Okay - Is it me or does the ORS Replenishing make your hair feel "coated"

sqzbly1908

Hey Friends -

Long story short...I washed and conditioned my hair with ORS this past Friday (left in about 30 minutes w/heat) and it was everything that everyone has raved about...hair felt great, no detangling issues, etc. I rollerset my hair lovin' how silky soft it felt and when it was time to take to make my rollers out .....ummmm - YUCK!!! My hair had weight -like it had been greased but not a greasy feel but heavy but not in a "good" way (I have fine hair so weight is a good thing..lol)

I washed my hair again last night - and I still have that coated feeling today...I will wash my hair with a clarifying poo either tonight or in the morning...just kinda hate that it didn't work out for me...I may use it as a mid-step treatment when I relax since I will be neutralizing the heck out of my hair...

Also - I bought the pak but I only used 1/4 (if that much) because it was so rich

Just Curious....

Last edited:
Oh No!!!!
That's never happened to me but i'm sorry it happened to you.
Curious to hear others' experiences too...

That's how the ORS Replenishing Conditioner (pak/bottle) makes my natural hair feel. It actually did well on my relaxed hair, but my natural hair doesn't like it, mainly because of the cones in it.

That's how the ORS Replenishing Conditioner (pak/bottle) makes my natural hair feel. It actually did well on my relaxed hair, but my natural hair doesn't like it, mainly because of the cones in it.

Hmmm..that is a good point about the "cones" ...I never had a problem with cones before - this could be it...I think I read that they changed the formula in bottle or paks ...something like that

That ORS pack has been nothing but terrible for me, It gave me terrible buildup and made my hair feel hard and coated
I used it like 4 or 5 times too to no avail
Oh well
I want to try it again but I'm scared

Nope, it's not just you. Ever since they changed that blasted formula, it has been disgusting. I can't stand the newer formula. It feels like icky sticky waxy like build-up is left on my strands as SOON as I rinse the condish out. It doesn't even take weeks to build up. I feel it immediately. If you can't find the old formula anywhere, you should probably send the ORS to the product graveyard.

Nope, it's not just you. Ever since they changed that blasted formula, it has been disgusting. I can't stand the newer formula. It feels like icky sticky waxy like build-up is left on my strands as SOON as I rinse the condish out. It doesn't even take weeks to build up. I feel it immediately. If you can't find the old formula anywhere, you should probably send the ORS to the product graveyard.

I couldn't have said it betta'!!!:lachen::lachen: I am glad I just bought a packet

Ya'll trippin! ORS is the bomb-diggity!!!

lol no, different strokes for different folks. I happen to :love: cones

you can send ur unused packets to me! :grin:

OP, you probally purchased the new reformulated version. Its a few thread on how they changed their formula. I bought the new one by accident and could not throw it far enough out my sight, cause it was horrible. However if you can get your hand on the old formula, I promise you, you will not be dissapointed. Let me go find the threads for you.

BRB...........ok im back

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=413292&highlight=ors

Its another one around here, that talks about it as well, but I can't find it. However this thread should be helpful to you, and hopefully if you try the right one, you want be unhappy.

This works wonder for me when I stretching.

Last edited:
lol I have one unused pack left... Every time I open the hair product drawer, I look at it, caress it, and say ''But they all love you sooo much.. whats wrong between us? :('' then I close the drawer

The packs my hair feel soft but with a weird coated feeling
co-signing. Before the two formula changes, this was my staple. I have only used it once since the first formula change and it does not work the same for me. The first formula, the one with the silk protein & marine collagen, was the absolute best for my hair.

lol I have one unused pack left... Every time I open the hair product drawer, I look at it, caress it, and say ''But they all love you sooo much.. whats wrong between us? :('' then I close the drawer

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I haven't had any issues with both the old and new formulas. After I use it, I rinse well and use Porosity Control for 30 seconds then rinse again. Maybe the PC and extra rinsing takes the coating away.

I bought out every pak of the old formula I could find. The new formula is probably one of the only products I returned the day after using it. I hated the way my hair felt, it felt very oily and slick and greasy, and I was not a fan. The old formula pleases me tremendously, but I never use it because I only have 4 paks left :look:.

I purchased a bottle, I think it's the old formula and I won't be buying it again.

After using it for the first time I let my hair air dry with no product to test it out and my hair didn't feel as moisturized as usual.

Cons are not a problem for me because I use Motions Moisture Plus and it's full of cones but it always leaves my hair feeling great.

I also don't like the fishy smell of the ORS and The Neutrogena triple moisture conditioners. I think it's the collagen that my nose can't take.

I won't buy any of them again.:nono:

Thanks everyone...good to know that I was not alone...

I know I am stretching here - but can anyone show me a picture or describe what the old version packaging looks like?

ETA - Okay - I just saw the old bottle...gotta look for it...

Last edited:
ORS Replinishing Pak used to be my die-hard, go-to conditioner. But then they reformulated (isn't that how it always happens? :() and I've not liked it or used it since then.

It used to moisturize my hair better than anything I'd come across, now it does feel like it just coats my hair more than really moisturize. It still makes me sad b/c I've yet to find an adequate replacement and I stopped using the paks many moons ago.

Last edited:
I really dont like the Ors pak. It makes my hair hard. Someone told me it was a light protein. No way. I had to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair was still hard. :wallbash: Good thing I only bought two paks. Now im trying to give the stuff away. Darn it! and for me to say I dont like a protein conditioner is a big deal. My hair loves protein.

I used a pak about 2 years ago on my natural hair and didn't like it.

I bought a bottle cuz it was on sale a few months ago that I'm assuming is the new formula and felt exactly the same 'meh' about it on my relaxed hair as I did on the natural.

The only thing I like is that it provides slip, but other than that it gets a :down:

I used to like it, especially when I had a relaxer. However, now it feels like a nasty slimy mess in my hair. So, yeah, it's not just you. This stuff does nothing but coat my hair.

Back