Nu-B...Long hair, but no hairline (Help!)

miasgaddy

It's good to be able to access a website that helps sista's out with their long hair care issues. :) My hair grows long and right now it's a little above shoulder length right now. I just got a touch up on 11/24/06 after 4-5 months of new growth and would like to start the process of going natural, but would need assistance in determining what prods would be best for this process. Could someone tell me what my hair type is (i.e. fine, thin hair)? What I've read so far on this site is awesome! :) Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward in communicating with you in the future. ;) Happy holidays!

Always love....
Miss Mia

No one can tell you what your hair type is without pics, unless I overlooked them. Starting out you should be able to use the same products you are using now during your transition because you will have more relaxed hair than natural hair.

Welcome to the Naptural side!:D Your hair will love you for it:grin:

1) If you are trying to be more aware of what products you use on your hair...BEWARE: you may run into some trouble as a newbie and become a product junkie. (This stems from wanting to try everything new anyone reccommends in an effort to figure out what is best for your hair.
2) I would reccommend that you try to use up your current products (as the previous poster noted); unless they contain ingridients that you've figured out are not a friends of your hairn (for me, this was any product that contained mineral oil, it took me forever to figure out that this stuff just sat on my hair.
3) READ OLD THREADS! Use use use the search engine! If there is a product out there, chances are that someone on LHCF has tried it and probably written a review and possibly done a poll. This will also help you when you're trying to figure out what new products to buy when your old products run out.
4) Become a kitchen cook and figure out if you can make an old product better before you throw it out. EX. Thinking about ditching your old conditioner for something more moisturizing...try adding honey...there are tons of tips like this in the make your own products forum.
5) FORGET Hair typing...at least for the moment...a lot of times the hair typing system just doesn't work for everyones hair. Instead of listening to recs based soley on the hair type of the reccommender, listen instead to what problems they say they have with their hair...I have learned a lot more from some of my 3b sistas than I would ever have thought.
6) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have fun and enjoy your hair in all stages. Whether you BC or transition, becoming natural requires that you learn to love, know and appreciate your natural hair. This is a lot harder if you don't learn to take care of it in all its stages.

Best of luck and don't be afraid to speak up if you stumble onto anything...newbies can often provide great info! HTH!:D

Welcome to the board, girl! :) So glad you decided to join. Im sure you'll find all the information/support that you need here! Happy Hair Growing, and best of luck filling in your hair line!

Welcome to LHCF.
I am sure you will find lots of support here. :)
You good do a search on products for the hairline. That should be a good starting place. Good luck!

Back