OK, I'm nervous, here are my pics...

L.Mo.

OK, I\'m nervous, here are my pics...

It's really wierd posting pictures of yourself to people you don't know!! Nonetheless, thanks so much for all of your help so far. Bra-strap, here I come!

Hair
wink.gif

Re: OK, I\'m nervous, here are my pics...

[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:
Your hair looks fabulous, Lisa. Nice and healthy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! With growth like that it won't be too long before you reach bra strap.
smile.gif
But stay away from "Scissor happy Stylist".

aitn no need to be nervous lisa lou coz yo hair looks NICE!!lol happy hair growin n u'll be at bra strap sooner than u think

Man, I just love to see a healthy & thriving head of hair
smile.gif
And YOU have one
up.gif

It really does look great!

shocked.gif
WOW your hair looks really nice
shiny and bouncy
smile.gif

Would you mind sharing your hair regime
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
you're hair is so shiny and i like the color too
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that you should comment about the colour, 'cause I just noticed how much it changes colour in the light. I have never had jet black hair, but I don't colour it. The relaxers definitely lighten my hair 'cause my strands are very fine.

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sal said:
shocked.gif
WOW your hair looks really nice
shiny and bouncy
smile.gif

Would you mind sharing your hair regime
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks so much!!! OK, here goes...

Pre LHCF:

Wash once per week. Night before wash I would coat scalp and hair with extra virgin olive oil, cover with a plastic cap and go to bed. In the morning, I would wash with K-Pak reconstructor shampoo, lathering only once. Next used Emergencee with plastic cap and heat for varying lengths of time. (I didn't know the dangers of too much protein, so I sometimes left it on for hours!!
crazy.gif
I know that I have slept in it before, too). Next used Kerasilk conditioner to give me what I now call "slip". Then, I would blow dry my sopping wet hair on high with a comb attachment and curl with a large-barrelled curling iron. I always slept with a satin nightcap. Wore hair down for most of the week, bumping ends under with curling iron when required.

My stylist used to use Affirm Fiberguard regular stregth and I relaxed every 6 to 7 weeks. Trimmed every 2 months. My stylist wasn't very careful about only touching up my new growth, she was a little sloppy, so I found someone new.

Post LHCF (Oct 03):

Products are mainly the same with NO MORE HEAT. I haven't used heat since I found this board. I have worn mainly braid-outs, doing CO washes 3x/week (sometimes with LUST). Still sleep in olive oil about once a week. Now that I have a fresh relaxer, I'm going to try to wear it straight... maybe I'll try a wrap set. I've tried one in the past with no success. I'm all thumbs!!
laugh.gif
I carry a spray bottle of distilled water everywhere I go and use Profectiv Break-free for moisture. I also bought S-Curl and Elasta QP oil moisturizer, but I'm still not sure how I feel about these. LUST is new for me too, I find it OK for my hair, but not overly wonderful. I left it in my hair 24/7 while in the Caribbean, and my hair was very soft the whole time. My past 2 relaxers were with Bantu mild strength.

Changes I plan to make:

1. Stretch my relaxer out further (but with my 4b hair, I don't know how long I can go).
2. Trim every 3 months. I can't go any longer than this 'cause I HATE scraggly ends and would rather have chin-length healthy hair than waist-length split-end ridden hair. (Not that my hair is the epitome of health right now!!
laugh.gif
)
3. Buy a water-softening unit -- I find this has made a huge difference in my hair. Growing up, my parents water was really hard and it adversely affected my skin and hair. Now, my water is softer, but I want it softer still. I find Canada has such hard water compared to the U.S.....
4. Other protective styles?? Maybe I'll wear more phony-ponies. With my big head, buns aren't for me.

Thanks everyone for their great advice and helping me towards my goal!!

Another hair note: For a while I was getting so frustrated with my hair that I almost cut it all off. I was thinking of getting "Sister Locks". One of my sylists has them and her hair looks awesome!!

Back