Okay, Where's My New Growth?

Chichi

Okay, Where\'s My New Growth?

Just when I decided to start transitioning... I can't find any new growth anywhere... I am four weeks post relaxer and I know that there is always a huge bumper crop of new growth right before touchups, so where is it now? The funny thing is, I know that my hair is growing. I have seen a definite increase since a month ago. I am also taking vitamins and not doing anything differently. Maybe it is growing inwards
nuts.gif

Ladies, how long after a relaxer before you see new growth?

Chichi
bdance.gif

Re: Okay, Where\'s My New Growth?

Sometimes a couple of weeks before I notice anything significant unless I am in braids then I notice after about 3 days.

Maybe you are doing such a good job with your hair & the new growth is really silky and moisturized and hardly noticeable at this point. As it grows out, it will be more detectable.

Thanks DSD, I wonder why it is taking me a month so far...
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
As it grows out, it will be more detectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks SG. I sure hope so... I am a good candidate for hand-in-fro disease
laugh.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

It takes my hair at least 3 months before the new growth begins to curl up and look different from the straight ends... I also agree with Supergirl. When I comb my hair back in a bun with leave in conditioner before I go to bed at night my new growth straightens out to match my ends even at 6 months... Just keep up what you are doing. HTH..

That makes a lot of sense since I have been wearing buns 90% of the time.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Are you taking MSM? That could do it.

The new growth usually just shows up around week three post relaxer, and it's like a little less than an inch long, I'm always wondering how I didn't see it before.

The funny thing is I'm on week three now but I can barely see the newgrowth, but I'm on MSM now and I've noticed a difference.

I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm 3 weeks post relaxer and I don't see it. I agree with Lulu, maybe it's the MSM. I've been taking the Trimedica (powdered form) for a couple of weeks now.

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
Are you taking MSM? That could do it.

The new growth usually just shows up around week three post relaxer, and it's like a little less than an inch long, I'm always wondering how I didn't see it before.

The funny thing is I'm on week three now but I can barely see the newgrowth, but I'm on MSM now and I've noticed a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am taking MSM. That is probably what it is. Thanks Lulu
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
It always used to take me more than a month to "detect" new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you're lucky. I see new growth after 2 weeks. Sucks to be me

Chichi here (again
wallbash.gif
) patiently waiting and pulling out a good read
bookworm.gif
as she waits for her crop of new growth to come in... ho hum...

Almost 7 weeks post relaxer and not feeling the new growth (though I have felt some wavy hair at the back of my head). Is this normal?
nuts.gif

But watch, I will be the first one on this board complaining when the new growth does come in and I am having difficulty managing the two textures
laugh.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Are you sure that the new growth has come in straighter than in the pass. This same thing has happened to me. You are probably keep the new growth so well moisterized that it is just laying smooth on your head. It could also be the vitamins. In four weeks you should definitely have new growth.

Back