OK, So WHAT texture am I?

aloof one

How am I supposed to know? :perplexedI want to figure it out so I can take better care of it, because part is a nappy fro in my kitchen and the top is wavy like the picture (see below). I really have no idea how that 4a 3c or whatever that stuff is works because they all look the same to me :confused: at one point or another when I see peoples pics up

Anyway, the part close to my head and like 2 or 3 inches up is my newgrowth that has nothing on it but parnevu leave in deep conditioner, and it usually looks the same with nothing on it too. If I comb it too much or spread it apart it poofs but usually it goes back to that if I scrunch it or wet it.

textr1sh1.jpg

to me, you look like a 4a but i can be wrong because your hair looks thick.

your best bet is to ask your mother or the woman who took care of your hair before it was relaxed if you have kinky (4a) or curly (3c) hair or a mixture. You can ask your stylist. You can look at photos of yourself as a child to get an idea.

She can have thick hair and be a 4a or have thin hair. There's thick, thin and medium for each hair type.

OP- I can't really tell from the picture. When was your last relaxer? You could be seeing scab hair right now. You won't be able to really tell your true texture until you chop it. Because the weight of the relaxed hair is going to stretch out your curl pattern. My hair curled up a lot more after I chopped.

Also, your hair texture could have changed since you were a child. I'd say just wait it out until you have some more new growth so you can get a better idea.

bmoreflyygirl said:
She can have thick hair and be a 4a or have thin hair. There's thick, thin and medium for each hair type.

OP- I can't really tell from the picture. When was your last relaxer? You could be seeing scab hair right now. You won't be able to really tell your true texture until you chop it. Because the weight of the relaxed hair is going to stretch out your curl pattern. My hair curled up a lot more after I chopped.

Also, your hair texture could have changed since you were a child. I'd say just wait it out until you have some more new growth so you can get a better idea.
OOH! Lol I couldnt find the thread anymore until now I had no idea how to use some of the site :P thanks for responding!
Its kinda medium in some places and thick in others. Im guessing Im 4a or something like that. The waves are starting to twist like they want to be coils or something now that Im 8 weeks post (Ive never gone this long before):cool:
I think it is the scab hair thats really hard and wirey and everything though, like in the back of my neck and the edges, because I trimmed my kitchen and now all of a sudden after losing an inch of newgrowth the hair under it is all soft. But the crown is actually softer and actually shinier than my relaxed hair has ever been, so maybe its not scab hair there? I hope not, haha.. I wish I had a decent camera :(

Hey Dear,

I think you might be 3c/4a but as another member noted, you really won't be able to tell unless you chop, because the hair gets much curlier without the weight of the relaxed ends. Either way you go, you have gorgeous thick hair.

C

Back