OH MY GOD!! You should see my hair!!

hawaiianhoney

I did my first braid out (partially) last night and when this morning it was GORGEOUS!! It's hot as all heck today, but my hair is loose! It is just amazing. And that's even after my twist out disaster the night before.

Here's what happened: I washed and conditioned my hair for the first time with Dove Intense Moisture...BIG mistake. My hair was soft but DRY!
ohwell.gif
Then I put what was left of my Infusium 23 on there and began to twist...even bigger mistake. When I woke up the next morning, my hair was still a little damp, but dry enough to take down. When I undid the twists, they looked nice, but my hair felt "gooey" and dry . So I put some hot 6 oil in and finger combed. My hair looked horrible. I think I made the twists too small because I looked like Diana Ross by the head! My hair was BIG!! I should have taken a picture for a bloopers album that shows all my trials and tribulations on my path to natural hair.

Anyways, I wet that stuff down with some Biolage leave in tonic and instantly, my hair looked and felt different. Thinking that it was just the hot 6 oil, I slapped it into a bun and went about my day. Later that night, I decided to try again, but with bigger twists. Somewhere between my baby crying and my older 2 fighting, I ended up with two "Indian plaits". I moisturized my newgrowth with the Biolage tonic and oiled my ends with the hot 6 oil, lightly misted my ends with the biolage (enough to make the end paper stick) and rolled it with a sponge roller. then I pinned the plaits up, tied it down with a drawstring bonnet and put a satin cap over it. I sleep bad so I thought at least on of the 2 would stay on all night.
laugh.gif

When I woke up this morning and took my hair down, I discovered that a miracle had happened in my sleep! My hair was oh so soft and the waves were light and shiny! I couldn't believe it! I haven't seen my hair like this since I was in high school! The only thing wrong is that it's kinda greasy from where I put the hot 6 oil in. I'm gonna wash it tonight...with a clarifying conditioner and see if I can duplicate my results. Probably not, so I'm going to take a picture of it so that I can remember the time that my hair was beautiful.
rofl.gif

Just had to share!

When a braid or twistout comes out nicely it's defiantly a time for smiles. Enjoy your nice hairstyle or as my nephew would say enjoy your "Diva Do"!

i'm glad it turned out good, hawaiianhoney!! don't worry about duplicating it. i'm sure it will be better each time you try. i went through the same trial and error with the braid out myself. i find that the less braids i make, the more satisfied i am with the results. in fact, i get the best waves when i just take down the bun and go. i thought because my hair is so weighed down with product, it wouldn't hold the waves, but it does. and they stay all day without getting frizzy.

Back