OBSESSED with Garnier Fructis

Are you obsessed with Garnier Fructis

• H*ll yea, I can't get enough of this line.

Votes: 81 27.7%
  • That stuff is a joke! Never again!

Votes: 53 18.2%
  • I only use it on occasion, and it works pretty well.

Votes: 110 37.7%
  • I have not tried it yet because of cones, etc.

Votes: 52 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I completely forgot that I used Garnier the last time I washed and flat ironed my hair. I used some type of con in a tube. I think it was 3 min con or something like that. I found it while cleaning the closet and I couldn't find the tub of Hairveda Deep Con that I bought last month so I gave it a try. :lachen:Anyway, it worked really well.

I'm addicted to their Melting Mask Conditioners, the Moisture and the Strength and Repair other than that i'm cool with everything else. I have a new love affair going with the VO5 Moisture Milks in Strawberry's and Cream. I can be on a deserted Island with that stuff and be cool til help arrives ;)

The moisture works conditioner worked well for me as a cowash, but I am trying to eliminate cones from my reggie, so I have been using the V05 moisture milks line instead

I love it, but now i'm in a transitio of productsm want t try diff things to see what my hair loves the most. From Garnier i like the Oil Repair line ... it left my hair very mositurized and shiny

I swore against cheapies but I found a real gem in their new line--Triple Nutrition. I used the 3-minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment(triple nutrition line). it has shea butter, olive oil, and avocado oil. It is the business and I went back to Walmart and bought 2 more bottles.

I'm drooling!
I tried length and strength and it hardened my hair _ too heavy on protein.

I mix it w/a moisture con and it's a no fail strengthener!

Now I want to branch out!

I love the whole sleek and shine line! It works wonders on my hair. I love how soft it makes it and it takes away the frizzies from my curls.

These products are the bees knees for a great many of you ladies, however I thought I would pass on a bit of information to you. Whenever I find a product that I am considering purchasing I always check the ingredients to see if there is a name that I immediately recognized as an ingredient that researchers say cause/might cause health issues.

A couple of the ladies gave great reviews of the Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Wax. Glancing through the ingredients list I spy two names that I always see together and when I do I leave the product on the shelf. They are Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and the related compound butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT).

Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Wax
Ingredients list
AquaWater, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate , ParfumFragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodiium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional, BHA, BHT, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexine Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Limonene, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Benzyl Benzoate, Yellow 5CI 19140, Citrus LimonumLemon Extract, Blue 1CI 42090,

Are BHA and BHT safe? Both BHA and BHT have undergone the additive application and review process required by the US Food and Drug Administration. However, the same chemical properties which make BHA and BHT excellent preservatives may also be implicated in health effects. The oxidative characteristics and/or metabolites of BHA and BHT may contribute to carcinogenicity or tumorigenicity; however the same reactions may combat oxidative stress. There is evidence that certain persons may have difficulty metabolizing BHA and BHT, resulting in health and behavior changes. BHA and BHT may have antiviral and antimicrobial activities. Research is underway concerning the use of BHT in the treatment of herpes simplex and AIDS.

Chemistry of BHA and BHT Food Preservatives

By Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/foodcookingchemistry/a/bha-bht-preservatives.htm

These products are the bees knees for a great many of you ladies, however I thought I would pass on a bit of information to you. Whenever I find a product that I am considering purchasing I always check the ingredients to see if there is a name that I immediately recognized as an ingredient that researchers say cause/might cause health issues.

A couple of the ladies gave great reviews of the Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Wax. Glancing through the ingredients list I spy two names that I always see together and when I do I leave the product on the shelf. They are Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and the related compound butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT).

Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Wax
Ingredients list
AquaWater, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate , ParfumFragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodiium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional, BHA, BHT, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexine Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Limonene, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Benzyl Benzoate, Yellow 5CI 19140, Citrus LimonumLemon Extract, Blue 1CI 42090,

Are BHA and BHT safe? Both BHA and BHT have undergone the additive application and review process required by the US Food and Drug Administration. However, the same chemical properties which make BHA and BHT excellent preservatives may also be implicated in health effects. The oxidative characteristics and/or metabolites of BHA and BHT may contribute to carcinogenicity or tumorigenicity; however the same reactions may combat oxidative stress. There is evidence that certain persons may have difficulty metabolizing BHA and BHT, resulting in health and behavior changes. BHA and BHT may have antiviral and antimicrobial activities. Research is underway concerning the use of BHT in the treatment of herpes simplex and AIDS.

Chemistry of BHA and BHT Food Preservatives

By Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/foodcookingchemistry/a/bha-bht-preservatives.htm

Ive already consulted my dictionary, however it would have been nice if you broke this down in laymans terms.

For the laymen
carcinogenicity
the ability or tendency to produce cancer

tumorigenic [-jen′ik] Etymology: L, tumor, swelling; Gk, genein, to produce

capable of producing tumors.

BHA and BHT may have antiviral and antimicrobial activities.

which is unusual and contradicts the two words above.

I've only used Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner for my DCs and I like the smell and the DC's consistency...The price was even better! $2.99.....
Need to see if I can get more of it...

I use to LOVE the strong and sleek line when I first started my journey. I have since moved on to other products. But I would recommend this to anybody. It is good stuff, many different lines, and an affordable price.

I love the Brilliantine Water-based wax! I use it daily with GREAT results! Lays down my edges like no other! LOVE IT!

I also use the Length & Strength products. Once I am completely natural (or mostly), I will try their curly line!

Nothing mositurizes my hair better than the sllek in shine leave in conditioning creme. I am transitioning and it is a challenge to find a moisturizer that both textures like. GARNIER is the truth! now I wanna try the curl and shine leave in conditioning creme also the wax.

Walmart has Garnier Fructis gift sets for like $9.88. It comes with shampoo, conditioner, 3 minute treatment conditioner and a bonus Maybelline lip gloss. Of course, I got one for myself:grin:

what are cones?
Cones are ingredients such as Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, etc, that are sometimes added to hair products to add an artificial shine, Sulfate containing shampoos are the only shampoos that can cleanse cones from the hair. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate are sulfates. They strip the hair of its natural, protective layer of oils and rough up the cuticles, leading to damage. That's why cones are the "boogey man" at LHCH. I'VE LEARNED A LOT LURKING AT LHCF!!! Hope this helps.:notworthy

Ive already consulted my dictionary, however it would have been nice if you broke this down in laymans terms.

For the laymen
carcinogenicity
the ability or tendency to produce cancer

tumorigenic [-jen′ik] Etymology: L, tumor, swelling; Gk, genein, to produce

capable of producing tumors.

BHA and BHT may have antiviral and antimicrobial activities.

which is unusual and contradicts the two words above.

What two words? If you mean chemicals can't be antiviral/antimicrobial AND carcinogenic, I don't see how those are related. Stuff that can kill microbes can also kill humans.

My hair is so picky! this is the only product that works for my hair. Every other product my hair dries frizzy, I often make early judgements, my hair feels like butter in the shower, I jump onto viewpoints or rateitall when I just got out of the shower and type of a rave review. then 5 hours later it dries into a frizzy disaster. this includes Herbal essences(Hello hydration, hydracious, none of your frizziness), Trader Joes nourish spa moisturizing balancing, Aussie moist, Suave humecant and (drumroll plz) coconut oil.....thats it 4 now. :look: lol

The only standing contenders were my Garnier Fructis triple nutrition conditioner and my garnier sleek n shine moisture milks leave in. :lick: Next I'm gonna try out Garnier long and strong.

Garnier is my LIFE (goes off to make a picture of Garnier triple nutrition her avatar :grin:)

I have never tried this line because of the cones and sulfates but I would like to try the curl & shine curling gel. It seemed like everyone who tried it liked it. I will look for it as soon as I hit the BSS.

tried the conditioners, they are okay, but too many cones for me and my hair; and too much fragrance

Last edited:
I haven't tried it yet, because I don't want to be a PJ, so I didn't vote.

BTW, my hair love cones.

I bought the New Triple Nutrition Conditioner for the shower and I gotta say...absolutely comparable to Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Conditioner. It just really gave my hair great slip and a ton of moisture. It was beautiful.

well i have tried the Sleek and Shine Conditioner, and i didn't really like it. it didn't provide any moisture, slip, or hold for my hair, nor did the leave-in. my hair was dry with these.

i also tried the triple nutrition deep treatement, and i didn't like that either. my hair was dry after rinsing and it felt stripped, and also, those stupid little balls did not disolve! some are still in my hair. :lol:

Back