Oh No Miss Thang....

TheBusiness

Who is the creater of Kinky Curly Custard???The price is outrageous! It went from $25 to 29.99 than when I put in my zip code they charge a flat rate of 10.00 :perplexed Clearly a rip off ...No way a small bottle of hair cream cost 10.00 ! Im very disappointed :nono:I wanted to try this product but I cant justify paying $40.00 for something I know only cost them maybe $5.00 to whip up .
What are cheaper alternatives to this Custard that gives you nearly the same results ?? I just got a rip off feeling from the website , the same feeling I got from another website. I cant recall the name but it's based in Brooklyn and they charge your credit card beforehand for a consultation to tell you how to do your natural hair and than you pay for the actual service too .....Nah boo I got that:rolleyes: ...So many rip offs in the natural hair care industry

I can't knock the hustle. Many women (and I'm sure men too) swear by The Custard.*shrugs*

Im going to research the Ecostyler Olive Oil right now...I need a product that's cheaper. I bet Ms. Kinky Curly Custard living large driving a benz. I aint about to make the rich richer . If you reading you aint getting my money chica :)

Get some blue magic activator and olive oil ecostyler and you really get better results than the kccc, less crusty!

Are you talking about the Blue Magic hair grease I see all the time ??? Thats the only blue magic I can think of off the top of my head .....imma go google it

yea. i have the olive oil eco styler. it works wonders! and your hair doesnt feel dry afterwards, it still very moisturized.

I feel you on that TheBusiness to spend all that money and that stuff may not work on you also.

FYI...you can purchase Kinky Curly @ Whole Foods for the 25 dollar price point. You can find out more info on Shelly, KCCC creator on her Face Book page. You can link it from the website.

KCCC is one of those products that requires a bit of trial and error for some. I started using it in 2007 and it's become a staple product for me. For me it's multi purpose in that I use it for wash n go's, braid & twist out, and wet bunning.

If you decide to try it out I suggest "the less is more" approach to application. It can dry with a firm hold (especially if your heavy handed w/product..like me) but that can be easily softened with a bit of oil or butter once hair is dry. That hold is main reason for this product providing mulitple day hair.

Ecostyler gel broke me out...so that product is a no go for me.

HTH

ETA: Shelly was a member of LHCF but I don't know her old screen name.

Last edited:
^^Yes her hair did turn out nicely I love her curls! You see this is why I love LHCF you keep a sista hooked up with the hook up!

Who is the creater of Kinky Curly Custard???The price is outrageous! It went from $25 to 29.99 than when I put in my zip code they charge a flat rate of 10.00 :perplexed Clearly a rip off ...No way a small bottle of hair cream cost 10.00 ! Im very disappointed :nono:I wanted to try this product but I cant justify paying $40.00 for something I know only cost them maybe $5.00 to whip up .
What are cheaper alternatives to this Custard that gives you nearly the same results ?? I just got a rip off feeling from the website , the same feeling I got from another website. I cant recall the name but it's based in Brooklyn and they charge your credit card beforehand for a consultation to tell you how to do your natural hair and than you pay for the actual service too .....Nah boo I got that:rolleyes: ...So many rip offs in the natural hair care industry

First of all... your post is hilarious :lachen:
You had me cracking up! If you have a Whole Foods near you they sell it for (I think) $30. BUT they will allow you to take a small sample for free. It might not be enough for your whole head, but at least you can test a small section of your hair. Just a thought.

I personally use black gel - either Ectostyler or Prostyl. Both leave my hair with the best curls ever. As far as KC, I can't knock her hustle. I don't pay big dollars for products anymore, but if I had to I'd rather give it to a minority business owner than make some guy in China rich. :yep:

That's why I haven't tried it. Don't even want know if I'll like it, because even if I do I can't see myself continuously buying it. haha

Im going to research the Ecostyler Olive Oil right now...I need a product that's cheaper. I bet Ms. Kinky Curly Custard living large driving a benz. I aint about to make the rich richer . If you reading you aint getting my money chica :)

I'm sorry, but you had me crackin up reading this!:lachen::lachen:

I believe Shelly made a video about her prices going up because someone did a blog post or a video about it so she did a response. The prices in some of the ingredients went up I believe. They have to make their money though...no point in spending alot of money to create a haircare line to make $1 profit...not saying I know how much its worth but it is a business. All these other start ups that charge 10...wait another 2 years when they start growing--they will have to increase prices as well. I havent tried it yet, but I have some. I have heard mixed reviews. Its not for everyone's hair though

Also, LOVE familygoingnatural. I met her this weekend.

I tried the kccc . It was alright, but I can't see myself spending that much money on one product continuously. Esp when there are products that can do the job for cheaper.

My friend was using IC gel (and I think she mixed it with a bit of conditioner, but don't hold me to it), and it gave her hair very nice definition. She likes the kinky curly curling custard as well but, like you said, it's quite costly. They sell it at whole foods for around 20-something dollars.

Do you have a Whole Foods in your area? They carry it. I purchased mine from a local hair salon but it's thrown up under my bathroom sink. I never figured out how to get it to work on my hair. For me it was a waste of $$. Fantasia IC worked just fine for me and I like EcoStyler even better.

Last edited:
ya'll check the ingredients....KCCC costs so much because she uses such quality ingredients...plus, the pH balance promotes a greater shine and closed cuticles (quoting kimmaytube....check her on youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5qnxMUkVA&playnext_from=TL&videos=reIVzKYhflU )

unfortunately, i can't have my hair eating better than me (how my hair gonna get organic nutrients and i cant even afford to buy an apple for lunch), so i sure do own Ecostyler gel :yep:

Last edited:
Back