Ok...I'm Going to Put This Out There For ALL of Us "Christians" to Read and Ponder...

Nice & Wavy

This is beginning to be a bit much on this forum:ohwell: I found this on another forum and this sums up everything on how I feel, so I feel free to post this! ETA: I wonder how many of us on this forum will check the "Like" button on this one.:look:

A lot of you don’t need to be told this, obviously, but a lot do, as well. As believers in Christ, it’s not our call to fight. We may argue to a point, yes, but our call is to lovingly instruct each other in the ways that Christ would have us to do, not to fight over small facts.

(Arguing)
Proverbs 28:25 - A greedy man stirs up strife, but the one who trusts in the Lord will be enriched.

1 Timothy 2:8
- I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

(Teaching)
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

2 Timothy 2:15
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

We should never, EVER fight among one another just to prove that we’re right, but instead, listen to one another and humbly take their words into consideration. Try to understand their views to see if they’re correct in what they assume to be true about their Biblical teachings. There are false prophets all throughout the world who try to teach us things which are incorrect. We must ensure that not only are the words of our fellow believers are correct, but the words which we believe ourselves.

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Remember; people will be accountable for “every careless word they speak”. For every fight or squabble that is started, those who participate unlovingly and saying hateful things will always be held accountable for it. We sin enough as it is...do we really want to be called up for every argument we thought we were in the right for in this world, when we were really wrong?

Matthew 12:36-37 - 36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

God never intended for us to be an angry people. God is love, and wishes for love among all of His people. It is our calling, first and foremost, to love one another.

1 Corinthians 13:13 - So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
- For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Corinthians 16:14
- Let all that you do be done in love.

1 John 4:8
- Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:19 - We love because he first loved us.

Leviticus 19:18 - You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

In everything that we do, no matter how much we want to argue, we need to stop, think, be self-controlled, and lovingly speak to each other instead of posting whatever argument comes into our minds.

Galatians 5:22-26 - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

These are the things that love IS. We need to remember these things in every way that we conduct our lives, both on the forums and off of the forums.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 - 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; [1] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Remember...does fighting, no matter what topic it’s over, bring anyone to know Christ better? Or does it alienate people, and make them not wish to listen, or participate in the conversation? I know this...I don’t feel welcome in most of the conversations here. I do post on occasion, but usually only because I feel as though God led me to do so...not because I feel accepted.

Last edited:
Re: Ok...I'm Going to Put This Out There For ALL of Us "Christians" to Read and Ponde

Amen..such an on time message. I will examine myself by this. Sometimes it feels like people get attacked when they dont say the "In" thing..but this shouldnt be suprising. Thanks

This is beginning to be a bit much on this forum:ohwell: I found this on another forum and this sums up everything on how I feel, so I feel free to post this!

A lot of you don’t need to be told this, obviously, but a lot do, as well. As believers in Christ, it’s not our call to fight. We may argue to a point, yes, but our call is to lovingly instruct each other in the ways that Christ would have us to do, not to fight over small facts.

(Arguing)
Proverbs 28:25 - A greedy man stirs up strife, but the one who trusts in the Lord will be enriched.

1 Timothy 2:8 - I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

(Teaching)
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

2 Timothy 2:15 - Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

We should never, EVER fight among one another just to prove that we’re right, but instead, listen to one another and humbly take their words into consideration. Try to understand their views to see if they’re correct in what they assume to be true about their Biblical teachings. There are false prophets all throughout the world who try to teach us things which are incorrect. We must ensure that not only are the words of our fellow believers are correct, but the words which we believe ourselves.

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Remember; people will be accountable for “every careless word they speak”. For every fight or squabble that is started, those who participate unlovingly and saying hateful things will always be held accountable for it. We sin enough as it is...do we really want to be called up for every argument we thought we were in the right for in this world, when we were really wrong?

Matthew 12:36-37 - 36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

God never intended for us to be an angry people. God is love, and wishes for love among all of His people. It is our calling, first and foremost, to love one another.

1 Corinthians 13:13 - So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 - For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Corinthians 16:14 - Let all that you do be done in love.

1 John 4:8 - Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:19 - We love because he first loved us.

Leviticus 19:18 - You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

In everything that we do, no matter how much we want to argue, we need to stop, think, be self-controlled, and lovingly speak to each other instead of posting whatever argument comes into our minds.

Galatians 5:22-26 - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

These are the things that love IS. We need to remember these things in every way that we conduct our lives, both on the forums and off of the forums.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 - 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; [1] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Remember...does fighting, no matter what topic it’s over, bring anyone to know Christ better? Or does it alienate people, and make them not wish to listen, or participate in the conversation? I know this...I don’t feel welcome in most of the conversations here. I do post on occasion, but usually only because I feel as though God led me to do so...not because I feel accepted.

Last edited:
Re: Ok...I'm Going to Put This Out There For ALL of Us "Christians" to Read and Ponde

^^Some Christian are so 'thin skinned', combative, easily offended etc., etc., (I have my sheild to quench those fiery darts) you can barely make a comment before someone thinks that it's a personal attack against them ...there are no grey areas we shouldn't be operating on emotions how we 'feel' we should be speaking the same as our Father again the same as...

Amen..such an on time message. I will examine myself by this. Sometimes it feels like people get attacked when they dont say the "In" thing..but this shouldnt be suprising. Thanks
I am as well.... :love2:

Timely Word, thank you

^^Some Christian are so 'thin skinned', combative, easily offended etc., etc., (I have my sheild to quench those fiery darts) you can barely make a comment before someone thinks that it's a personal attack against them ...there are no grey areas we shouldn't be operating on emotions how we 'feel' we should be speaking the same as our Father again the same as...
We don't realize that many people are struggling with this and so their protective shield go up. When we become mature in the things of Christ, we should see it for what it is (but not always....I could e-slap many sometimes...you know, in my mind:lol:) but, I'M LEARNING and am always GROWING in the things of Christ, so that I can become blameless before HIM, which is my ultimate goal for when I meet Him face to face. I want to hear "well done, though good and faithful servant!"

^^^ :lachen: I just love you.... Amein~

^^^ :lachen: I just love you.... Amein~
I love you too!!!

ilovemysister.gif

Thanks N&W for this post. Sometimes I forget that when I argue that its not good at all. I'll definitely remember to keep us all in prayer. :)

Thanks N&W for this post. Sometimes I forget that when I argue that its not good at all. I'll definitely remember to keep us all in prayer. :)
Girl, you are not alone @ the bolded...this goes for me too!

:love3:

Nice and Wavy, what about those who are passive aggressive? They pretend to say nice and Holy things, But really they are being spiteful and unGodly in a subtle way. What does the Word say about that?

Nice and Wavy, what about those who are passive aggressive? They pretend to say nice and Holy things, But really they are being spiteful and unGodly in a subtle way. What does the Word say about that?
If you noticed, nathansgirl, I put this thread out there for ALL Christians on this forum, and for those who are not members who will read it. If there is someone who is passive aggressive, let the Holy Spirit...who searches the hearts, speak to them about it so that we are not blamed for "judging" another person. Either way it goes, the one who is passive aggressive and the one who calls out the passive aggressive is wrong.

I have to agree with this. Some of the comments in the random thoughts thread and others were ungodly.

If we are going to deal and confront issues lets cover all bases. If not this is where the hypocrisy comes into play.

I have to agree with this. Some of the comments in the random thoughts thread and others were ungodly.

If we are going to deal and confront issues lets cover all bases. If not this is where the hypocrisy comes into play.
I thought this whole thread covers what you are sharing in this post. The Holy Spirit should be the One to deal with and cover all the bases. When key words like: hypocrisy, ungodly, etc. comes into posts...it becomes a judgment against posters, whether we believe it or not, we begin to do the very thing we don't like in others.

We must remember that there are people who need Jesus who are watching ALL OF US on this forum. We must care about them because if we fail to minister to them in every way, we will be held accountable...ALL OF US!

The bible tells us that as believers in Jesus, we are Ministers of Reconciliation...to reconcile a person(s) to God. We must watch and pray that WE don't fall into temptation, which can easily be done in a moment...in a twinkling of an eye.

All of US have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

"Come now, and let US reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." Isaiah 1: 18

I thought this whole thread covers what you are sharing in this post. The Holy Spirit should be the One to deal with and cover all the bases. When key words like: hypocrisy, ungodly, etc. comes into posts...it becomes a judgment against posters, whether we believe it or not, we begin to do the very thing we don't like in others.

We must remember that there are people who need Jesus who are watching ALL OF US on this forum. We must care about them because if we fail to minister to them in every way, we will be held accountable...ALL OF US!

The bible tells us that as believers in Jesus, we are Ministers of Reconciliation...to reconcile a person(s) to God. We must watch and pray that WE don't fall into temptation, which can easily be done in a moment...in a twinkling of an eye.

All of US have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

"Come now, and let US reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." Isaiah 1: 18

Ok, thank you.

Putting the word Christians into quotations is judgmental as well.

And no, calling out the passive aggressiveness is not wrong. Doesn't the Word say we should bring this to our brother's attention when he does something wrong or offensive?

I think there can be healthy discussion about these issues. But you have too many people who just want to put a wall up and not delve deeper. Then they accuse someone of arguing. It's a message board. When one person writes something, the other person responds. That's not arguing.

Putting the word Christians into quotations is judgmental as well.

And no, calling out the passive aggressiveness is not wrong. Doesn't the Word say we should bring this to our brother's attention when he does something wrong or offensive?

I think there can be healthy discussion about these issues. But you have too many people who just want to put a wall up and not delve deeper. Then they accuse someone of arguing. It's a message board. When one person writes something, the other person responds. That's not arguing.
:lol:..ok, nathansgirl. If you choose to stay in a state of argument, then by all means continue to do so. However, many of us who are "Christians" on this forum are looking within ourselves and realizing that change is what is needed, so that Jesus can get the Glory out of any situation that arises, whether here on this forum or in our own homes.

As I stated before and will do it again in this post...there are MANY people that are watching us, so they will have their own interpretation about what it really means to be a believer in Jesus by the way we act...either we will RESPOND to this or REACT to it....I choose to RESPOND, nathansgirl...what will you do?

:lol:..ok, nathansgirl. If you choose to stay in a state of argument, then by all means continue to do so. However, many of us who are "Christians" on this forum are looking within ourselves and realizing that change is what is needed, so that Jesus can get the Glory out of any situation that arises, whether here on this forum or in our own homes.

As I stated before and will do it again in this post...there are MANY people that are watching us, so they will have their own interpretation about what it really means to be a believer in Jesus by the way we act...either we will RESPOND to this or REACT to it....I choose to RESPOND, nathansgirl...what will you do?

I'm responding because I want them to see a non-hypocritical Christian view.

I agree with you completely.

But, whatever is on your heart to say, I encourage you to say it. What is really bothering you? I don't know you but I don't think the jabs that you're dropping here and there at everyone (it seems) in the Forum is about about any one thread. I know Abba Father knows what's really up. I have no aught whatsoever in my heart for you and anyone here. You're not offending me with your comments. Neither am I hurt by your words.

If you see me laugh and take offense, tell me. I'm not made of stone. I have a personality and a sense of humour some may not get. But it's never to hurt anyone deliberately.

Come on, nathansgirl, what's up? I'm here...I'm listening.

And it continues with you and Nice&Wavy and on down the list.

:yep:

I will say I'm not the most bible thumping one but I do know that others who you may never know look at your and decide if they want to follow God.At times we need to leave will enough alone.Like getting that last word in is going to do what I mean really.Going hard on a website is going to make you appear better to who really? To me it makes you look sorta sad but that's just my thought.I joined this site paid my 6.50 only bc of the one and only the baddest lady on the planet to me esp with those loving words and smileys Shimmie.If it were for her I would have never paid.

We are to be a unified force.I can correlate this a bit with the black race.As long as we are divined we will continue to live a dream deferred..that applies to christian's bc if we are to unify all the nonsense that is going around could be stopped..but we want to keep up foolishness and make ourselves appear holy..our righteousness is filthy rags to God...Ok Im done.

I will say I'm not the most bible thumping one but I do know that others who you may never know look at your and decide if they want to follow God.At times we need to leave will enough alone.Like getting that last word in is going to do what I mean really.Going hard on a website is going to make you appear better to who really? To me it makes you look sorta sad but that's just my thought.I joined this site paid my 6.50 only bc of the one and only the baddest lady on the planet to me esp with those loving words and smileys @Shimmie.If it were for her I would have never paid.

We are to be a unified force.I can correlate this a bit with the black race.As long as we are divined we will continue to live a dream deferred..that applies to christian's bc if we are to unify all the nonsense that is going around could be stopped..but we want to keep up foolishness and make ourselves appear holy..our righteousness is filthy rags to God...Ok Im done.
Thank you so much for your post. I take every word and ponder it upon my heart!

Much love....:love3:

Back