OK you've gotten to your hair-goal or close to it, but now it's not enough hair

Lucia

So you've gotten to your hair goal or close to it, and it's still not enough hair for you.
So are you aiming for a longer length?
Are you trying to get it all mostly one length/all one length?
Know you don't know how much hair you want to grow cause you have serious hairanorexia?
Frustrated and cutting it back to this length? TIA

I'm nowhere near my final goal, maybe 9 inches to go? But the longer I grow, the more I begin to think that my final goal isn't nearly enough. When I get there, I'll probably keep growing until I think I have enough.

I think I've reached my goals... :)
I'll still let my hair grow to whatever length it wants to be. I don't think it will be much longer (couldn't handle any longer than classic length anyway).

At this point I don't put very much energy into my hair or hair care. It's just there and I keep up the regimen I've followed for a few years now.

I thought I wanted waist length hair, but when I was there I wanted longer hair still.

With natural hair it's easy to just let it grow, since shrinkage will keep it looking somewhat shorter anyway.

I think I've reached my goals... :)
I'll still let my hair grow to whatever length it wants to be. I don't think it will be much longer (couldn't handle any longer than classic length anyway).

At this point I don't put very much energy into my hair or hair care. It's just there and I keep up the regimen I've followed for a few years now.

I thought I wanted waist length hair, but when I was there I wanted longer hair still.

With natural hair it's easy to just let it grow, since shrinkage will keep it looking somewhat shorter anyway.

I can't wait to get that point. Your hair is beautiful by the way. :yep:

I dont think i'll ever be happy with my hair. Its FINALLY retaining length but its growing into a V (which is not that bad) except i never realized my hair was so thin. If and when i get to my goal of Hip length i will concentrate on evening it up and trying to get some thickness (if thats even possible). wish me luck!

My first goal was WL and now that I'm grazing it (if not there), I think it's not enough for me. Actually, now I think hip length won't be enough, but I'm sure that I'll be satisfied with tail bone length, that seems like enough. If for some reason it isn't, classic length will be where I draw the line! :/

So you've gotten to your hair goal or close to it, and it's still not enough hair for you.
Know you don't know how much hair you want to grow cause you have serious hairanorexia?

Welcome to the wonderful world of hairorexia. I think there's a support group on here for it. Don't try to fight it... just keep growing!

The longer my hair grows the thicker I want it so from that point of view it's just not enough hair. I'll be satisfied at between MBL and WL if it's extremely thick.

I hope I'm satisfied with WL when I reach it, cuz I'm tired of combing this hair.
I would eventually like my high pony to reach BSL+ (these goals are moving targets depending on the day lol) and also a blunt cut...

Well I am not a longhaired girly yet but my original goal was Full SL and I thought that would be enough hair since I had not been that long ever. Now my goal is APL because I am at SL now and need more hair:lachen:

I'm nowhere near my final goal, maybe 9 inches to go? But the longer I grow, the more I begin to think that my final goal isn't nearly enough. When I get there, I'll probably keep growing until I think I have enough.

U got some beautiful hair.....I'm droolin just looking at it.....

I'm not to my goal yet, I'm apl, and this is not enough hair for me, so I think BSL won't be enough hair, my goal is midback, but I don't think that will be enough, I say keep growing and see what length you like, just keep growing and keep doing what you do. At some point you will decide a length, and i'm a little slow what's Hairanorexia??????:spinning:

I'm not to my goal yet, I'm apl, and this is not enough hair for me, so I think BSL won't be enough hair, my goal is midback, but I don't think that will be enough, I say keep growing and see what length you like, just keep growing and keep doing what you do. At some point you will decide a length, and i'm a little slow what's Hairanorexia??????:spinning:

Hairanorexia/hairnorexia = you mostly or always see yourself as not having enough hair no matter what longer lengths you may achieve.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hairorexia. I think there's a support group on here for it. Don't try to fight it... just keep growing!

I need to join that group ASAP :lol: I'm WSL now and that was my original long term goal, but since it's not even/blunt and when i style it curl it its mid back, when I wear it natural it's APL which really with my thick hair is alot of hair but it's not enough hair for me now. My new goal is hip length, but I'm wondering if that will be enough, stay tuned...

I used to think bsl would be enough for me. It sounds long, doesn't it? But my hair seems sooo short to me. Maybe if it were all bsl. But a lot of it is still apl. So I think for your original questions, I'd like it all to be one length. And even that's not true. Because as I think about and look around, I think I want some layering for dimension. But I don't want it as layered as it is now (grown out from a round afro).

Now it's just like I don't have an exact goal. I say waist length, but I'm really going by what styles I want to do and just guessing at what length I'd need to do them.

I wanted WL, but now that I'm there I'm bored. I may get color. :)
I think I'm going to keep growing for a while, and then I'll get a good trim and hopefully still be WL. I haven't had a trim in like a year.

I need to join that group ASAP :lol: I'm WSL now and that was my original long term goal, but since it's not even/blunt and when i style it curl it its mid back, when I wear it natural it's APL which really with my thick hair is alot of hair but it's not enough hair for me now. My new goal is hip length, but I'm wondering if that will be enough, stay tuned...

adding:
I want enough hair length and thickness, so that when I wear it in a ponytail or down straight or natural people can't say oh that's that 14-18 inch weave from the BSS. And I want to be able to do beautiful old fashioned styled updo's without weave assistance, and have my natural hair reach BSL.

At this point I want my hair to grow as long as possible. Prior to this year, I never knew my hair could grow past waist length. Classic or thigh length hair sounds fun, but I don't know if I'll get there. I'm thankful for what I have. Like FlowerHair, I'm pretty much ignoring my hair at this point and continuing with my usual routine.

Bene, your hair is very beautiful.

Had 2 set backs. I always see set backs as come backs. I know def. by 12-31-2010 I will be at full, thick, healthy BSL. Finally! Second goal MBL by 12-31-2012! YEAH!

I'm a little past BSL, on my way to MBL. My goal is WL and im sure that'll be enough for me. I just cant think of a lot of pretty styles for hair longer than WL.

I cut my hair back to WL back in May and was heart broken immediately afterwards. I kind of liked my hair at HL and missed those few inches dearly! However I know that it will be hard for me to transition with HL+ hair, so I might have to go back to WL in a few months. I don't know, I really love having long hair, but I don't know how tough it will be managing the two textures when I'm one year into my transition...

Either way, I do know the feeling about having long hair and still feeling like it's not long enough. There are days I tilt my hair back and picture what it would be like to be TBL!!

I cut my hair back to WL back in May and was heart broken immediately afterwards. I kind of liked my hair at HL and missed those few inches dearly! However I know that it will be hard for me to transition with HL+ hair, so I might have to go back to WL in a few months. I don't know, I really love having long hair, but I don't know how tough it will be managing the two textures when I'm one year into my transition...

Either way, I do know the feeling about having long hair and still feeling like it's not long enough. There are days I tilt my hair back and picture what it would be like to be TBL!!

If you like Hip/TBL then keep it at that length and do trim it there @ hip/TBL and continue to transition. I don't believe you have to do the BC to transitions or that your hair should be a certain length, you could do twist outs, braid-outs, that way the textures won't be so different and you won't have to manipulate everyday with a comb, and you could just finger-comb and porb have less shrinkage.

Oh Hair Anorexia, how I despise thee

For YEARS all I wanted was APL hair. I got there.. ehhh it was too short so I kept it moving. My next goal was BSL. I got there. It was too short. MBL came next, still think its too short. My V is now grazing WSL and I'm like nope still too short. I hope and pray I like tailbone length.

I'm at the point where I don't even like straightening it anymore because I don't even want to see how "short" it is ahahahahha

I can't WAIT until I can say that. I'm aiming for APL first, NEXT WL.

4 inches is my goal first.
I'm going by inches at a time, and I know when those inches are gained the hair will be to the lengths I want eventually. =)

Back