oh Lawd, another LHCF tip gone wrong!!!

nomoweavesfome

I tried that coconut -lime thing and my hair was like:blush:. It had this weird feel too it like it was overprocessed and I had hair all over my hands like it was shedding. I did 3/4 can of cocunut milk and half of a lime. I immediately rised that #$%^ out and put in my amla, shikaikai brahmi brangraj mix and let it sit.

HOW IN THE HAM IS THIS WORKING FOR EVERYBODY ELSE????????????????????? So many people raved about this and my hair was like :ohwell:

my poor hair.
I've found that:

gimme some cones:drunk:
gimme some mineral oil:drunk:
gimme some kemi oil on my hair BEFORE flat ironing.- yes I said it!:yep:
No wash n go's for me
No coconut- lime anything:nono:
No cowashing after 2 weeks post relaxer:nono:
Right now ayurvedic is on the fence.

so far almost the opposite of what the norm is on this board. I just bought mega tek and I'm half scared to death to even try it now.

I tried the flat ironing with no oils tip, my hair was a HAM. it was a dry looking disaster, and I had so much breakage doing it that way. :nono::nono::nono:
I Love LHCF, but if I rode everybody elses bus I will never get home.

I tried that coconut -lime thing and my hair was like:blush:. It had this weird feel too it like it was overprocessed and I had hair all over my hands like it was shedding. I did 3/4 can of cocunut milk and half of a lime. I immediately rised that #$%^ out and put in my amla, shikaikai brahmi brangraj mix and let it sit.

HOW IN THE HAM IS THIS WORKING FOR EVERYBODY ELSE????????????????????? So many people raved about this and my hair was like :ohwell:

my poor hair.
I've found that:

No wash n go's for me

so far almost the opposite of what the norm is on this board. I just bought mega tek and I'm half scared to death to even try it now.

I tried the flat ironing with no oils tip, my hair was a HAM. it was a dry looking disaster, and I had so much breakage doing it that way. :nono::nono::nono:

The lime is very drying/stripping

my poor hair.
I've found that:

No wash n go's for me

Girl I REALLY agree with this, research everything totally before jumping on the bus or bandwagon, I NEVER tried the coconut lime thing , and I was around when it really blew up the first threads. you know why? Because I watched first and saw many come back and say that lime was drying, and I dont remember the amount they said way back then but I know half a lime is too much! Sometimes you just gotta go with WHAT YOU KNOW!

To use MT with Success you really gotta be up on the research, it seems to be a very fine balance of using it right with other things

Girl I REALLY agree with this, research everything totally before jumping on the bus or bandwagon, I NEVER tried the coconut lime thing , and I was around when it really blew up the first threads. you know why? Because I watched first and saw many come back and say that lime was drying, and I dont remember the amount they said way back then but I know half a lime is too much! Sometimes you just gotta go with WHAT YOU KNOW!

To use MT with Success you really gotta be up on the research, it seems to be a very fine balance of using it right with other things

my poor hair.
I've found that:

No wash n go's for me

Wow Ladies, I had not even heard of lime and coconut. Thanks for the warning because I am a person who definately can let curiosity get me in trouble sometimes.
What are we talking about here , coconut oil, or coconut milk? What was suppose to be so fab about it to make you try it?

Wow Ladies, I had not even heard of lime and coconut. Thanks for the warning because I am a person who definately can let curiosity get me in trouble sometimes.
What are we talking about here , coconut oil, or coconut milk? What was suppose to be so fab about it to make you try it?

Its coconut milk and its supposed to be like a natural relaxer

cocunut milk- the concoction is suppose to naturally relax the hair and being that my hair is not ll the way straight and my New growth is off the chain , I thought it would be a good idea. I may just switch back to no -lye - because my hair does better more bonelaxed with no lye - than less than bone laxed with lye. The less than bone lax is making me try too many different things to get the look I want to achieve and this cocunut lime thing was one of them and this is wayyyyy to much manipulation for me. The only benefits with the lye for me is the feel and the shine.

Yes irrist, I jus can't do it. I have been reading all the threads about the mega tek- I'm just not sure. Lot's of ladies are doing the co- wash thing which - for me - mm-mmm. we'll see.

My hair normally likes the opposite of the norm on this board as well. :look: My product staples are not popular and I rarely jump on any band wagon. I have not tried the coconut and lime, however a few years ago I tried coconut milk and my hair didn't care much for it.

Oh wow:blush:.

It has been several years since I used a relaxer with lye. When I am wearing my hair relaxed I use no lye relaxers but I really cannot remember the difference between the two. I am trying not to do alot of them and plan to do the no cut transition once I grow enough hair to wear in an attractive updo without having to add extensions or buy a phony pony.

I guess if I get some coconut milk, I will just have to drink it and keep it out of my hair.

Oh wow:blush:.

It has been several years since I used a relaxer with lye. When I am wearing my hair relaxed I use no lye relaxers but I really cannot remember the difference between the two. I am trying not to do alot of them and plan to do the no cut transition once I grow enough hair to wear in an attractive updo without having to add extensions or buy a phony pony.

I guess if I get some coconut milk, I will just have to drink it and keep it out of my hair.

for overall health and ease of style for me - I have to vote no -lye. I just like the silkiness of lye and I will miss it. I rather drink the crap too.

I know it's aganist the grain, but I like, no my hair likes no lye relaxers much better. I've tried lye 3 times and my hair is like :ohwell::ohwell:

my poor hair.
I've found that:

No wash n go's for me

I once tried using coconut milk (I think Aug/Sept. of last year) and my hair just didn't like it either. Now I just stay away from it. If it works for others, however, then more power to them :yep:.

as far as the ayurvedic goes - yes - my hair feels strong as iron this is great, but detangling that rats nest is the devil!!!! I didn't want to spend my whole 4th of July doing hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idid mostly amla with verylittle shakaki, branraj, and brahmi. I thought amla was sooooo conditiioning??????????
I sat with deep conditioner for like 50 minutes!! What do I need 72 hours??????????????? what's the use of getting strong hair if your'e going to pull and manipulate to get the comb thru????????????????????????????????? This would be perfect if Iwanted DREADS!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am beyond frustrated right now. :wallbash::wallbash:

To hell with this hair thing man!

hair hiatus untll further notice. **********************

Put the lime in the coconut and twist it all up twist it all up twist it all up!:lachen::lachen:
This thread reminds me of that new song they are playing on mtv video channel!:lachen:
:sekret:Please tell me someone heard this song before!:drunk:

Put the lime in the coconut and twist it all up twist it all up twist it all up!:lachen::lachen:
This thread reminds me of that new song they are playing on mtv video channel!:lachen:
:sekret:Please tell me someone heard this song before!:drunk:

I know right- gir,l - (off topic)gimme your baby!!! he's so handsome! I love baby boys!!!!!!!!!!

:sekret:

This might be the worst of all, I am liable to get burned at the stake for this one: I have gone back to washing, flatironing... and touching up my edges with a hot comb in between... sometimes I even bump my ends after a few days. No rewashing or blowdrying, just using heat again on unwashed hair... I use heat protectant and everything. I just don't see the point of washing and blowdrying all over again when I can just put some cones on top of it and straighten it again real quick...:perplexed My hair reverts again regardless so I'm not worried about damage.

cocunut milk- the concoction is suppose to naturally relax the hair and being that my hair is not ll the way straight and my New growth is off the chain , I thought it would be a good idea. I may just switch back to no -lye - because my hair does better more bonelaxed with no lye - than less than bone laxed with lye. The less than bone lax is making me try too many different things to get the look I want to achieve and this cocunut lime thing was one of them and this is wayyyyy to much manipulation for me. The only benefits with the lye for me is the feel and the shine.

Yes irrist, I jus can't do it. I have been reading all the threads about the mega tek- I'm just not sure. Lot's of ladies are doing the co- wash thing which - for me - mm-mmm. we'll see.

Wow I feel soo bad for you. I've never heard of this technique before. You have to do what is best for your hair. Keep us updated

This might be the worst of all, I am liable to get burned at the stake for this one: I have gone back to washing, flatironing... and touching up my edges with a hot comb in between... sometimes I even bump my ends after a few days. No rewashing or blowdrying, just using heat again on unwashed hair... I use heat protectant and everything. I just don't see the point of washing and blowdrying all over again when I can just put some cones on top of it and straighten it again real quick...:perplexed My hair reverts again regardless so I'm not worried about damage.

girl - I'm sayin- I'm no longer gonna look at people on here who does things against the norm and be like :nono:, especially if it's working for them and they are growing and maintaining.

I guess me and you will burn at the stake with a few others.

It's just like being in the 'Garden of Delights'...ya wanna try it all...:blush:

I had a ceremony, cut over an 1" off during the last new moon and dedicated my new growth to avoiding most LHCF's tips...:lachen:

Seriously though...I do love reading about the success others have had using innovative approaches. The only thing which has saved my hair around here is my
very strong desire to use natural/organic products as much as possible and most of the items dearly loved are chem based.

By the way, I tried the coconut and lime...worked great for me..did you pre-poo w/coconut oil? At any rate, I won't try it again because the stuff was dripping everywhere...BUT...I do like the idea of trying milk rinses i.e. using coconut milk/goats milk/almond milk...'I hear' it softens the hurr and just for kicks and giggles....:grin:

Take Care

Your not alone...That coconut lime mix didn't work for me either. It was a drippy mess and I was getting it all in my eyes. I think I lasted 3min before washing it out...

And co-washing doesn't work for me either. Leaves my hair feeling like a matted up mess IRREGARDLESS of what type (expensive/cheap) condish I used....

my poor hair.
I've found that:

No wash n go's for me

Glad to hear I am not the only one who saw nothing good in the coconut/lime mix!! I hated that stuff. It stripped my hair like nobody's business and had me picking lime pulp out of my hair for days :wallbash: I don't think anything has made my hair harder or more tangled.

Oh and for me, mineral oil + cones + frequent clarifying = happy hair.

This is so true! It's hard to remember that what works for some does not work for all :yep:

I totally understand what you mean although I have never tried the coconut & lime treatment. I have gained valuable knowledge being on the forum but now I have to limit my experiments.

Lately my hair has not been agreeing with anything new I do to it. I think my hair is rebelling. :perplexed
Products & methods that are working for most are not working for me. :ohwell:

So now I guess it's back to the basics for my hair.
It's so hard not to try new products, though. :sekret:

I use coconut and lime after I'm about 3 weeks post usually. But I go really light on the lime and add a crapload of con and oils.

The lime actually brings out my little bit of curl/wave pattern nicely after a few weeks of doing it.

girl - I'm sayin- I'm no longer gonna look at people on here who does things against the norm and be like :nono:, especially if it's working for them and they are growing and maintaining.

I guess me and you will burn at the stake with a few others.

I think a lot of the stuff people swear by they are just typing up because it "sounds good":ohwell:... I question some peoples mental health when I see them posting asking if its a good idea to mix 600 different oils and powders and creams together with MSM and MN and MTG and drink it or rub it all on their scalp and let it sit for a week... I realized lately that it isn't that crucial, and it can't be that hard to grow some hair, especially when I didn't have problems before.

I am now officially sticking to what I did before LHCF (minus some things that have worked for me since coming here) and hoping for the best cause bandwagons have made me lose a lot of hair, money and time.

Everyone's hair is a different. I can't use aveda damage remedy and there are those that swear by it Same thing with some conditioners and shampoos.

IMO everyone should research anything we put in our heads BEFORE we decided to just put it up there so and honestly, I can't fault this forum for not putting the knowlege in our hands.

I enjoy the reviews though I may not participate in the bandwagons. Its good info to research on.

At the end of the day, do what works for you. Sometimes that can mean going on a limb and experimenting but there also times when the research you've done says otherwise.:yep:

-A

as far as the ayurvedic goes - yes - my hair feels strong as iron this is great, but detangling that rats nest is the devil!!!! I didn't want to spend my whole 4th of July doing hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idid mostly amla with verylittle shakaki, branraj, and brahmi. I thought amla was sooooo conditiioning??????????
I sat with deep conditioner for like 50 minutes!! What do I need 72 hours??????????????? what's the use of getting strong hair if your'e going to pull and manipulate to get the comb thru????????????????????????????????? This would be perfect if Iwanted DREADS!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am beyond frustrated right now. :wallbash::wallbash:

To hell with this hair thing man!

hair hiatus untll further notice. **********************

Awww Mama you just gotta find whats going to work for YOUR hair and do that, if you want to try something new to see what it will do for you, buy small amounts and try it slowly , dont just fully incorporate it into your regimen untill you know its going to work for you and when all else fails always go back to what you know for you! despite any hype!

I think a lot of the stuff people swear by they are just typing up because it "sounds good":ohwell:... I question some peoples mental health when I see them posting asking if its a good idea to mix 600 different oils and powders and creams together with MSM and MN and MTG and drink it or rub it all on their scalp and let it sit for a week... I realized lately that it isn't that crucial, and it can't be that hard to grow some hair, especially when I didn't have problems before.

I am now officially sticking to what I did before LHCF (minus some things that have worked for me since coming here) and hoping for the best cause bandwagons have made me lose a lot of hair, money and time.
Sorry but that example was too funny :lol:

who gonna burn ya at da stake gurl? dis makes total sense tah me!

Back