and just might to the trick.

u can always soak it with conditioner also...since u say its ''a dread''..soakin in conditioner is a way to loosen and remove dreads....let it sit with conditioner and work it loose gently

deedabug said:
u can always soak it with conditioner also...since u say its ''a dread''..soakin in conditioner is a way to loosen and remove dreads....let it sit with conditioner and work it loose gently

This is what I've done in the past when taking out braids and it really helps. It also helps if someone else helps you to loosen up the dread. Last time I had one, I got so frustrated and cut one off. My cousin helped me take out the others.:cool:

My hair dreads up very easily too, especially when I have lots of growth from having braids in.

when I did braidouts and rollersets on my hair when it had a lot of new growth, I would get dreaded hair too.
if you can, CAREFULLY separate the dread with your fingers.
if not, just wait until you wash again and make sure you detangle your hair THOROUGHLY when it's WET.
HTH!

Back