OMG! If You Haven't Already, BUY IT!!

secretdiamond

I'm talking about the DENMAN BRUSH!! :love: :notworthy :love:

I don't usually like to rave about products here since I don't post pics and people are more likely to take advice from those with pics, but, I had to tell all those people who have been putting it off to BUY IT!!

I am so ecstatic right now you just don't know. I've always had problems detangling. I kinda hated my hair for a while b/c it seemed like I was the only one with the extreme tangling and dreading issues. People would talk about how long they stretch and how long it takes for them to detangle & I honestly was jealous. I stopped stretching b/c of it. I'm only like 7 weeks post and my wash last week took about 1 hour to detangle and then another 45 min when I got out of the shower. And that was actually a huge improvement from months ago.

I got scared and knew that I didn't want to spend a week (yes a week) again detangling before my relaxer (in 2 weeks) so I thought I needed the k-cutter. I did research here and I kept seeing the DENMAN pop up everywhere. I always heard the raves years ago, but I thought there's no way I'm putting that brush to my head. Well, I was convinced now and bought the denman today. I quickly ran home and hopped in the shower.

Ya'll it took me FIVE MINUTES to fully detangle my hair!!!! :eek: I was in so much shock. My hair was so smooth and completely tangle free! Best of all, I had VERY VERY little shed hair. I always thought that I shed so much b/c I don't comb or the MTG, but now I see that I was just ripping my hair out before! I used to always be swimming in bath water by the time I was done washing from my hair clogging the drain. :lol: This time, there was hardly anything! :yay: And I had to do NO extra detangling after I got out of the shower. I always thought that my hair just liked dreading on itself b/c it would be tangled all over again after I washed, but now I know better! I actually thanked God out loud for this brush!

Anyway, let me stop rambling b/c I can go on for days, but I just wanted to say if you've been thinking about getting it, GET IT!! You won't be disappointed (I hope :look:). I'm mad I ignored the raves and didn't get it sooner. My life would have been soo much easier.

Thanks so much for this post...

I've had similar problems when washing my hair. Do tell, which Denman did u purchase?

eeeeekkkkk:eek: ok, ok, I'll buy one, I'll buy one!!!!11!!! LOL!:lol:

First of all you have to describe your hair type as they may not be suitible for everyone. I read that the have larger spaces in between the bristles than other brushes so that maybe the secret:cool: .

I've been using the Denman brush for 3-4 years. It worked great on my hair when I was natural. I would put conditioner in my hair and brush it slowly out with the brush. I had such beautiful waves and curls.

I am with you! Before my denman I hated detangling, it would take tooo long. I had never even paid attention to these brushes before the board, but I finally bought a D31 when it was on sale and soon went back to get the D83 as well. Now I don't use a comb outside of the shower unless I am parting my hair! Glad you joined the Denman fan club! :grin:

MzWill: I was scared of bristles on the D3 or D4 b/c they were so tight together so I looked for one with wider spaces in their catalogue and found the Denman D31 7-row Freeflow Volumising Hair Brush . It's perfect for me! It looks like this:

51NGC1RZDML._SS500_.gif

6d_1.JPG

But a lot of people here have loved the D3/D4 so you can buy the model you want based on preference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

love2alicia:
My hair type is 4B. HTH.

blue_flower: Yeah, I was skeptical to use it since I'm relaxed but it worked great. The brush detangled my newgrowth so well. I couldn't believe it.

MCrzyGr:
I bought the same model. And now I can't wait to have more newgrowth to detangle. LOL. And I never paid attention to them either. I've seen them around for the longest, but they didn't look "special" to me so they never caught my eye. Boy was I wrong. lol.

^^ I feel like it did. :yep: I used to use a wide toothed comb to detangle before and I still had some breakage. I just accepted it.

Oh but I forgot to add that I don't see myself using it when I'm out of the shower and esp. not when my hair is dry. For dry hair, I'll still use my bone combs.

The denman is my best friend! It gets all of the shedded hairs out and has reduced the amounts of single strand knots in my hair drastically :yep:

Disclaimer: I detangle FIRST wide my wide tooth and follow up with the Denamn. I cant straight out detangle with the brush only.

I agree . . . I love my Denman. I bought it years ago when I was natural and held onto it. Now that I'm natural again, it's great. It detangles well and massages the scalp. I've forgotten the model that I bought. It's all black (bristles and all). It cost $9.99 @ Sally's and it's worth it. I've had it for about 4 years now and it's still great.

I dont neccesarily have a problem when I get out of the shower so Im not sure if theres any point getting one although its already on my shopping basket in Amazon:lol:

Does anyone use it outside of detangling wet hair.
My hair is quite fine and I was thinking of the d31 as it has bigger spaces.

Ok, before I go rushing out to buy this...and trust me, this will be bought at Sally's before the weekend is out...How do you naturals use this to detangle? I HATE detangling and I don't feel that my K-cutter is doing the job. In addition, I feel like everytime I sue it, I am getting more breakage than I want to deal with. Help a sista out, please :perplexed .

My D4 is my hairs best friend:D
Though I only comb every 4 days I do use the denman to detangle faithfully. Lately though I've not got many shed hairs (maybe because its spring...dunno?)

-A

hmm...

R U LADIES SUUUUURE???

Its definately tempting because so many of you rave about it...but i dunno...this comb looks kinda lethal to me....

you use it in the shower when ur hair is soaked?
do u comb it at all first?

I bought the Denman D3 today from Sallys. It is on sale for $6.99.

I hear it makes curls and waves pop.......We shall see. Because my hair is still VERY short I don't have a problem detangling........yet;)

I have the D3. I've used it 3 times. For ME it pulls way too much hair out of my head. I detangle first with a wide tooth comb, then the D3, and it pulled all my shed hairs out and any hair that may be thinking about coming out in the next 2 months. :eek: The way that its made, the teeth grabs onto curls and pull more hair out than it should. I had to retire it. I'm glad it works for alot of people though.

LilMorenita said:
hmm...

R U LADIES SUUUUURE???

Its definately tempting because so many of you rave about it...but i dunno...this comb looks kinda lethal to me....

you use it in the shower when ur hair is soaked?
do u comb it at all first?

I detangle on damp hair always. I won't ever detangle dry, may hair dosen't like it. I always use a wide toothed comb first and then the D4. You can't just rip it through you hair even after using a WTC, you really have to (well SHOULD) take your time.

Some people though just don't have very good luck with these brushes, but some do.

-A

BrownSkin2 said:
I have the D3. I've used it 3 times. For ME it pulls way too much hair out of my head. I detangle first with a wide tooth comb, then the D3, and it pulled all my shed hairs out and any hair that may be thinking about coming out in the next 2 months. :eek: The way that its made, the teeth grabs onto curls and pull more hair out than it should. I had to retire it. I'm glad it works for alot of people though.

I totally see what you're saying. :yep: That's why I was so afraid to try it after all these years. I was expecting to see tons and tons of hair come out, but it was just the opposite, surprisingly.

The bolded is funny! :lol: I hope this never happens to me. I hope that the brush can still be as wonderful as the first time I used it. But if it ain't I'mma do like you and chuck it. LOL.

Arcadian said:
I detangle on damp hair always. I won't ever detangle dry, may hair dosen't like it. I always use a wide toothed comb first and then the D4. You can't just rip it through you hair even after using a WTC, you really have to (well SHOULD) take your time.

Some people though just don't have very good luck with these brushes, but some do.

-A

I agree with this. I didn't just swipe it thru my hair. I detangled the same way I usually do with a wide toothed comb-- slowly, yet thoroughly. It just allowed me to spend so much less time doing that.

Secret, thank you thank you thank you for this thread :kiss: !

Everything you posted sounds JUST like me. I was scared of the brush and I am forever having toubles with detangling. I was looking for a denman brush but the teeth on the other ones looked too small so I thought I was dead meat.:lol: Then I looked up the one you had and I decided to do a search first and found this post.

I am ordering mines TODAY. I cant wait to try it.:D

LocksOfLuV said:
Secret, thank you thank you thank you for this thread :kiss: !

Everything you posted sounds JUST like me. I was scared of the brush and I am forever having toubles with detangling. I was looking for a denman brush but the teeth on the other ones looked too small so I thought I was dead meat.:lol: Then I looked up the one you had and I decided to do a search first and found this post.

I am ordering mines TODAY. I cant wait to try it.:D

Yay! I REALLY hope you like it. Cause if you don't, I'll feel really bad. lol.

It's still on my list. I actually got a free one w/ some Nexxus products that works pretty darn well. :eek:

Back