Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Hello Ladies. i would like to join in.

I wash once a week.
Co wash once a week.
Dc after each wash.
Moisturise my hair every other day.
Keep my hair wrap at night.
Stop cutting my hair.

Attachments

• 2010-10-16_13_24_52.jpg
    2010-10-16_13_24_52.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0452.JPG
    DSCN0452.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 102
This thread is JUST what I've been looking for!! I've been trying to get my niece's hair healthier, but what I've been doing hasn't really been working :-/ . You ladies have some BEAUTIFUL hair.

Hey ladies, I am loving this thread....i am currently transitioning but I am so ready to BC. I am 19 months post (20 months on 23rd of Dec.). Really want to wait until 24 months post (April 23 rd my goal) but I might BC at the end of the year. I am currently in a sew-in because it will keep me from cutting and I am in the HYH challenge. I'm happy to be a part of this army....HHJ ladies.

aefd6807-6691-cc80.jpg
[QUOTE=PrincesscurlyQ
Thanks! All I do is in the morning I wash my face with St. Ives green tea cleanser then apply some Kiss My Face Natural Ultra Moisturizer olive and aloe. In repeat at night.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

@loves harmony. wow so simple. thanks for sharing. hair is lovely as well . cannot wait till my "poof" gets big like that. mines premature. lol.

Hi Ladies
Another 4b Natural checking in. I am a little past APL--when Stretched my hair is just grazing the top of BSB. My goal is WL with long layers. Here are a few pic’s from my December 4th takedown. I will officially hit my two year HHG anniversary in early Jan, so hoping to squeeze out another ½ inch of growth.

Attachments

• Freshly Washed and DC'd Hair.jpg
    Freshly Washed and DC'd Hair.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Blow Dried- Back.jpg
    Blow Dried- Back.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Dec 4th BlowOut.jpg
    Dec 4th BlowOut.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 210
My hair is still in the minibraids - they're about 3 weeks old now. I'm deciding whether to convert them into twists (with braided roots as is my custom), or take them out and do something different until the New Year.

*Gulp* I just posted my intro You Tube vid! I have always hidden my face on forums and fotki, so my unmasking is a big thing for me.

I'm slowly but surely crawling my way to longer 4b hair. I have a fotki documenting my journey and I will post pics of my recently straightened hair. I got it done at the Domincan Essence in Brooklyn sometime in November. I hope to inspire and be inspired. HHG my fellow 4bs!!!

Shrinkage pre-straightening:

Straightened hair. I'm somewhere around BSL:

Welcome @NYsister, @transitioning, and all the other 4b-ers who've decided to join our little community. This thread's only a couple of weeks old, but there's already so much information here. Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

@Mwedzi- are you allowed to say who the stylist is who's training your hair? I saw on your fokti that stylist apparently approached you, so I don't know if you can.....but since we're both in the DMV area I thought I'd give it a shot :)

Yes, it's Reniece. She straightened my hair today, trimmed, and took pictures. When she sends them to me, I'll make a thread. :)

Hola type 4 Naturalistas

I got a full sew in on Dec 11.

I will keep this in for my Winter PS.

Planning on posting pics tonight

Yes, it's Reniece. She straightened my hair today, trimmed, and took pictures. When she sends them to me, I'll make a thread. :)

Yaaaayyy! Both for the upcoming Mwedzi flat iron thread, and for the fact that it is Reniece. Not that I will ever get one of those elusive flat iron appts with her, but a girl can dream lol......

I'm slowly but surely crawling my way to longer 4b hair. I have a fotki documenting my journey and I will post pics of my recently straightened hair. I got it done at the Domincan Essence in Brooklyn sometime in November. I hope to inspire and be inspired. HHG my fellow 4bs!!!

That is some serious shrinkage!! I loves it! Your flat iron came out nicely too and I am loving that dress :yep:

That is some serious shrinkage!! I loves it! Your flat iron came out nicely too and I am loving that dress :yep:

Thanks!!! Shrinkage is truly amazing. I had the dress made for a naija (I'm Nigerian) party; it was my friend's dad 70th birthday.

Thanks!!! Shrinkage is truly amazing. I had the dress made for a naija (I'm Nigerian) party; it was my friend's dad 70th birthday.

I was just about to tell you how much you look like one of my cousins....makes sense that you're a fellow naija! That bone structure will telll on us every time, won't it? Lol

Gorgeous face and hair- welcome!

I'm getting excited just thinking about it, I truly have a hair problem. Your hair is so fab!!!! I'm so scared to go to a stylist, I think I have a phobia for real. I can't wait to see your hair, I bet it's WL

I was just about to tell you how much you look like one of my cousins....makes sense that you're a fellow naija! That bone structure will telll on us every time, won't it? Lol

Gorgeous face and hair- welcome!

Haha it sure would! Thanks my naija sis! Your progress in your siggy is truly inspiring!!!

@yaya24...another naija sis, so happy there's more of us. Beautiful hair in your siggy.

Pretty Hair.

Looks like you got a cut instead of a trim though.

Here are my pics from last Tuesday:

December makes 1.5 years of being natural.

BC June 2009

P1010905555eyes1-viii.jpg

Last weekend (Nov 20, 10)-- My 4BZZZZ hair in its shrunken glory
smiley4.gif

P1000099.jpg

P1000162.jpg

Today Nov 23 2010
(got my hair blown out flat ironed and trimmed)

blownout.jpg

flatironed.jpg

halfup.jpg

By the end of the day my hair was in a ponytail. Looking forward to washing on Tuesday :yep:
P1000209.jpg

Back