Ooooooooook product rave time: Silk Elements Mega Moisture!

No prob you guys. My hair is totally in LUUUUUURVE with this stuff. I find whatever reason I can to DC with it now. I'm addicted to washing/DC'ing my hair now, lol.

I bought the Mega Moisture Conditioner based on your recommendation and all I can say is WOW. My PJism has finally paid off. This conditioner does stuff to my hair that I didn't think was possible. :drunk:

Thank you so much Roxie!

i bought and used this yesterday to DC before i got my hair twisted. I fell in LOVE. It's going to become my new staple DC, along with Pantene DC mask. I mix em both.

Oh lady I heart silk elements, and I love the conditioners too!!!!!!! I soooooo very much love using that moisturising treatment on my hair. My hair feels like butter afterwards. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. glad you like it too! I use their relaxer, and everything!!

So after some consideration - and running out of my old conditioner - I decided it was time to try something new. I wanted a true DC, the kind that instructs you to leave on for more than 5 mins and add heat for more benefit...:look:

I was at Sally's and they had this on sale, buy one get one free....

SBS-373223
SBS-373322

So I got the regular conditioner and the olive moisturizing treatment. The blurb at Sally's says:

Olive Moisturizing Treatment - Formulated with Olive Oil and Silk Protein to condition, strengthen, soften and restore moisture from inside out.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment/SBS-373322,default,pd.html

MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment - To give your hair amazing shine without the gunky build up, this product is great. Detangle and soften hair with the deep conditioning properties of this treatment. Use is for everyday conditioning or deep conditioning treatments and watch your hair transform into beautiful, healthy hair. (The website only has the little packets and not the full sized tub like the other conditioner).
http://www.sallybeauty.com/MegaSilk-Moisturizing-Treatment/SILKEL13,default,pd.html

----
I clarified, did a hardcore protein with Emergencee, then followed with a DC of the MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment with heat for 30 mins. I IMMEDIATELY after rinsing it out felt the incredible softness of my hair. It was like velvet.:lick: I added a little leave in - Sebastian Potion 9 and HE LTR. And then rollerset (1/2 airdry and 1/2 under the dryer). Well the result was incredibly shiny and moisturized SOFT hair. I have used both of these conditioners this week as my 2-3x a week DC regimen (in the DC challenge) and I have been pleased each time. I set my hair on mostly grey rollers (used like 4 purple for the edges and nape). I didn't even saran wrap, blowout or flat iron my roots - I'm 4 weeks post. I didn't add ANY serums at all!

megasilk2-vi.jpg

megasilk3-vi.jpg

Ladies looking for an AMAZING dc, this is it! I use their relaxer too, their line seems to work extremely well for my hair.:yawn:

I see that this conditioner contains protein, is it suppose to be more of a moisturizing or protein based product? I would to try another thick creamy conditioner besides Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner...:yep:

THIS STUFF IS THE TRUTH!! my hair magically transformed from regular old hair strands to pre-softened butter.

i hit up the sally's sale too :sekret: and bought both the regular and the olive oil one. in my defense, i was out of deep conditioners.

anyways.... this is GREAT!!!

i should mention that i tried it two days ago, with heat, on dry hair, and the effect wasn't the same. this conditioner is meant to be used on wet hair.

i finally bought some of this stuff after going to sallys about 3 times, picking it up, looking at it and then leaving without it.

i'll come back and tell you how i liked it tomorrow.

have some on my hair right now.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

I bought 3 sample packs of this yesterday to use after a hard protein treatment with Aphogee that I did today. I ended up using all 3 packets (I am heavy handed and my new growth was fighting me) and after sitting under the dryer and rinsing my hair feels soft and detangled. I am airdrying right now so I don't have the full results, but I can already tell my new growth is much softer. I am about 15 weeks post relaxer and I was going to relax next week, but if my new growth is still soft when my hair is fully dried, I may be able to stretch longer. I wish I caught that BOGO free sale!:wallbash:

OK Ladies...I am what you will call a hair snob, because I swear only expensive products work on my hair. I used ORS Replenishing Packs, and it left my hair with a waxy coating and I ended up giving it away. In my own defense, I do have an open mind and am constantly on the search for a good DC that will soften my newgrowth. So my question is...do these products leave your hair with that coated feel, or do they rinse pretty clean. I ask because I swear I want to try this product so bad but my hair snobbiness has got the best of me. Thanks ladies...

Hahahaha..Yes I love the Silk Elements line...I use both of those...The Olive one has protein...It works as a light protein treatment in my hair...I love it !!!

I have the SE Mega Silk Moisturizing Conditioner. I use it Faithfully as a Co-Wash before I do my Henna/Indigo 2 Step. It makes my hair "instantly soft" so it makes the Henna/Indigo Application alot better.:grin:

It is a Great Co-Wash Conditioner to use with Henna because it makes your hair super moisturized and helps to significantly curb the sometimes drying effects of Henna.:yep:

It works Magic!:love2:

Hahahaha..Yes I love the Silk Elements line...I use both of those...The Olive one has protein...It works as a light protein treatment in my hair...I love it !!!

Traycee, I have followed your videos on you tube, and your hair is something to behold. (I was just showing my SO your hair like 5 min ago)

Anyway, my goal is to be able to stretch my relaxers from every 8 weeks to every 12 weeks. So far, by week 8, I am beating my stylist's door down, and I have not found anything that softens my newgrowth enough to make it to 12 weeks.

Would you say that this line is good for this purpose. I am seriously considering hanging up my snobbish ways. LOL!

Traycee, I have followed your videos on you tube, and your hair is something to behold. (I was just showing my SO your hair like 5 min ago)

Anyway, my goal is to be able to stretch my relaxers from every 8 weeks to every 12 weeks. So far, by week 8, I am beating my stylist's door down, and I have not found anything that softens my newgrowth enough to make it to 12 weeks.

Would you say that this line is good for this purpose. I am seriously considering hanging up my snobbish ways. LOL!

YES... I love the Moisturizing Treatment ( That Foxie mentioned) and the Intense Mayonnaise ....

I never tried their moisturizing conditioner in the bottle because it contains mineral oil

turns out i had the cholesterol treatment. i liked it the first time but the last time i used it i did not like it. i wanna try the moisture treatment because i need a real dc.

Last edited:
Are people still using this? How many people are using it soley for new growth purposes? The bottle looks like Loreal's mega moisturizing conditioner that I used for years. For some reason it stopped working.

Are people still using this? How many people are using it soley for new growth purposes? The bottle looks like Loreal's mega moisturizing conditioner that I used for years. For some reason it stopped working.

I use this! I love how thick it is (I could turn it upside down and the product would stay!) And it's VERY detangling! I highly recommend it :yep:

Thanks for the review! Traycee uses Silk Elements (Hi Tracyee, I see you're posting too!) and always mentions it on her YT videos. I've been dying to try and I'll definitely pick up one this weekend since I'm "passing by" Sally's.

Passing by = 1 hour

I have used the one in the lighter jar before and it was good stuff. I had just moved on to other things but it was a good product.

Yeah this is still in my good old staple rotation! Looove it. But I always use Moroccan Oil Intense Conditioning Mask as well now! I alternate the two, or even mix them for my DC's.

I'm a silk elements fan, I use their relaxer (Olive Oil Relaxer), occasionally their moisturizing shampoo, and neutralizer.

Sally's have their products on sale for $3.99. Is this a sale because I think Sally's is too high with some prices? What do you recommend? It looks like it has three different color bottles. Which shampoo (color) do you use? I like to have poo and cond of same family if I can and for this price, it shouldn't be too hard. Do you use their lye, or no lye? I want to change my hair from revlon, but prefer lye. No lye is drying.

Here's the link if it helps -http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=silk%20elements&start=0&sz=12

TIA

I'm in love with the Megasilk moisturizing conditioner!!!!! I'm a conditioner junkie and I haven't used another DC since discovering this 3 weeks ago. There are very few hair products i'm commited to, but i'm definitely in love with this and will continue using it!

I used the regular one with the bronze top. I have the olive oil condit and may use that next week. Definite staple for me:yep:

I love the Olive Moisturizing Treatment. It left my hair so soft. I went back to Sally's and bought some more since it's on sale for $7.99 this month.

LOL yep this is still a staple for me. In fact last night I did an overnight DC mixed with coconut oil and my hair is SUPER silky. I blow dried/flat ironed today.

Honestly, this condit leaves my hair feeling absolutely incredible:yep: I can feel the difference in my hair immediately. and when dry, my hair has so much body and feels silky/ moisturized. I seriously think everyone should try this! I dont like DCing, but with this, i cant wait until my next wash day so i can use it.

I tried this product(olive one) for the first time a few days ago I had no condish and was waiting for my natural condish to come in the mail, i dont ever use store bought conditioners but I had none so I decided to go to sally's and I picked this one up

OMG my hair felt like silk!, I will definantly be using this once a month after my clarifiying poo.

Back