OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE!

I just bought this gel for my twists and twist outs thanks to this thread and I do love it! The price, the quantity, and the hold is PERFECT in my book. Thanks ladies.:grin:

Re: OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE ISH!

Lemme tell ya, this is the ONLY gel that works for me. Best $2 bucks I ever spent. I buy a huge container for like $6 bucks and it lasts me half a year.
This is by far my favorite gel! It has th hold of brown gel, without the drying out, and it has the muscle all the other gels are missing, and it's affordable! I love this gel!

This gel is da bidness!!!

I wishaaaaaaaaaaaa I woulda been hip to this before I bought another hair gel.

I have found my gel. *waves hand praise style*

Thank you to my LHCF cuzins that recommended!!

I just had to come back to praise this stuff again. Yes it is THAT good! I'm SO MAD at myself for assuming it would be crap on my hair. This is sooo much better than Fantasia IC AND KCCC in my opinion! My hair has the definition but it is SOFT!!! That's the part that amazes me...I haven't been able to achieve great definition with out sacrificing somewhat of the softness. This is like new hair to me lol. This time I used the generic version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner under it (I think I saw that someone used this under the gel) and my results are awesome! (and it dried faster than when I left the Lustrasilk Shea Conditioner under it).

I don't know the long term effects of using this gel since the third ingredient is wheat protein which concerns me a little, so I definitley will be monitoring the "condition" of my hair...but I am EXTREMELY happy with the final styling results of this gel!

I just had to come back to praise this stuff again. Yes it is THAT good! I'm SO MAD at myself for assuming it would be crap on my hair. This is sooo much better than Fantasia IC AND KCCC in my opinion! My hair has the definition but it is SOFT!!! That's the part that amazes me...I haven't been able to achieve great definition with out sacrificing somewhat of the softness. This is like new hair to me lol. This time I used the generic version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner under it (I think I saw that someone used this under the gel) and my results are awesome! (and it dried faster than when I left the Lustrasilk Shea Conditioner under it).

I don't know the long term effects of using this gel since the third ingredient is wheat protein which concerns me a little, so I definitley will be monitoring the "condition" of my hair...but I am EXTREMELY happy with the final styling results of this gel!

I have been using it since last summer and I haven't seen any side effects at all. I even get great 2nd day hair with Ecostyler gel. I try not to leave gel in my hair overnight though. You can't beat the price and I agree with you, it works better on my hair than KCCC.

It's great stuff isn't it. The first time I used it I was like Fantasia IC who?, lol. I seriously wasn't expecting to be wow'd by it like I was.....I was like it's just gel:ohwell:.

I have the same fears about the protein. That's the one thing that's held me back from using this more often. I don't want to overdo it. I'm just hoping that by layering conditioner under it is creating some sort of "barrier" you know.

I use this for buns, never tried it for wash n go's, I use the clear one. In addition to my leave in, I put castor oil in the tub of gel to combat the hardness. I like this better than IC for buns.

I found out the other day that it doesn't mix well with DevaOne Conditioner and avocado butter. I had nasty white flakes all over my hair LOL

But I apply Suave conditioner, jojoba oil and the Ecostyler and my curls POP

Y'all never get CRUNCHINESS?
Y'all never get white balls if using a creamy conditioner or moisturizer underneath?

What oil will soften it while not causing white balls? I LOVE the way my hair LOOKED when I used it but LAWDDD it was crispy as could be. Only used it once because of that.

Totally OT: I noticed the title of this thread changed...we're not allowed to say "ish"? How old are we? I can understand why people would be opposed to full on curse words, but "ish"? Come on.

Back on topic so it doesn't just seem like I'm complaining: I do not need to be in this thread. I haven't bought anything for my hair yet this month and I plan on keeping it that way :whip:

Y'all never get CRUNCHINESS?
Y'all never get white balls if using a creamy conditioner or moisturizer underneath?

What oil will soften it while not causing white balls? I LOVE the way my hair LOOKED when I used it but LAWDDD it was crispy as could be. Only used it once because of that.

The first time I used it I used too much and did get crunchy hair and white balls (due to the Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in). I figure out that the Neutrogena and the gel did not mix :nono:. The leave in was too creamy and I need something lighter. The second time around I used less gel and used Giovanni Direct Leave in and I had perfect twists and twist out. I hope this helps. :)

Anyone tried Hairveda cocasta oil under/over it? What about coconut oil? Wondering if the little white bits in the coconut oil will end up as white balls when mixed with the gel...I'ma have to patch test a small piece of hair tonight after rinsing out my henna.

I tried the black super protein ecostyler gel and it was amazing. I used Elucence MB and Jessicurl WDT under it. I did use lots of gel, but it did not flake or cause any white balls at all. I am transitioning and have some parts of my hair that are stick straight and 3inches of natural hair. The gel made each part so defined...of course my natural hair holds shape much better, so it is more defined. However, before using ecostyler, the straight ends would just fall flat after untwisting. My hair is also still very soft with this gel. It gets an "A" in my book...now let's hope they don't discontinue it or change the formula :nono:

Anyone tried Hairveda cocasta oil under/over it? What about coconut oil? Wondering if the little white bits in the coconut oil will end up as white balls when mixed with the gel...I'ma have to patch test a small piece of hair tonight after rinsing out my henna.

Sometimes my black Ecostyler doesn't mix well with Hairveda's Whipped Cream. Might be because of the bees wax. It also gives me nasty white flakes that look like dandruff :ohwell: w/DevaCurl One Conditioner, but with any other conditioner it works great. Oh and yes I've mixed it with castor oil and other oils and it worked fantastic.

I love this stuff! I saw this in a Youtube video (probably the same one as the OP) and bought it to use in my daughter's hair. It doesn't flake, harden, but it holds. Just how I like it! I purchased the clear one.

I normally use it to slick back my hair. After seeing this thread (thanks op) I decided to try it on a patch of hair- amazing! Better than Miss Jessies and everything else I have used for curl definition including IC Fantasia gel, Aveda, Curls, Beyond the Zone Noodle head, Tigi bed head and others I can't remember the names of! I took some pics but my camera is crap so it is not worth posting. I am going to try and do my whole head and try and take it in broad daylight. I went from almost no visible curls with no product to every single hair clumping and defined into curls- Amazing and cheap- who knew? Thanks OP

^^^^Your welcome!

I made a mixture of this for my husband and my girls. And he loves it.

I mix the Ecostyle (the new olive oil version) with a little Hawaiian Silky, a little Kids organic shea butter detangling hair lotion (mainly for it's detangling properties) and a little bit of different oils.

Last edited:
^^^^Your welcome!

I made a mixture of this for my husband and my girls. And he loves it.

I mix the Ecostyle (the new olive oil version) with a little Hawaiian Silky, a little Kids organic shea butter detangling hair lotion (mainly for it's detangling properties) and a little bit of different oils.

thanks for sharing this, too! I will try this mix for my dh/ds.

^^^Yep, I am definitely going to try out some of her styles. (did I already post that the mixing thing didn't work for me? clumps galore)

I am using eco styler clear and it is the best gel ever! I guess they changed the package but not the formula. It gives me great shine just like I remember from high school!

Bumping, just in case someone else needs it. :yep:

I saw some in the store today and wasn't sure which to get.

Back