NYC Chicks - Optima Beauty Supply in NYC...

MonaLisa

Hey NYC chicks...just sharing a moment...

during my moment of weakness today...where I vowed I wasn't buying no new ish...(strolled into Vitamin Shoppe for my vitamins...and lo and behold...saw 1 lg bottle of the new AO GPB and 1 small bottle of the old version...scooped them right up)

I was down near John Street and strolled into Optima Beauty Supply(I know someone knows the exact addy) - I eyed a Good Day Hair Pin (copped one of course) then my eyes fell upon the Flat Irons.

I spoke with one of the people there...told her about the site (she scribbled it down - hmmmm...lol) and asked about the irons. She then told me that you can test it on your hair (I believe the models that they have out on display, fhi, solano, etc.) before purchasing. Mo was like.."Wordddd???" So I think I will be getting my flat iron from there soon enough.

Also, I asked about gift certificates...and was informed that they are working on it...(I asked cause I don't wanna pay for the flat iron...lol) and that should be happening soon.

Thank you for letting me share.

cutebajangirl said:
How much are their solano's ( if you priced them)?

hmm....I looked at this really nice one they had on display...I could've had a crack moment...so don't hold me to this...but I think it was 109 or in that range...a lil more or less Price is Right style.

It's on John and Nassau...... I miss that place.... :(

There's also used to be a HUGE salon next door that carried an amazing assortment of high end products at semi discounted prices. Worth checking out if it's still there...

THAT WAS OPTIMA :shocked:

GOSH! I miss that place 2. Before i even knew about hair I was in there. That place had every dang thing known to MAN!

Optima is the bomb. Place is huge. :) The only other bss to beat them out in terms of product variety, quantity and quality is Rays on 8th Avenue and 45th Street, except they don't have the attitude that Rays does. There's a bss in downtown Brooklyn called Feel Beauty Supply that's really good, and huge, but I'd be skeptical of buying a flat iron there. I don't recognize the names of any of their flat irons, and if it doesn't get raves on this board it doesn't count, in my opinion.:lol:

Back