OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

I want a believable looking half wig. I love the ones barbie ordered and the hz 7047 is super cute. Know that I can make a decent bantu knot my hair can blend in easily with the curly wigs.

I'm wearing Yasmine now. I really like it, esp. once you give her a few good brushes to loosen the waves. Yasmine and Tammy.....my new joints.

I bought Vanessa Express Weave "La-Lexis" yesterday. It's a bit curlier and fuller than I thought it would be. I'd like to wait for some of the curls to fall before I wear her. She looks good on the package and looked good in the store. :yep:

Hey ladies! :wave: Just stopping by to say that I've been going strong for a few months now with my half-wig. She is worn out and needs to be replaced, but I'm still hanging on.

ETA: Next time I order Tammy by Outre, I might get two. She has been a great blend with my texlaxed edges. :yep: She is a keeper!

Last edited:
I bought Vanessa Express Weave "La-Lexis" yesterday. It's a bit curlier and fuller than I thought it would be. I'd like to wait for some of the curls to fall before I wear her. She looks good on the package and looked good in the store. :yep:

I love Vanessa wigs...I have La Cira and she is the bomb!! The head band that comes with their wigs is great.

Hey ladies! :wave: Just stopping by to say that I've been going strong for a few months now with my half-wig. She is worn out and needs to be replaced, but I'm still hanging on.

ETA: Next time I order Tammy by Outre, I might get two. She has been a great blend with my texlaxed edges. :yep: She is a keeper!

I wore Tammy this weekend and I am 12 weeks post. I only pulled out a little bit of hair in the front and it blended so well.

did you have ONE half wig for a few months??
If so please tell me which one.

I've been enjoying the half wigs but these synthetics seem to only last 3 weeks before it looks like it needs to go back in the box (for good) and DON"T get caught in the rain. :wallbash:

Here's Yasmine:

yasmine22.jpg

yasmine1.jpg

I like that she's on the thin side and not wiggy at all. I ran just a bit of cornstarch thru her with my fingers and voila, human hair! :lol:

I started out this morning with my hair curled/waved and blended in, looking so cute, but the weather said "no mam" :nono: so I was forced to do a side ponytail :ohwell:

^^For sure! Barbie is going to make me order lily, hz7030, and I want to get sabina. Next paycheck or graduation money!

You should definitely get Lilly, I miss her (she's worn out :sad:)

Everytime I wore her I felt like Kim K :giggle:

ETA: I still say HZ 7010 is the best HW i've ever worn. (see my avatar). She's extremely realistic and beautiful, no bumpage or wiggy shine. The model does her no justice. Get her too!!

Last edited:
TCatt that is so pretty. I got the mommy wig today. I brought it in M33/350 bc I like color. It was a bit too much color so I highlighted it with some black dye. It is too cute. I will wear it tonight and take pics.

I love Yasmine!!! I'm glad you are enjoying her. She looks great on you!!! :grin:

Here's Yasmine:

yasmine22.jpg

yasmine1.jpg

I like that she's on the thin side and not wiggy at all. I ran just a bit of cornstarch thru her with my fingers and voila, human hair! :lol:

I started out this morning with my hair curled/waved and blended in, looking so cute, but the weather said "no mam" :nono: so I was forced to do a side ponytail :ohwell:

Do any of you ladies just flat iron the front to blend you straight wigs? I have a wedding to go to and I really don't want to put heat on my whole head. I just want to flat iron the front to blend with my half-wig for the night and then wash it the next day. Any suggestions???

did you have ONE half wig for a few months??
If so please tell me which one.

I've been enjoying the half wigs but these synthetics seem to only last 3 weeks before it looks like it needs to go back in the box (for good) and DON"T get caught in the rain. :wallbash:

i know you arent talking to me but i wore tammy for 3 months daily and she's still holding up

Do any of you ladies just flat iron the front to blend you straight wigs? I have a wedding to go to and I really don't want to put heat on my whole head. I just want to flat iron the front to blend with my half-wig for the night and then wash it the next day. Any suggestions???

This is what I do when I want to wear a straight half wig, but only on freshly washed & conditioned hair. Works out perfectly!

I have been wear the mommy wig pretty much like half. I love it.

mommw.jpg

mommyw2.jpg

mommyw4.jpg

I added the black to the 33/350 and everyone thinks it's my hair. Go figure, bc people are always calling my natural hair a weave.

the ones i ordered!
BTW would I be able to take out the combs and put the clips that you use for clip in extensions in their place???
QW_Yasmine_S.jpg

HZ7052_L.jpg

HZ7047_L.jpg

Keeping the thread alive....

I tried a new look. Straight long with bangs; not really my cup of tea, but I was happy to have tried something different. I'll try to add pics to this post when I get home but here's the link in the meantime:

http://www.hairwegrow-again.com/2010/04/half-wig-review-hairsense-bangs.html

Btw,
Filmatic, that Mommy wig looks so cute on you.

Chelliepie, let us know how those wigs turn out...I had the last one of your pics. It was real cute.

I'm lovin my current half wig, but I now have my eye on Outre "Jessica." It looks really good from most of the vids I've seen on youtube. :yep: Love the full curls! It looks so realistic as well. Anyone have this wig?? I'd love to see pics! I'll probably order it soon, though...

Gabulldawg, I LOVE the Jessica wig; I have some pics but the only thing is that I didn't paly around with it enough and finger out the curls at that time; now I learn that wig can stand the test of time and can be maniplulated without loosing it's curls:

http://www.hairwegrow-again.com/2010/01/half-wig-review-outre-jessica.html

In the link, you'll find links to Ateyaa's review on it; it was SOOOO nice. And now my Jessica wig is old and worn but looks even better with age. Two thumbs up to that wig from me. :)

Back