October 2013 Hits & Misses

Elasta QP DPR 11 was a miss with me...

Dunno why, but it didn't really do much for my hair :s
I co sign.
It just coats my hair making it greasy and dull.

Cont Hit: Ojon Restorative treatment,Shescent it Okra.
Hit: Joico Moisture Shampoo ,
Eva Argan oil with diamond powder ,contains cyclomethicone but it leaves my hair incredibly soft .

Miss : miss Jessie s silkener. Left hair hard,frizzy and dry

Last edited:
Miss I'm trying to make a Hit:
Adding MSM to my products
**I'm open for suggestions.

Continued Hit:
Hairitage Hydration Jar of Joe
Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows

Hit - Using Bel Nouvo's Coco Castor Pudding in place of gel for bunning.
I tried this one morning when I noticed I was out of gel. I spritzed the perimeter of my hair with water and applied some pudding smoothing back with a brush. I then tied my hair down with a scarf for 10-15 minutes and I was ready to go. The hold was that of a gel without the hardness and my hair felt soft and moisturized.

Hits:
-buns
-daily cowashing w/ Edens BodyWorks Coconut Shea CoWash

Miss:
-protein treatment on dry hair. - resulted in a 1.5 detangling session :(

Thanks, I didn't realize you could use different hair. I always see those crinkly braided hair sets. Yours looks very natural.

Continued Hits:
Hairveda's Conditioners for cowashing
Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein DC'er
Kizuri Beauty's Nourish Hair Oil
KeraVada's Hair Oils

Newest Hit:
Chas Melecio Banana Detangler

>continuous hit<
KERAVADA.. Duhhhhhh
More specifically, this COTTON CANDY scent. Have MERCY!!!! I want to lick it..

TeeBee

Cotton Candy is N*I*C*E:lick:

Yep Lita hipped me to that one.

Pumpkin Spice is good too!:grin:

TeeBee Just what IDareT'sHair said,agree with you both..Kera cotton candy smells yummy...Yummy..Pumpkin is nice too,warm vanilla is soft/settle.

Happy Hair Growing!
@IDareT'sHair @Lita The scent is more so what I expected the Warm Vanilla to be, but better. (I also have warm vanilla, and found it to be too soft) I'm hesitant to try the pumpkin spice, so thx for rec! I want to try the Fenugreek ya'll keep raving about, so I'll get that in pumpkin.

Revisited Hit:
Claudie's Protein Renew (*need to shop my stash more*):love:

Continued Hits:
Kizuri Beauty's Olive & Shea Moisture Butter
JBCO & HBCO
Tea & Coffee Rinses

Miss-Hairitage hydration soft coconut marshmallows-- disappointed, tried this every which way and it did nothing for my hair. Just sits There.

Miss-Ojon restorative treatment- as a relaxed head this was heavenly, now it's just trash.

Hit-taliah waajid protective mist bodifyer-turned out to be a life saver when the Hairitage soft coconut didn't provide any sort of slip/moisture/manageability.

On the fence-Hairitage big city punch-
Seemed to kinda moisturize but nothing spectacular.

Wash day today was more of a walk down memory lane..that being said, I have a few things I need to get off my chest *clears throat*:
My LOVER and dearest friend, Camille Rose Algae DC..How have I been managing without you??!! The HAYLE was I thinking?? It's been months, but I'm so glad we reconnected today. I promise to make time for you from now on.
Knot Today? I am SO sorry for thinking I needed to replace you! You cost $11.99 for a reason, and you are worth every cent, plus the dayum tax.
And lastly, I just want to give a special shout out to my hooded dryer. My hair takes aaalll friggin day to dry, so I sat under the dryer for a bit to give me a leg up on this braidout. Air drying the rest of the way.

Miss: Hairitage Hydration honey hash. Left it tangled/did not condition my hair at all.

Somewhat of a hit: Hairitage Hydration soft coconut marshmallows under blue eco. My wash n go has movement, body, and is soft. It didn't do much for detangling. I have to try it some more. I probably wont repurchase cause I have a lot of other leave ins that are decent.

Miss: Buying online- Im kinda over buying hair products at the moment. I have enough.

Miss, miss, miss: Sarenzo Bath & Body Chocolate Butter. What I received looks nothing like the pictures. It is hard and has beads in it that are intact and do not spread or melt at all.

Sigh. Companies like this make me not want to try any new vendor.

Last edited:
Miss, miss, miss: Sarenzo Bath & Body
Sigh. Companies like this make me not want to try any new vendor.

Ogoma

This company is an EPIC FAIL.:rolleyes:

It took me about 6-9 weeks to get my order. I had to file a PayPal Dispute. I no longer wanted it.

As soon as it arrived, I listed it on the Exchange Forum.

Beamodel Another Sorenzo disaster.:nono:

Back