OMG!!! I cant believe this is happening to me!!!

J Glazin

Last night I did a DC and I tried to rinse it out this morning. My hair was soooo tangled. I had knots every where. I couldnt believe how much of my hair came out. I was so hurt that I cried. :crying3: I am not sure if the braidout is the reason. My I know I have come across this before without the braid out. I do use a wide comb to come it while its wet. Have anyone gone down this lane? What did you do to solve the problem.

I need some serious advice before I go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advice

Others will come and chime in but i think i read on another post similar to yours where you may have over conditioned it if i was a protein conditioner and all you have to do is rewash and condition with a cheapee conditioner.

I'm sure other will chime in

I recently had a bad DC too...I used my normal stuff, but left it in overnight and it came out a tangled hot mess:nono: No more DC overnight for me. Maybe that's the culprit?

What type of conditioner did you use?

I second this question-- what's the name of the conditioner and is it mainly a protein or moisturizing conditioner?

The answers to these questions may help us give you some more specific advice.

I second this question-- what's the name of the conditioner and is it mainly a protein or moisturizing conditioner?

The answers to these questions may help us give you some more specific advice.

I don't think that I have ever had that experience, but when I DC overnight, I will use ONLY QP DPR-11 w/ honey and oil. This is a moisturzing conditioner, but I like to add the other stuff to increase the slippage, and it's great for the hair.

Last night I did a DC and I tried to rinse it out this morning. My hair was soooo tangled. I had knots every where. I couldnt believe how much of my hair came out. I was so hurt that I cried. :crying3: I am not sure if the braidout is the reason. My I know I have come across this before without the braid out. I do use a wide comb to come it while its wet. Have anyone gone down this lane? What did you do to solve the problem.

Thanks in advice
THis only happen to me if I used protein. I woud never use protein as a deep conditioner and sleep on it. No way, I had to chop a lot of hair because of the matting it was really bad. DPR11 has been perfect for overnight conditioning and I don't comb my hair and I use it dry.

I don't think that I have ever had that experience, but when I DC overnight, I will use ONLY QP DPR-11 w/ honey and oil. This is a moisturzing conditioner, but I like to add the other stuff to increase the slippage, and it's great for the hair.

yeah, i think because you use QP-DPR 11, which is moisturizing (and you soup it up with honey and oil, even more moisturizing) you wouldn't have the kinda problem like OP had. on the other hand, if i leave a protein conditioner in for too long, my hair will get matted and tangled

I don't deep condition overnight or baggy for precisely this reason. The tangling was ridiculous and it did nothing good for my ends but made them feel weak. I would take my time, make workable sections with my fingers, detangle with my fingers as much as possible and then try a wide tooth comb, followed by a smaller tooth comb if you want. If you used a protein overnight, I would use moisture , now and vice versa. Use your most detangling conditioner and leave in. HTH.

ETA I find that grapeseed or coconut oil is good to use for detangling.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone. I strongly believe it was the DC. I will never make that mistake twice. Last night I used a DC olive oil and I added olive oil, castor oil, and aloe vera. I really thought that it would of helped but I guess NOT!!! Does anyone know what is the best conditioner that I can use. I am planning on re-washing my hair tonight with shampoo.

I agree with everyone. I strongly believe it was the DC. I will never make that mistake twice. Last night I used a DC olive oil and I added olive oil, castor oil, and aloe vera. I really thought that it would of helped but I guess NOT!!! Does anyone know what is the best conditioner that I can use. I am planning on re-washing my hair tonight with shampoo.

my favorite moisturizing conditioner is kenra mc. one of my favorite detangling conditioners is roux porosity control (but doesn't provide moisture). i know you didn't ask this but as far as tangles: i would suggest you detangle your hair as much as possible before you wash again tonight. also, i'd suggest you use a detangling shampoo (i like cream of nature in the purple bottle and elsta qp shampoo for relaxed hair).

I don't deep condition overnight or baggy for precisely this reason. The tangling was ridiculous and it did nothing good for my ends but made them feel weak. I would take my time, make workable sections with my fingers, detangle with my fingers as much as possible and then try a wide tooth comb, followed by a smaller tooth comb if you want. If you used a protein overnight, I would use moisture , now and vice versa. Use your most detangling conditioner and leave in. HTH.

ETA I find that grapeseed or coconut oil is good to use for detangling.

OP: I am sorry that this happened to you :hug2:

I am in agreement with the others that it was the DC NOT the braid out.

I just want to second that COCONUT OIL is and EXCELLENT choice if you want to "condition" or prepoo over night. It REALLY helps detangle...

Last edited:
OP, you still did not say what you used to DC. What conditioner did you use?

My hair is tangly, but an overnight DC wouldn't cause it to tangle more than usual unless I used a protein conditioner

Hi
I know my message was a little crazy. :perplexed I noticed that I was unclear. I do apologize. I was going crazy because of my hair. :cry3::crying3:I HATE to see my hair fall out. I really go crazy. At that time I just need some answers. For the people who respond. You guys are the BEST. Thanks alot.:yay:

Ok this is what I did:
I used Organic Olive Oil DC. its in a green bottle. I mixed it with castor oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, and olive oil.

I applied it on my hair at night. So I can rinse it off in the morning. I thought that my hair would of been wonderful soft and manageable. BOY was I wrong. My hair came out a complete disaster.

I WILL NEVER NEVER EVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN!! :swearing:

I learned my lesson. The thing is I am new to Co-wash. So I thought I used the right product for it. But I was wrong. Well thats how you learn.

Hi
I know my message was a little crazy. :perplexed I noticed that I was unclear. I do apologize. I was going crazy because of my hair. :cry3::crying3:I HATE to see my hair fall out. I really go crazy. At that time I just need some answers. For the people who respond. You guys are the BEST. Thanks alot.:yay:

Ok this is what I did:
I used Organic Olive Oil DC. its in a green bottle. I mixed it with castor oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, and olive oil.

I applied it on my hair at night. So I can rinse it off in the morning. I thought that my hair would of been wonderful soft and manageable. BOY was I wrong. My hair came out a complete disaster.

I WILL NEVER NEVER EVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN!! :swearing:

I learned my lesson. The thing is I am new to Co-wash. So I thought I used the right product for it. But I was wrong. Well thats how you learn.

I could be very wrong here but I think the culprit was the aloe vera and possibly the castor oil. From my observations, aloe and castor DO NOT mix will with conditioners. Causes clumps and hardness. If you want the benefits of these items, try them without the BSS product. I mix aloe vera with coconut ALLLLL of the time and DC overnight. Never a dry mess or tangles.

Thanks in advice

I got a weave so I wouldnt have to worry about tangling.

There was no hope for me.

just keep you hair streched as much as possible.

I could be very wrong here but I think the culprit was the aloe vera and possibly the castor oil. From my observations, aloe and castor DO NOT mix will with conditioners. Causes clumps and hardness. If you want the benefits of these items, try them without the BSS product. I mix aloe vera with coconut ALLLLL of the time and DC overnight. Never a dry mess or tangles.

That is sooo interesting. I never heard that before aloe vera and castor oil. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a good mix

Can I ask if you wore your hair loose in the baggie overnight? I had a terrible tangle episode when I just baggied loose hair and slept on it. I have to either pin it up, braid it, or bun it when its wet and baggied overnight. :ohwell:

Tresemme Anti-Breakage Conditioner is good for detangling. Or Creme of Nature Nourishing conditioner (purple & white bottle).

Back