OK you've gotten to your hair-goal or close to it, but now it's not enough hair

I wanted WL, but now that I'm there I'm bored. I may get color. :)
I think I'm going to keep growing for a while, and then I'll get a good trim and hopefully still be WL. I haven't had a trim in like a year.

So you were able to continue to grow your hair without a trim for a year? Did it shed? I keep hearing it's nearly impossible to gain or retain length without regular trims...:perplexed

So you were able to continue to grow your hair without a trim for a year? Did it shed? I keep hearing it's nearly impossible to gain or retain length without regular trims...:perplexed

:welcome4:

Was it a hair dresser who told you that? That's their favorite line.

Your hair is growing all the time and trimming doesn't make it grow (jsut wanted to say that in case that's what they're telling you). Hair grows on average half an inch per month. So if you trim half an inch a month you'll never see any progress. It makes more sense to avoid trimming if you want to retain length.

Trimming damaged ends can help with retention sometimes if the damage is causing breakage and splits up into the healthy parts of your hair. But if your hair is healthy, you shouldn't trim it unless you want to. And you will definitely retain length if you don't trim as often (or as many inches).

Oh and hair shedding is normal (anywhere from 25-150 hairs per day on average). Everyone's hair sheds so don't worry about that unless you're getting bald spots or something like that.

So you've gotten to your hair goal or close to it, and it's still not enough hair for you.
So are you aiming for a longer length? Yes. the longer my hair grows the longer I want it to be. Im thinking about aiming for TBL :look:Are you trying to get it all mostly one length/all one length? Im not sure. I think I want it mostly one length but I might get layers.Know you don't know how much hair you want to grow cause you have serious hairanorexia? I dont think I do have hairanorexia :lol: but sometimes I do forget how far I've come from:yep:
Frustrated and cutting it back to this length? N/ATIA

Oh Hair Anorexia, how I despise thee

For YEARS all I wanted was APL hair. I got there.. ehhh it was too short so I kept it moving. My next goal was BSL. I got there. It was too short. MBL came next, still think its too short. My V is now grazing WSL and I'm like nope still too short. I hope and pray I like tailbone length.

I'm at the point where I don't even like straightening it anymore because I don't even want to see how "short" it is ahahahahha

That's me! Actually, I never straighten...just pull a section down.
I originally wanted WL but now that it's just a couple inches away it doesn't seem as long (but when I made that goal in 2006, it seemed quite unattainable). Now I want HL....and hopefully that will satisfy me.
I always wanted hair that would fully cover my boobs when straight :yep:

That's me! Actually, I never straighten...just pull a section down.
I originally wanted WL but now that it's just a couple inches away it doesn't seem as long (but when I made that goal in 2006, it seemed quite unattainable). Now I want HL....and hopefully that will satisfy me.
I always wanted hair that would fully cover my boobs when straight :yep:

me too! like that alanis morrissette video. there is smthg very 'Eve' about it.

I think my hair is average (across all races) when thoroughly straightened like my siggy, short when natural, and THIN regardless :( but im happy for EVERY strand i have.

oh ladies,
you guys are the only ones that understand. As you can see in my siggy my hair went from alittle above shoulder length (Massive set back due to braids) to grazing BSL. and i feel its waaaayyyyy to short. Friends are like "omg your hair is long, why doint you wear it out more" and im like what hair?? lol. i think MBL will be enough..i hope....

Is there a treatment for Hairanorexia?????

oh ladies,
you guys are the only ones that understand. As you can see in my siggy my hair went from alittle above shoulder length (Massive set back due to braids) to grazing BSL. and i feel its waaaayyyyy to short. Friends are like "omg your hair is long, why doint you wear it out more" and im like what hair?? lol. i think MBL will be enough..i hope....

Is there a treatment for Hairanorexia?????

yeahh, more hair :lol: or blunt ends

I think this is going to happen to me. I came here wanting BSL, but I think that when I get there I'm going to want MBL.

Well, I have a spin on this thread. I was MBL most of the summer and had to cut two inches. I was suprised to see my hair was still very long to me (BSL); perhaps it looks longer because I cut it all to one length. My goal is WL, but I'm happy to finally realize that my hair is long now, even before I reach my goal. Thank you, Jesus!

Tell me about it..I always wanted and reamed of having BSL hair. Now that I'm there it looks soo short..it's crazy. Next goal full MBL..we'll see what happens then...

I was longing for my hair to touch my shoulders when in a twist-out or braid-out, well it is touching my shoulders but now I want to rock APL style-outs.
I am definitely in it for the long haul.

Well, I'm almost at my hair goal, which is Hip Length and I'm grazing it right now. I was thinking to go for tailbone, but I have reached my max as far as combing/detangling and just overall maintenance. So my new goal is to get my hair in top condition because I have been having some breakage, so I want to slowly keep trimming my hair back to hl until I get a pretty much blunt hemline. Also, I want to get better at styling the hair I have.

Yes, the closer that I got to HL, the more I realized that I want HBL, which is basically TBL, so my ultimate goal has gone from HL to TBL...MBL still feels like APL to me :nono: :nono:

When I 1st joined I wanted to reach BSL. Now that I'm grazzzzzzzing it I want to see what MBL looks like by the end of the year. Waist length is the absolute longest I think I could go.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back