OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have tried all types of gels...IC gel, aloe vera gel...let's jam, etc. I saw a video about a girl making a conditioner gel in which she washes n go with. She mentioned how much she loved ecostyler gel. They had it at CVS so I decided to try it. I used it to refresh my flat twists and the first thing I noticed was how good it smelled!:lick: I am ditching IC gel which makes my hair dry and helmet like.:rolleyes: I'm going to try a wash n go with it once I take out my flat twists. I'm enjoying my natural hair for the first time. I am learning that I can be a natural with healthy and soft hair. I'm learning so much here, you tube, and NP! I have been natural now for almost 4 and a half months. I have been relaxer free for 10 months...something I thought I could never do! Next Friday I will be 5 months post BC. Slowly but surely I'm learning new things as a natural and I hope I can inspire someone along the way!

Last edited:
Re: OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE ISH!

I'll have to try it. I decided to start going to the gym and I was looking for a conditioning gel for a wash n'go style. Thank you girl.

I've seen this gel by the gallon at BSS and never thought about buying because it was so cheap. You may have just put me on to something. Thanks!

I've used it for twists and I like it. I usually get the clear/ice version.

I brought the eco styler krystal gel. It smells so delicious!:lick: The good thing...no alcohol, no flakes, no tack, and it can be used with heat!:yep: I'm taking out my flat twists to test my wash n go. I'll report back tomorrow with my results!

Lemme tell ya, this is the ONLY gel that works for me. Best $2 bucks I ever spent. I buy a huge container for like $6 bucks and it lasts me half a year.

werd?? when i did the condish only leave in thing i used the ic and boy oh boy was my head snowing like christmas! i was like wtf?!?! so ecostyler doesn't flake...might have to try that...

I agree, Ecostyler is the bomb! I have it posted in my fotki. Kittykat from youtube turned me on to it.

A tip she gave me was to make sure to have something under it like your leave-in or moisturizer....otherwise it may be to hard or flake.

This stuff gives me the best curls and lays down those edges like nobody's business! I don't have to worry about my edges all day. Even if I fall asleep those bad boy's are still in place! To me it's so much better than Fantasia IC.

My hair with ecostyler.... http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/texture-pics/039.html

werd?? when i did the condish only leave in thing i used the ic and boy oh boy was my head snowing like christmas! i was like wtf?!?! so ecostyler doesn't flake...might have to try that...
Make sure to layer something moisturizing under it. I never have a problem with it flaking this way.

Tried my wash n go and aw heck yeah, it blows IC gel to the dust!:yay::notworthy I will be able to have nice defined curls all day! It even beat KCCC definition!:yep: Can someone recommend a good leave in to use underneath? I used my JFM detangler instead. It gave me massive curl def but it dried kind of funny. It was still soft, unlike IC gel. I spend $1.50 to get this gel. I will never run out! No more $ for expensive gels!:grin: Super happy and super satisfied! I even used it to curl my hair strait wit a curling iron. I just put a dab on the section, detangled it, and curled my hair! I did it on dry hair. I have tossed out my IC gel forever! Ecostyler gel is awesome! Now I can get a strait style without too much fuss!

Last edited:

That's weird cus IC gel always dries up soft for me, and no flakes. But I'm an equal opportunist, lol, I use the Giovanni gel as well and I just bought the ecostyler the other day. I bought the one in the pink jar but I honestly couldn't figure out which one to get. Giovanni is my favorite by far, but ecostyler is nice, I'm just going to keep using them all, lol.

My hair is now cheek level! YAY! Shinkage is evil! LOL. My natural hair is growing super fast!:drunk:

I have been using Paul Micthell's the Conditioner as a leave-in prior to applying the eco styling gel, sometime I 'll put a a small dab of coconut oil on top of the leave- in and then apply the gel, it leaves my hair softer. What ever leave-in you want to use will work with this type of hair gel because the hold is fantastic.

So, which one to get? Pink or clear. Since I'm stretching, this may me ideal for my braidouts.

Thanks for this info. I may have to try this someday. I used to use the pink ecostyler 5+ years ago when I was relaxed/texlaxed for my updos. I'll have to try it again. I heard that the brown kind is good, also, but I'm still a little weary about brown gel...

Tried my wash n go and aw heck yeah, it blows IC gel to the dust!:yay::notworthy I will be able to have nice defined curls all day! It even beat KCCC definition!:yep: Can someone recommend a good leave in to use underneath? I used my JFM detangler instead. It gave me massive curl def but it dried kind of funny. It was still soft, unlike IC gel. I spend $1.50 to get this gel. I will never run out! No more $ for expensive gels!:grin: Super happy and super satisfied! I even used it to curl my hair strait wit a curling iron. I just put a dab on the section, detangled it, and curled my hair! I did it on dry hair. I have tossed out my IC gel forever! Ecostyler gel is awesome! Now I can get a strait style without too much fuss!

Do you have pictures of the results?

I'm going to post a fotki update, soon. I've been doing so many things with my natural hair and I can't keep up with my progress! Tonight I used eco styler gel to straiten my hair. It worked awesome! I really do have to get my fotki updated.:rolleyes:

I started using pink Eco after a tip from curltalk about 5 years ago. Since I have tried the clear one and like it too. It seems like it is getting harder to locate.

going to try this because I love my IC but I am willing to try something that doesn't make my hair so hard.

Back