ORS Replenishing Pack

How does the ORS replenishing packs work for you?

• Works great! I love how my hair feels!

Votes: 147 67.4%
  • Eh- so-so

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • It makes my hair feel like a weighed down mess

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Never tried it

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • none of the above (please elaborate)

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
I hated the smell... I can't do citrus smells.. So I don't remember what effect it had on my hair, just the smell and my tum!!

I still have the old one and it was a serious staple. Now I'm going to use mines up and move on to other conditioners. I don't want to buy a big bottle and hate it. When they change the formulas I usually just move on.

This stuff is the truth for me I use the one in the pak not the bottle. In the hot spring/ summer months I use this like it is water-LOL. I cannot use this in the fall and winter months though =(.

yeah it's been making my hair feel really coated and clumpy.

i used it 2 days ago and it felt like i'd put loads of oil/oil moisturizer and just rinsed it out with water.

i am still searching for the right products for my hair as what i've been using before, isnt working anymore in this new climate.

It's always made my hair feel coated. I've tried it 2 or 3 times and it's always the same. I just determined that it's not for me.

Both formulas work the same for me. It makes my hair so soft and manageable, a must for my NG! I love it. :yep: Sometimes I mix with other conditioners :lick:

Last edited:
My hair always feels really soft after using ORS. This may feel oily to some people. However, when I wash it out, my hair does not feel weighed down. The only thing I use to straighten my hair is CHI serum. The DC and the serum should be enough to get the job done.

i have about five of the individual packs and 1 bottle from sallys. i havent used mine in a while and certainly not since i've been natural. i hope it works as good on my natural hair as it did on my relaxed hair. i used to love this stuff with heat. i havent deep conditioned with heat in a while. hmmmmm you know what???? i think i may use this with heat tommorow with my heating cap before i co wash with my totally twisted.

For those who use the individual packs, do you use the whole pack at one time or do you use half of the pack at a time. If so, how do you store the unused portion?

What timing....I just cowashed and did my DC today with the pak. My hair felt AWESOME and I am kicking myself that i had been sleeping on this. I kept seeing it mentioned on this forum and went with what the masses have been saying.

Ladies.....my hair thanks you! :)

However, after reading this thread, it makes me wonder if I have the 'old' or 'new' formula. Can anyone post the old vs. new look, if it is one?

Thanks in advance.....

For those who use the individual packs, do you use the whole pack at one time or do you use half of the pack at a time. If so, how do you store the unused portion?

I usually use half a pack, cause I'm trying to savor it.:grin:, plus I sometimes mix it with other conds. I usually just store it upright in my linen closet with all my other products, I have never had a problem with it drying out. Sometimes I'll put the pack in a zip lock bag.

I have never used the paks. I just started using the bottle and what I noticed is that my hair feels great if I use it after a shampoo. But as a cowash it is way too heavy. So I only use it on actual wash days. Plus I don't let it sit in for too long. Otherwise, my hair will be weighed down and greasy feeling.

When I first began my HHJ, this was one product that the girl's in Sally's & others swore by, to help my dry, brittle, damaged, overprocessed hair. So, I invested in the packs.

But, I always used them as a pre-poo in a mix with other things and never tried it alone. I think I still have several packs, so I will have to go back and use the pack probably with heat, i.e. heat cap or steamer to see how I like it strictly as a Conditioner.

I love the packs ..the bottle is not of the same consistency, perhaps you also used too much ...was there too much protein build up from other products,

I use the bottle now. When I used the packs I would squeeze them into one of those 3oz bottles you get at Wal*Mart. I never used the entire thing. This whatever was left over could be added to the next pac.

When I first started my hair-care journey I used to swear by ORS replenishing pack, but what works for some doesn't always work for others.

P.S. Mind you this was before the said formula change, about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago.

I notice the paks are smallllllll now. I used them when they were bigger, but I had to get THREE for all of my hair, and it felt like a dry, tangly mess :perplexed I wanted to like it too.

I notice the paks are smallllllll now. I used them when they were bigger, but I had to get THREE for all of my hair, and it felt like a dry, tangly mess :perplexed I wanted to like it too.

Yeah, I noticed this just yesterday... I only got one pack because that's what I usually get. But this time it wasn't even enough to cover my entire head, and I still sorta have a twa. I found myself trying to scrap residual condish out of the pack, but I still ended having to mix it with something else. :perplexed

Wow. I'm still using my old formula bottle and LOVE it (I have about half a bottle left) and I'm dreading the new formula. *sigh* I hope when I run out it still works for me.

I noticed this too, my hair felt dry as if I hadn't put any cond in it :ohwell: thought I was the only one!

Back