Omega 3 Fatty Acid

pbuckley

I just read the following in one of my baby magazines and being that I am in my third trimester (YEAHHHH!!) I am going to take this supplement. I was wondering what benefits will it provide my hair?

DHA, also called omega 3 fatty acid, is found in concentrated amounts in oily fish and, in lesser amounts, in other foods, such as walnuts and linseeds. Including DHA in your diet is essential for your baby's normal brain, eye and vision development, especially during the last trimester.

I've heard that it provides oils from within, so you end up with softer, more moisturized hair from the beginning. It's also great for heart health.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I get my Omega's in the form of flax oil capsules & ground flax. I got my friend to take the capsules and she report longer stronger hair. I think I can attest to that also. It the only supplement I've been able take on a consistent basis. I put ground flax on almost everything I eat and take a capsule or two with every meal.

It's best to eat something with the omega's in them or have the oil, rather than take the capsules because the capsules don't contain much to be beneficial for most people.....that's what I read anway. I think you'd have to take something like 12 or 13 capsules a day. I've taken the capsules before and it had no affect on my hair at all.

Flaxseed oil is some nasty stuff IMO. I tried taking it before and could not take it. yuck!!! I must find another way to get the benefits. I've never had the seeds.

I take fish oil pills because I can't stomach seafood, but I don't know if they does anything for my hair. I take biotin too, and I know that made a difference in my hair growth rate.

i take one tablespoon of flax/borage oil (the omega twin formula by Barleans) and blend it with a smoothie every morning... mixes very well...

Back