Now they are experts! Grr...[RANT]

O-ren

So my mom (who relaxed my hair when I was four) and my sister, who doesn't remember her natural hair, both became natural hair experts within 10 minutes.

Today, I showed both of them a hair inspiration of mine whose hair was huge and beautiful (!) and they both immediately knew everything about her hair and my hair and end the end I just regretted showing them at all.

My sister: "She has a lot of hair, but that's too hard and too much to handle. Uh uh."

Me: "Her hair is blown out that's why it looks so huge."

My sister: "Yeah but even when she has to wash it, she has so much to do to get it back curly. That is too much work. :nono:"

Me (thinking): Her hair is naturally curly so once the water hits it, it's going to revert... I give up. :ohwell:

My mom: "Oooo yeah your hair is gonna get like that. And when it does, you gonna be running back to a perm."

Me: "Nope. I love it."

My mom: "Yeah you say that now. And when it gets long, I'm not helping you either."

Me (thinking): Wow. Okay. Geez. Why did I even bring it up. :wallbash:

And one other thing my mom seems not to understand is that, just because my hair isn't dripping like Soul Glo, doesn't mean my hair isn't moisturized. I had just taken the baggy off one day and she says, "You need to moisturize that hair like 4 times a day!"

I think I'm just gonna keep my hair journey between me, my friends, and you ladies from now on. But it's all cool. I'm in good company. :look:

Let them keep talking slick. You just worry about your HHJ and watch them start biting their tongues when people are walking up to you with compliments and accolades. :yep:

Eventually they'll start asking you for advice and then you can play simple too. :look:

Bump them. Keep doing you. When I BCed my mom and sis talked about me too. Now that it's growing they're all compliments like I said the name Mufasa. :rolleyes: I knew it would happen so keep your head up.

Sometimes you just have to be quiet and show by example.

When you reach your goals they will either be asking what you have done or the green eyed jealousy monster will rear it ugly head.

Well what they said wasn't so bad, at least they entertain the idea that you could actually have hair like that. If that convo went with me and my mom she'd make me feel like lowest creature.

I feel you, keep the hair conversation with the ones who will support you.

At least they actually believe that your hair can grow long. AND at least they know about moisturizing hair!

And one other thing my mom seems not to understand is that, just because my hair isn't dripping like Soul Glo, doesn't mean my hair isn't moisturized. I had just taken the baggy off one day and she says, "You need to moisturize that hair like 4 times a day!"
:

Thank you, maam! What is it with some folks with the whole greasy mess =moisture? :perplexed

Back