OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE!

Re: OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE ISH!

I just bought some about 15 minutes ago. I'm going to try a wash n' go with it next week. I hope I have great results.

Saw a YouTuber using the brown gel. I went to SALLYS $2.99 for a 32 ounce size..only the clear KRYSTAL left-good enough; it's made for my silver strands. I used it on one twist to see the effect. Good result because it gave the twist some hang. I already had some NEXXUS leave in on my hair so no hardness.

interesting. i think i may get this. I already own 3 gels. giovanni, garnier wet shine gel, and qhemet's gel

Please post the video with the girl making the conditioning gel! I would really like to try it.

I just bought the Eco Styler gel in the blue container and I love how thick it is but it makes my hair hard. Back in the day I used to use the clear Eco Styler but back then this one had the softest hold now it has level 10 hold. I don't know how this is working for you ladies when the level 5 blue hold makes my hair so hard.

Giovanni gel also makes my hair really hard, but IC never has because of all the glycerin.

Thanks for the post. I have used the Ecostyler cholesterol with great results.

Love that stuff!
I use it to smooth down my edges when wearing a bun, get them waves rollin'.
I is also great for a was-n-go; gets the curls popping.

I mush rather use that then KCCC, I don't see it doing any damage to my hair and it is very kind to my wallet.

Ohh bookmarking...I'm in the market for a good gel for use at a future date/length :giggle:

whohoo!...i bought this. I got the very last clear one in my local drugstore. Cant wait to try it out. Smells nice too

I have been using Paul Micthell's the Conditioner as a leave-in prior to applying the eco styling gel, sometime I 'll put a a small dab of coconut oil on top of the leave- in and then apply the gel, it leaves my hair softer. What ever leave-in you want to use will work with this type of hair gel because the hold is fantastic.
I bought the pink one since no one ever clarified which color they were using, and I too use the PM leave-in (ok the GVP knockoff of it :look:). HATED IT. My hair was hard and limp despite the leave-in. I like my Lily of the Desert AV Gelly more.

I have tried many gels and thought IC was the only gel for me until I tried Ecostyler. Why did I wait so long. :wallbash:

Ecostyler held my edges for a day, but by the time I got home it looked like I had dandruff. Flakes glalore!! My edges were also frizzy in the morning. This was on pressed hair, maybe it is best on wet sets or curly hair. At least my hair wasn't hard like Fantasia IC, though I used to love it on my buns before the conditioner leave-in method.

I love Ecostyler gel the clear one! It pops my curls and ends up being soft. It also gives great shine. Plan on using it to do a roller set one of these days.

Sally has that HUGE tub on sale for $2.99... got one today BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD. Lawd help me.

$2.99 for like 40 lb of gel? lol

Ladies, i think i posted this before but for those who are having problems with stiffnes or dryness you have to layer a leave-in or moisturizer underneath. This is very important if u dont want crunchy hair.

I used this gel to slick back my hair when transitioning. I agree...it's the best. My hair actually feels stronger when I use it over time. Although Fantasaia IC is a great hair gel, it has the tendency to be very drying

I got some yday from Sally's (2.99 for the huge thing) and used it for the first time today. I FREAKING LOVE IT. And I am the gel QUEEN. I have 400 diff gels.. I didnt think I'd like it better than my Smooth n Shine Curl Activator Gel but I TOTALLY do. I made sure to apply alot of PM The Conditioner plus KBB Hair Nectar underneath AND some Fantasia Frizz Buster serum underneath too. I wonder if adding some serum ONTOP will be a good thing also to combat hardness?

The hold and definition are AWESOME. I will NEVAAAAAAH buy Curly Pudding again (not that I have since forever anyway).

im excited about this gel too! I used it for the first time this week & i love it. I mixed it with moisturizer cuz alone it made my hair slightly dry. But the hold is unbelievable. I was able to do a wash and go with my relaxed hair. I never get to do that since im bone straight and there's hardly a wave pattern left when i airdry. but with this gel im able to scrunch my hair and it will hold the scrunch pattern in place. I couldnt believe it. It lasted all day. This is a major keeper

I tried using a moisturizer under and over this and I still got incredibly crunchy hair even though the blue is supposed to be softer. I will try the clear one because it used to work for me before they reformulated/repackaged. Ecostyler is definitely nice and thick so I can always use it for my edges.

It is really interesting to me the differences between the experiences with Ecostyler and Fantasia. IC is so moisturizing for me that it doesn't even fully dry in this really humid climate if I use too much. Ecostyler was so dry and crispy no matter how much moisture I used over and under it that I can't understand how it works for others. Seems like some people are experiencing the exact opposite. What could cause this?

Last edited:
I love the ECO brown gel .. never dries hard .. and nothing lays my wild edges like it ..... one of my coworkers made fun of me and told me it was the old school gel lol .. she used some and loved it .. old school is best sometimes ! :grin: I bought the 50 pd (lol)jar for 4 bucks like a year ago .. still got half left !

I dont know... cuz right now while I am LOVING how my hair is looking (and gettin compliments from folk in the street), it is CRISPYYYYYYY. I know I am heavy handed though...

I got some yday from Sally's (2.99 for the huge thing) and used it for the first time today. I FREAKING LOVE IT. And I am the gel QUEEN. I have 400 diff gels.. I didnt think I'd like it better than my Smooth n Shine Curl Activator Gel but I TOTALLY do. I made sure to apply alot of PM The Conditioner plus KBB Hair Nectar underneath AND some Fantasia Frizz Buster serum underneath too. I wonder if adding some serum ONTOP will be a good thing also to combat hardness?

The hold and definition are AWESOME. I will NEVAAAAAAH buy Curly Pudding again (not that I have since forever anyway).
That's great that you got good results. I don't know about a serum but I just put some oil over top after my hair dries and it softens up any firmness that I may have but my hair is usually not crunchy hard when I use this gel because I put tons of leave-in under it and I try really hard not to be heavy handed with it.

I tried using a moisturizer under and over this and I still got incredibly crunchy hair even though the blue is supposed to be softer. I will try the clear one because it used to work for me before they reformulated/repackaged. Ecostyler is definitely nice and thick so I can always use it for my edges.

It is really interesting to me the differences between the experiences with Ecostyler and Fantasia. IC is so moisturizing for me that it doesn't even fully dry in this really humid climate if I use too much. Ecostyler was so dry and crispy no matter how much moisture I used over and under it that I can't understand how it works for others. Seems like some people are experiencing the exact opposite. What could cause this?
It could be the application. I don't know if you applied it heavy or not but in my experience this gel is nothing like Fantasia....you can't apply gobs of it like the Fantasia and it still dry pretty soft. This gel has more hold to it than fantasia so you have to apply it with a light hand.

Once I applied it straight to my edges (nothing underneath) and my edges were rock hard for days! Lol, I didn't think I would get the comb through it. I make sure to put something under it now and no problems. My edges have good hold but not hard. It's the best for slicking those edges! They stay in place all day unlike the IC.

THE BOMB!!! I don't know what took me so long to try this? I think I tried the pink one a loooong time ago but didn't play much with it. I picked up a small tub from the Duane Reade for $1.99 of the clear and tried it last night over the Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol and LOVED the final results! It dried very soft! My only negative was it seemed to take longer to dry than when I use Fantasia IC, but in the end, soft defined curls and less shrinkage prevailed!

Good looking out ladies ;)

I like this gel....i havent used gel to style my wash n' go's in over a year...but the longer my hair gets the one moisturizer/styler just wont do, my hair is bigger than my body with no product. I've been doing twist-n-curls as a protective style, but when I haven't felt like twisting it I have resorted to wash n' go. So after reading this thread, I went out and bought it and have been using it for almost 2 weeks. I really like the results. I use KBB Hair Milk underneath it. I apply it in section and smooth from root to ends, NOT raking my fingers through or shingling because my hair looks all stringy and i HATE that. So i smooth, and I get nice defined curls--this gel encourages clumping :grin:. ALSO, Ive been applying/styling in the shower which I think helps A LOT! After I apply the KBB and the gel, I do a final quick rinse under cold water. I'm loving this combo. But not gonna get too comfortable with the wash n' go's cause the knots and tangles and splits will return with a vengeance lol

Ive been wanting to try KCCC (kinky-curly curling custard) but if I get the same results for 10 times cheaper--then why?...well i just remembered KCCC is all natural, so maybe Ill still try it...

Last edited:
Back