OBSESSED with Garnier Fructis

Are you obsessed with Garnier Fructis

• H*ll yea, I can't get enough of this line.

Votes: 81 27.7%
  • That stuff is a joke! Never again!

Votes: 53 18.2%
  • I only use it on occasion, and it works pretty well.

Votes: 110 37.7%
  • I have not tried it yet because of cones, etc.

Votes: 52 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use a few products from the garnier line. I have the Length & Strength Shampoo and conditioner, the leave in, and the brialliantine wet gel. I really love the way they smell and. The anti-split ends leave in is my favorite I use it all the time on dry hair.

The only thing I can use is their leave in conditioner for wash and goes. Everything else died my hair out something serious. I still have some shampoo and conditioner and I don't know what to do with it.

Yep, I use the leave-in daily with castor oil an use the conditioner weekly for deep conditioning and co-washing!!

I'm transitioning and wearing a phony pony as a protective style. I just started using Garnier on 9/4/08 and yes, I am obsessed. :grin:

I have cowashed with Strength & Repair almost daily since 9/4/08 and then used the length & strength anti split end leave-in and finished with brilliante shine wax (strong). I was using IC Fantasia gel but the shine wax give me better results.

I had never even looked twice at Garnier Fructis in all these years but AOHSR is a bit too pricey to cowash with daily.

Sleek & Shine condish does NOTHING for my hair and I have a huge bottle of it (only used it like 3 times). Strength & Repair only comes in the 13 oz bottle so far which lasts about 2 weeks (with daily cowashing).

i loved the sleek and shine line when my hair is straight.

i will probably use it again this fall. i dont mind the smell either.

i have the shampoo and conditioner but have never used it, i just got it because i like that color green...

I just fell in love with it this morning (second time around and not going back).
The night before last I did a wash and overnight dc with cholesterol and rinsed last night.
Last night I tried the melting mask and the 3 minute conditioner for dry/frizzy hair overnight and my natural hair was so smooth and tangle free, it didn't really shrink too much and wasn't a full crazy mess.
Tonight I will air dry it. I have a little eco styler gel on my hair now, the yellow and will see how the shrinkage is. I will be using this stuff daily to tame the mane!!!!
For now, I just pull my hair back and I never really got into the line before b/c I bought some products, they were confiscated at the airport (should have checked them) and then never went back. I will have to pick up some of that curl cream and that wax they took from me.

Last edited:
I have cowashed with Strength & Repair almost daily since 9/4/08 and then used the length & strength anti split end leave-in and finished with brilliante shine wax (strong).

I have been cowashing with this conditioner for the last 6 months and it has left my hair so strong and moisturized. I can't wait to get up in the morning to use this stuff!

I love the Moisture Works condish. It gave me hair some good slip after clarifying. I think I'm gonna try it as a rinse.

The strength & repair is not working for me right now, as I have protein overload, so I'll try it again when I get my balance back. :yep:

I LOVE their Strength & Repair line. It just does something for me. I wash once a week and co wash once or twice a week, and this line is perfect for that, even on a tight budget. I can never go wrong with it. It leaves my hair so soft and healthy. It detangles well also. I especially love the Melting Masque.

I LOVE their Strength & Repair line. It just does something for me. I wash once a week and co wash once or twice a week, and this line is perfect for that, even on a tight budget. I can never go wrong with it. It leaves my hair so soft and healthy. It detangles well also. I especially love the Melting Masque.

I like the Melting Masque's too.

Especially when they're on sale at Rite-Aid, I get it alot cheaper; most likely free after rebate! :grin:

They usually have the trial size bottles in some stores. I think I might try it or go on their website to see if they offer samples.

I just used the 3 min mask, awesome.
But I really hate the creamy leave in con. It was really gunky and heavy. Failed to detangle my hair. guess its not for my hair.

the water wax is AWESOME on my 4a 4b natural hair. It lays it down and I get shine for days w/softness. I hope they never discontinue it

I am so loving this line! I tried the Length and Strength and Sleek and Shine conditioners for the first time about a month ago. I am stretching my relaxer (at 9 weeks post right now) and the conditioners and leave ins make my hair very easy to detangle. I now use the conditioners for CO washing 2x week, and follow with the Sleek and Shine leave in, Smoothing Milk, Serum, and coconut oil. I use all of this on my wet hair and air dry or under a soft bonnet dryer in a ponytail rollerset. When my hair is fully dried, it still feels moisturized,especially the ends. I started using the 3 min masks this week as a DC on dry hair. :drunk:I think I can finally stop flat ironing for smooth, frizz free hair. I love how soft, smooth, shiny this line makes my hair feel. My SO even commented on how soft my hair is and can't keep his hands out of my hair. :grin: I am still experimenting with the products to see which ones I absolutely have to have since I think they have mostly the same ingredients, but overall the Garnier line is a keeper.

I love these products. I use:

1) Anti-Dandruff shampoo-n-conditioner in one
2) Creamy Conditioner (Length-n-Strength)
3) 3 minute mask (sleek-n-shine)
4) Smoothing Milk (my leave-in for roller sets)
5) Regular sleek-n-shine leave in as a leave in and daily moisturizer
6) Serum (for airdrying, random shine)

I want to try some other products, but these work so well on my hair! My only issue is that I wanted to move to natural products and these are full of chemicals.....

Strength and repair has ALOT of slip. I don't use the shampoo but I do use the conditioner. Wow... I'm nearly 5 months post and this stuff is fantastic (can get the denman to the root and barely lose a hair)

The downside to this con is that it makes the shower bottom very slippery.

I use the sleek and shine leave in but only a dab or 2. I never need much of that stuff (so it lasts a long time) I'm thinking of getting a new moisterizer once its gone though. I like it ok but my hair likes to reject stuff once in a while, so I've started to rotate things.

-A

Strength & Repair is my line too. At 10+ months post, I am having no problems with slip. Sleek & Shine did nothing for me. I gave away a huge bottle of S&S condish to a coworker on Wednesday.

I use the Length & Strength leave-in (anti split end).

Strength and repair has ALOT of slip. I don't use the shampoo but I do use the conditioner. Wow... I'm nearly 5 months post and this stuff is fantastic (can get the denman to the root and barely lose a hair)

The downside to this con is that it makes the shower bottom very slippery.

I use the sleek and shine leave in but only a dab or 2. I never need much of that stuff (so it lasts a long time) I'm thinking of getting a new moisterizer once its gone though. I like it ok but my hair likes to reject stuff once in a while, so I've started to rotate things.

-A

Strength & Repair is my line too. At 10+ months post, I am having no problems with slip. Sleek & Shine did nothing for me. I gave away a huge bottle of S&S condish to a coworker on Wednesday.

I use the Length & Strength leave-in (anti split end).

I'll have to try that:yep:

-A

Back