ORS Replenishing Pak + Aphogee 2 Min = Stronger Hair!!!

There's a long thread around here about the formula change. It happened when people couldn't figure out why there was such a difference in the feeling of their hair. We compared the ingredients and they definitely changed.

The new bottle, the one pictured above, contains the new formula. Some of the paks contain the old formula and some contain the new. It seems that they're still phasing out of the old formula (in the packs), which is why you were probably told that the pack is better. A lot of the packs still have the old formula whereas the bottles all contain the new formulas. (Unless you happen to get lucky and find an old bottle).

I see what you mean. I found some of the old paks in my closet and took one to Sally's so i could buy some more. They only had 2 paks with the old formula, the rest were all new. It looks like they moved the silk amino acids and panthenol further down in the ingredient list and added some new chemicals. Why did they mess up a good thing. :nono:

I see what you mean. I found some of the old paks in my closet and took one to Sally's so i could buy some more. They only had 2 paks with the old formula, the rest were all new. It looks like they moved the silk amino acids and panthenol further down in the ingredient list and added some new chemicals. Why did they mess up a good thing. :nono:

this disappoints me :nono::nono::nono:

yup,i did this last week, aphogee 2min and ors with cholesterol and mixed all three, DC on dry hair for about 5-6hours and my hair is veryyyyyyyy stong!!!!!! now i know it wasnt just my imagination, thanks for this post op

Quick question, it sounds like from the OP and the post above that you all are mixing the two deep conditioners. Is that true? Do you all apply the aphogee then the ORS 10 minutes later? Or do you all wash the Aphogee out and THEN apply the ORS?

I just finish putting the combo of the ORS, Aphogee 2min and cholestrol on my hair. And I must say it is feels very strong. I put some HS 14/1, blow dried and braided it in 4 cornrows for a braidout for my interview tomorrow. Hopefully, it looks good and not too much of an afro. But it definitelly will be strong, healthy and shiny!

Just a quick update. I am lovin the combo of ORS pak, Aphogee 2min and cholestrol on my hair. It has really limited my breakage and barely in hair in the shower. Just have to a say loud Thank You! I might finally gain some decent length by the end of the year. Yeahhh!! I am really excited.

Can I do this up every week with no issues, you think?

I cowash and dc midweek for added moisture too.

So,

I tried out the ORS Replenishing Pak and the Aphogee Keratin 2 Min Reconstructor.

First, I shampooed with Roux Porosity Control shampoo. Then I applied the Aphogee (I left it on for 5 minutes). I then followed it up with the ORS and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. At first, I was worried, because when I washed it, the slip was completely different. Plus, the ORS stuff is THICK THICK THICK. Way thicker than any other conditioner I've ever used.

I applied Giovanni Direct Leave in and then sealed with two drops of castor oil. I let my hair air dry.

My hair DEFINITELY feels stronger and I am seeing fewer tiny hairs :grin: I didn't get these kinds of results using Nexxus Emergencee.

I don't know if it was the ORS or the Aphogee, but this is a keeper! I'm going to alternate it with my Aubrey Organics products. Woo hoo!!!

I'm going to do Aubrey next week and then the week after do ORS/Aphogee and see the results. If it goes well, then, by George, I think I will have my reggie down!!!

I have been doing this for a long time. I am completely surprised that someone caught on to this specific combination, then same combo that I have doing for almost a year :spinning:

I have been doing this for a long time. I am completely surprised that someone caught on to this specific combination, then same combo that I have doing for almost a year :spinning:

I have silly question...do you apply the Aphoghee, rinse and then apply the ORS? Or, can I just mix them together and use it all at once?

How many of you use heat after applying this combo?

I have used heat or just a heating cap or just a plastic cap and got the same results - less breakage and nice strong springy hair

I have silly question...do you apply the Aphoghee, rinse and then apply the ORS? Or, can I just mix them together and use it all at once?

Just mix them all together and apply= great results

I actually used this combo by accident. I used ORS for the first time and WOW my hair was so MUSHY it was scary I ran to get the Aphogee 2 minute and my hair felt normal left in for 10 minutes. Whew Scarey, that was months ago, I don't go under the heat with ORS anymore. IT IS too Moisturizing for my hair. I do use them together still with My aphogee after my ORS though :ohwell: I do use heat afterwards.

I love ORS, best DC I have tried leave my hair SO soft:grin:..........................Running off to get me some 2min Aphogee.
Ladies I said I wasnt going to buy any new products :wallbash: I blame Y'all!!

The way you just said. And I also have my hair separated into large braids as well. Then when I apply the ORS, I put a shower cap on my hair and leave it in for about hour and a half, sometimes two hours :blush:

Then I rinse. My hair comes out fantastic but it's the long run where I am seeing results and my hair has been retaining length.

This combination works wonders for me too and it works no matter what state my hair is in: natural, transitioning, relaxed--- my hair loves it.

I've been doing it for quite some time. It gives my hair that perfect balance of strength of and softness, love it!

I love ORS, best DC I have tried leave my hair SO soft:grin:..........................Running off to get me some 2min Aphogee.
Ladies I said I wasnt going to buy any new products :wallbash: I blame Y'all!!

I tried this combo last weekend....KEEPER:grin:
Not every week though, I will continue with my ORS as my DC weekly and then add the aphogee every other week :lick:

okay mixologists....how much of each product do you use??? or do you just eye ball it? please don't say eyeball it because i'm not good at eyeballing hair stuff just yet. will someone please measure this out next time you mix up this concotion and get back at me? thx.

Last edited:
okay mixologists....how much of each product do you use??? or do you just eye ball it? please don't say eyeball it because i'm not good at eyeballing hair stuff just yet. will someone please measure this out next time you mix up this concotion and get back at me? thx.

I mix the following in a plastic bowl:
1 ORS replenishing pak
1 tablespoon Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor
1 tablespoon Queen Helene cholesterol conditioner

I mixed the ingredients until everything blended. I applied the mix to dry hair and covered with plastic cap for 3 hrs, 15 minutes. My hair is natural, no color. My hair feels stronger but SOFT.

I use equal parts of ORS, Aphoghee 2min and and Queen Helene Cholesterol and 1T Olive Oil then blend.

:look: I *Iball it sorry I didn't say (eyeball) :)

I really do I just put ORS in the palm of my hand apply, steam, rinse and then apply my protein. This is the only Protein I do backwards. usually my protein goes first and then my moisture.

But this combo works lovely. As a said above it was an ooops for me but the results are Awesome which is why I continue the MOisture then Protein when using the two. :) and I am using the new formula. Enjoy!

Back