Naptrl's updates--BC to Brastrap! I made it! PIC Included!

naptrl said:
Okay, here I go, CG!! I don't press very often. Most of the time I'm in braids. I just had micros for 3 months. I have had heat damage before, but not lately. It has all curled back up now! I got my hair pressed a couple of months after being natural. I've been getting it pressed once every few months since I've been natural. More often when I'm not in braids. My hair stays pressed until I wash it again. I don't sweat a lot in my head or on my body for that matter. I wrap it at night. Put about 4 rollers in the top and then wrap the remaining hair. I don't really have a regimin. I wear braids a LOT. As the ATL ladies know, I rarely have my hair down. But when it's down I get it pressed once a month and use LOTS of moisture. I started using MTG as well. HTH!!

Thanks for answering my questions. Do you ever wear twists? I wear twists often as a protective style. I'm guessing I could subsitute my twists for braids. Your hair is very beautiful. You are an inspiration.

Country gal said:
Thanks for answering my questions. Do you ever wear twists? I wear twists often as a protective style. I'm guessing I could subsitute my twists for braids. Your hair is very beautiful. You are an inspiration.
I wish I knew how to get my hair like YOURs. It is sooo pretty in that picture! How do you do the twists. I've got to do more natural styles so I don't have to depend on the hair dresser.

kreeme said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Girl your hair is tha bomb! Truly an inspiration to us all. Beautiful pictures. :yep:
Thanks, girl!! Can't wait to see you again in the ATL!! I'll try to have my hair down this time! :)

Your hair is amazing and you are now one of my inspirations. What kind of micros do you get? Human or synthetic? Also, how do you care for them while they are in? I apologize for the questions but I've been aching for some braids myself.

Brownshugaz said:
Your hair is amazing and you are now one of my inspirations. What kind of micros do you get? Human or synthetic? Also, how do you care for them while they are in? I apologize for the questions but I've been aching for some braids myself.
Thanks! It feels good to be an inspiration when so many of the ladies have been an inspiration to me. I always use human hair. I cleanse my scalp with seabreeze and moisturize with S-curl. I always keep my hair moisturized. Especially around the edges!! That is the key to keeping your hair healthy.

Oh man......you've had great progress! It's so full and healthy. I was lookin for updates the other day as well. You are one of my inspirations.

By the way, are you still using MTG, and if so how often?

~NHG

bubblebtm2 said:
Oh man......you've had great progress! It's so full and healthy. I was lookin for updates the other day as well. You are one of my inspirations.

By the way, are you still using MTG, and if so how often?

~NHG
Thanks! I use it every now and then. I ran out a few weeks ago and what I had was a sample that was given to me at a LHCF meeting about a year ago! When I used it, it was about once a week or so. The smell is overwhelming.

naptrl said:
I wish I knew how to get my hair like YOURs. It is sooo pretty in that picture! How do you do the twists. I've got to do more natural styles so I don't have to depend on the hair dresser.

Oh, Thank you. The twists were very easy for me. I just take two strands of hair and twist them together. After lots of practice, I've gotten good at it. I also use Barry Fletcher's twist like this too which sets the twists nicely.

By the way, how do you use the Seabreeze when in braids? Do you use cotton balls and go through in sections or just pour a little bit in and massage?? Also, do you rinse it out when done?

Country gal said:
Oh, Thank you. The twists were very easy for me. I just take two strands of hair and twist them together. After lots of practice, I've gotten good at it. I also use Barry Fletcher's twist like this too which sets the twists nicely.
Where do you get the BArry Fletcher's?

bubblebtm2 said:
By the way, how do you use the Seabreeze when in braids? Do you use cotton balls and go through in sections or just pour a little bit in and massage?? Also, do you rinse it out when done?
I use a cotton ball and massage. I don't rinse it out..It's just like using it on your face. But moisturize after you use it so it won't dry out your scalp and hair. I only use it on my scalp...don't pour it on your hair.

Back