Oh My Goodness Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Treatment!

stardust1222

It's 2:24 a.m. and I just got finishing using Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Moisturizing Treatment in the green jar for one hour under my hooded dryer and the softness is just unreal .:spinning: Well for starters when I went to Sally's on a tax return hair shopping spree this week. I was kinda on the fence on which deep conditioner of theirs to pick so I went with the one one in the cute green jar. :yep:Well yay for me:lick: the smell is heavenly and the results : I couldn't be more pleased this one is a sure winner for me I also pick up their Mega Cholestrol too I'll post my verdict on this one as well. HTH Ladies peace.

I definitely want to hear about the Cholesterol. I messed up this weekend due to protein overload resulting in more breakage than I had. I added some Macadamia Nut oil to the Silk Elements Mega Silk, along with some Silicon Mix and DC'd oversight to restore moisture. The result? Silky soft hair, and the comb just glided through my NG. I still battled with some breakage due to too much protein, but I think it may have been worse had I not used the Mega Silk product. I definitely witnessed a difference. This weekend, I will concentrate on restoring moisture and stick with the Mega Silk by itself to see how it works.

Great review. ;)

Thanks for this post. This gives me hope. I bought some of this, this weekend and used it last night. I didn't leave it on long enough (about 5 mns. in the shower,no heat) but rinsing and detangling with this was sheer pleasure. 7 months onf NG is no joke. I air dried then flat ironed for the 1st time in 2 months. :nono: broken hairs everywhere and the final result was dry hair that I feel like BCing. Not kidding.

Anyway, it was no fault of the Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Treatment. I'll use it with heat for the next couple weeks in an attempt to increase moisture.

I LOOOOOOVE THIS STUFF, I MIX MINE WITH THE APHOGEE 2 MIN. KERATIN. & NO MORE BREAKAGE.
MY HAIR IS SO SOFT & STRONG, I LOVE IT.:clap::yep:

It's been a staple of mine since they came out with it some months ago. I stock up on it when Sally's have their BOGO free since it cost $11 for the jar

It's thick just like I like it.

I usually add some JF clear glaze to it and then go under the steamer.

I'll actually be using this for my DC on Thursday.

It's been a staple of mine since they came out with it some months ago. I stock up on it when Sally's have their BOGO free since it cost $11 for the jar

It's thick just like I like it.

I usually add some JF clear glaze to it and then go under the steamer.

I'll actually be using this for my DC on Thursday.

I can't believe my publicist didn't even tell me.

:whyme:

I went on my lunch break to get this stuff. It's on sale for $6.99. I was torn between this and GVP conditioning balm.

Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

I have been wanting to try this stuff, but was a little hesitant because of the price. Now I know I need to pick some of this up this week end because my hair is shedding like water and it feels drier than normal. Thanks OP!

i was planning on getting this for some time now but kept puttinng it off. i have the original one but never used it.
i guess im going to get this tomorrow and use it this sunday after my protein treatment under my hooded dryer. i hope i like it.

Well I guess I'll be trying this tonight. I had a bottle in my PJ pile, but I don't think I paid $11 for it. It was more like $6.99.

This prouct is wonderful. I'm not really fond of the smell at all but it sure does give you glossy, soft, bouncy hair! I have been really impressed with most of the products by Silk Elements.

I went on my lunch break to get this stuff. It's on sale for $6.99. I was torn between this and GVP conditioning balm.

Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

IMO this is better than the Conditioning Balm. For me it gives way more moisture and is more lush and creamy. I use the conditioning balm as a regular rinse-out/leave-in/cowash, not a DC. HTH

This product didnt work for my hair. With heat, without heat, overnight..never worked. I didnt like the smell either. Yes, I clarified before using it each time..my hair just doesnt like the stuff. When rinsing it my hair felt kinda rough and when it dried my hair was like "what was that?".

What I did like though was the thickness its lovely and is able to be distributed well. My hair is thick in density and I didnt have to use too much.

I really like this stuff as well. It's really great.
I was a little nervous myself because of the price (it's so cheap in comparision to other products), but it's really good.
I use some of their other products from that line as well.

Ahhhhhh, now I see the beginnings of a product junkie! I was in Sally's yesterday determined to purchase only what was on my list. Guess I'll be making another trip there this week. The regular one used to work pretty good on my hair - will post about the olive oil one.

May give this a try once I run out of my SE Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment. Love that stuff!

I used this tonight for the first time and I just have to bump this thread. This stuff is great. I did a DC with this for 20 minutes under my hood dryer. When I rinsed it out I couldn't believe how easily my hair detangled. The comb ran through my hair so easily from root to tip.

This did such a great job at detangling that I didn't have to use my usual Tresemme conditioner to detangle. I detangled as I rinsed out the Silk Elements Olive Treatment and I didn't need to apply anything else to get the comb through my hair.

When I got out of the shower and towel dried my hair I noticed that it made my hair so soft and pliable. I easily did flat twists. I have done flat twists before but it wasn't as easy as it was tonight after using Silk Elements.

What are the ingredients? How does this compare to Motions Moisture plus for those who tried both?
I absolutely cannot stand the Motions Moisture Plus conditioner. I bought a 30 oz container and used some of it a few months ago. My grandmother wants my hair products that I won't finish so I'll give it to her but I'll warn her ahead of time.

The odor of Motions Moisture Plus is like flowers + soap. :look: I did a DC with it for 20 or 30 minutes with heat. When I rinsed it out it felt like there was a layer of grease or Vaseline on my hair. Of course it did, the 2nd ingredient is mineral oil. I bought it out of curiosity (I'm a product junkie, always trying new stuff), because it's paraben-free, and it was on sale.

Also - the worst thing - it blurred my vision when it got into my eyes when I rinsed it out. It must be because of the mineral oil. I noticed when I got out of the shower. I had to rinse my eyes off to get my vision clear again. I have used many different conditioners, they all run down my face while I'm rinsing them out, and that was the only time that happened.

I have used the Proclaim Cholesterol conditioner (3rd ingredient is petrolatum, 4th is mineral oil) and I didn't have that problem.

ETA: The ingredients of Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment are (in all caps because I copied and pasted from http://www.sallybeauty.com/Olive-oil-Treatment/SBS-373322,default,pd.html):
WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,CETYL ESTERS ,GLYCERIN ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,AMODIMETHICONE ,SODIUM PCA ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,TRIDECETH-12 ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,FRAGRANCE ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,YELLOW 5 ,BLUE #1 ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,LINALOOL ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL

Last edited:
Back