BSS that are WONDERFUL in NYC?

I found almost everthing I wanted on 125th Street at Feel Beauty Bss.
This one sold salon and Dominican products.
I was glad to they had Alfaparf and Salerm Silk vial products.
Apollo Beauty Supply had the hard to find items I was looking for spent too much money.

Thanks for this info ladies...thinking about going to the ibeautyny store and now I see there are other great places!

hey lilchocolatema!

I remember your post about coming to NY. Glad things worked for you:)

I don't know where you are in NY. But there is this BSS in dowtown brooklyn that I really like. They have cheaper prices than other BSS and they carry things that I couldnt find anywhere else.

If you're on brooklyn they are on fulton street and flatbush, I think. I believe they are called Hair Wig. I think a KFC is two doors up from them.

You can take the 2,3,4,5 to nevins street or B,Q, R to dekalb avenue.

Thanks! I stay near Columbia University, but I know the subways much better now, so I'll def check them ALL out. I'm gonna go to the Rama Beauty Supply on 105th and Amsterdam tomorrow, since its close. Yay!

locabouthair said:
hey lilchocolatema!

I remember your post about coming to NY. Glad things worked for you:)

I don't know where you are in NY. But there is this BSS in dowtown brooklyn that I really like. They have cheaper prices than other BSS and they carry things that I couldnt find anywhere else.

If you're on brooklyn they are on fulton street and flatbush, I think. I believe they are called Hair Wig. I think a KFC is two doors up from them.

You can take the 2,3,4,5 to nevins street or B,Q, R to dekalb avenue.

There is a BSS right across from Penn Station (diagonal to the Border's book store). The name escapes me right now, but I will be up there this weekend and will post with the name and address. The store was stocked with EVERYTHING Dominican

Bump...I'm headed to NYC this weekend. Trying to stock UP on some dominican products. Thanks in advance, if anyone can suggest :D

I got my dominican products downtown bk. There are at least 4 stores downtown and everyone of them had most dominican products i have to come back with addresses for you.

Cinnespice...Thank you so much. I am going to be in Manhattan for sure and will try to convince hubby to go elsewhere.

Fell Beauty Supply

370 Fulton St Brooklyn,NY 11201
This one i close to borough hall.

There is another one about 2 blocks down from fell that i can't find the name also.

Hair Wig Beauty Supply
530 Fulton St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718-855-0250
This is the one i go to closest stop is nevins street. It was the cheapest one.
But pretty much they all had domincan products, I lost my mind cause i didn't know which one to pick so i just bought ms keys 10 in 1, I might try alter ego next. Im not sure about manhattan. I stick to brooklyn because manhattan is always pricer for no reason.

Fell Beauty Supply

370 Fulton St Brooklyn,NY 11201
This one i close to borough hall.

There is another one about 2 blocks down from fell that i can't find the name also.

Hair Wig Beauty Supply
530 Fulton St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718-855-0250
This is the one i go to closest stop is nevins street. It was the cheapest one.
But pretty much they all had domincan products, I lost my mind cause i didn't know which one to pick so i just bought ms keys 10 in 1, I might try alter ego next. Im not sure about manhattan. I stick to brooklyn because manhattan is always pricer for no reason.

Thank you for this info!! Are you familiar with Ricky's? I am thinking about going there. I also googled to see if the iBeauty/Happy Beauty Town place is still open..It is, so I REALLY wanna go there. They have a website also.

Thank you for this info!! Are you familiar with Ricky's? I am thinking about going there. I also googled to see if the iBeauty/Happy Beauty Town place is still open..It is, so I REALLY wanna go there. They have a website also.

Your welcome. I think I beauty is still open. I have never been there but thats where i was going to go. From what i read on some the threads you have to have a license to buy some of the stuff??? Then i said to myself downtown bk have everything they should have what i want. Sure enough they did. If they don't have always ask cause sometimes they have it hidden. I have also been to ricky's. They have some stuff that you might not be able to find downtown brooklyn like mixed chicks and other stuff but i thought they were kinda pricey....depends what your looking for, but they don't sell domnican products there at all but still nice to look around.

If I was actually staying in the city, we'd have to meet up to tour the BSS lol...

I wanted to try Ricky's for just that reason, Mixed Chicks. I want to give this line a try, minus shipping and handling. :) I will let you know how I make out once I get back :D

If I was actually staying in the city, we'd have to meet up to tour the BSS lol...

I wanted to try Ricky's for just that reason, Mixed Chicks. I want to give this line a try, minus shipping and handling. :) I will let you know how I make out once I get back :D
Lol okay if you do need anything else let me know. Oh do you know where i have found other hair products too....whole food markets thats where i got my aubrey organics shampoo from. For some reason the product junkie in me keeps stumbling upon places to take my paycheck away.

Back