Steamers and relaxed heads

Brittster, get one, find a place for it, by your bed anywhere you'll love it, if you have space in your closet get it get it get it. :D

Am I making this easier for you LOL :)

Laidback how did your steaming go and ladies what steamer do you have, also what is the price range for one? TIA

I have the Ultra Light steamer from SalonsRus.com it cost $109.00 I believe. It is so worth it. It says you can use tap water, I still use distilled water after doing careful research because distilled has no minerals or any calcium for building up like regular water does. :)

Brittster, get one, find a place for it, by your bed anywhere you'll love it, if you have space in your closet get it get it get it. :D

Am I making this easier for you LOL :)

Girllll, the only thing I can possible make room for is prob a countertoop steamer which I don't even really have a table to put that on top :perplexed. I have a studio apt and the table I do have is more like a bar stool type table. I do have a Pibbs tho :grin:. If I had more space I'd def invest in a steamer.

Thanks JJamiah was it easy to assemble? Since I am in Canada I will look locally, when I am ready to buy. I see what people mean taking up space. Now I wonder where I can put it when not in use. Hum...

:think:
You know what they need is a built in steamer and dryer in one now that is an idea!

Last edited:
Thanks JJamiah was it easy to assemble? Since I am in Canada I will look locally, when I am ready to buy. I see what people mean taking up space. Now I wonder where I can put it when not in use. Hum...

:think:
You know what they need is a built in steamer and dryer in one now that is an idea!

SHHHH... Don't speak your ideas here, companies scope the forums and steal ideas.

But yes it was easy to me to put together even though the directions are crap and my Yte girl friends call me the BLONDE of the group so that goes to show you, you don't need a law degree to put it together. If you get the same one I can walk you through it! :P

Last edited:
How do you incorporate protein into your steaming regimen? I found that when I was steaming weekly my hair became over moisturized but that's also because I was forgoing my protein treatments. :nono: And when I would remember to dc with protein, I would steam my protein treatments,which didn't quite work for me. :ohwell: Or maybe the protein I was using wasn't strong enough? :perplexed

Any suggestions? Can you also indicate whether or not you prepoo as well? Based on what I've read from the thread, there are some ladies who steam during their prepoo and DC, how are you able to maintain the moisture/protein balance?

How do you incorporate protein into your steaming regimen? I found that when I was steaming weekly my hair became over moisturized but that's also because I was forgoing my protein treatments. :nono: And when I would remember to dc with protein, I would steam my protein treatments,which didn't quite work for me. :ohwell: Or maybe the protein I was using wasn't strong enough? :perplexed

Any suggestions? Can you also indicate whether or not you prepoo as well? Based on what I've read from the thread, there are some ladies who steam during their prepoo and DC, how are you able to maintain the moisture/protein balance?

I use Aphogee 2 minute every week before my dc steam treatment. This is how I balance it out. Every 8 weeks or so I do a hardcore Aphogee treatment and I follow with a moisturizing conditioner with steam. My hair is not mushy or overmoisturized. I always dc with steam for an hour and follow up with Roux PC.

I don't prepoo. I tried but I didn't experience any added benefits in doing it. I just ended up using more product that could have been used for my dc.

I found that also; I was getting over moisturized. Now I steam Motions CPR/ aphogee 2 minute or another protein then I use a cap and leave my moisture on. Definitely for me was the wayt o go.

I use Aphogee 2 minute every week before my dc steam treatment. This is how I balance it out. Every 8 weeks or so I do a hardcore Aphogee treatment and I follow with a moisturizing conditioner with steam. My hair is not mushy or overmoisturized. I always dc with steam for an hour and follow up with Roux PC.

I don't prepoo. I tried but I didn't experience any added benefits in doing it. I just ended up using more product that could have been used for my dc.

What is the difference between a hardcore protein treatment and a regualr protein treatment? I've always seen it mentioned on the board but don't what it is, thanks

What is the difference between a hardcore protein treatment and a regualr protein treatment? I've always seen it mentioned on the board but don't what it is, thanks

Hardcore treatments would be used every 2-3 months
IMO Regular Treatments Mines would be Aphogee 2 minute which I use regularly
Some use Nexxus Emergencee Regularly every other week to weekly.

What ever your regularly use :grin:

The hardcore Aphogee is the treatment that dries hard on your head like a helmet. It takes a while to dry and you don't use that treatment often. It's applied every 6-8 weeks. A regular protein would be the Aphogee 2 min or Joico K-Pak. I use regular protein every week. It's something that you leave on for a few mins and wash out.

:yahoo: Temporarily hijacking this thread to say I ordered my steamer last night. I'm SO excited!!! :goodpost:
I'M NEXT!!!! :yep: (Bday gift from dh).

Congrats!! Don't have time to read all posts just yet. Which did you get?

JJ, you've sold us all!

Back